Will we ever find out what team was behind Allen's leaked tweets?

Big Turk

On 4/28/2018 at 12:13 PM, the skycap said:

Well we know it wasn't the Bills organization 

How so?

6 hours ago, Limeaid said:

He explained enough that former teammates said it was no issue and one playing for Bills (Eddie Yarbrough) endorsed him to front office.  Evidently a lot of it was song quotes (I question more his taste in music) and pranking by fellow players who borrowed cell phone.  

That's such a convenient bull **** excuse. I'm not saying the tweets make him racist, but I just don't buy that ****. If your friends keep tweeting out racist stuff when they borrow your cell phone, when do you stop giving them your cell phone? 

He was young and dumb. Extremely dumb.

Edited by Ol Dirty B

On 4/28/2018 at 11:13 AM, apuszczalowski said:

I would bet it wasn't any team but just some internet troll football fan,

Or sports reporter looking for clicks. I too am not convinced it was a NFL team. I think a sports reporter or can is a more likely culprit.

6 hours ago, Augie said:

We’ll never know, and it would have to be far more heinous for me to worry much about what some 14-15 year old kid tweets. Let this be a lesson to the current crop of youngsters. 

The lesson is obvious. If you wAnt to make dumb comments, make them behind the hand ball courts when you and your buddies sneak out to smoke a cigarette.  DO NOT do it on twitter. You might as well chisel it in stone in front of the school.

But with the state of Twitter and people today I give them .01003 chance of learning anything. They'll probably rationalize it by saying he still got picked at 7 and is a millionaire.

On 4/28/2018 at 2:08 PM, WhoTom said:

Maybe Allen did it himself. He wanted to make sure the Browns didn't draft him.

Most plausible theory yet

On 4/28/2018 at 2:34 PM, Ifartalot said:

Regardless, the fault for this "leak" is all on Allen and he has no one to blame but himself for his stupidity and ignorance.

That he left them on his twitter account for 6 or so years and just recently deleted them would seem that they didn't concern him.

The "I was just a young foolish teen" excuse is lame, many players won't buy that. The Bills took a big risk in more ways than one with Allen.  

From someone with the name " Ifaralot" . . .  calling someone else, "stupid and ignorant" ????

2 hours ago, CSBill said:

Most plausible theory yet

From someone with the name " Ifaralot" . . .  calling someone else, "stupid and ignorant" ????

Yeah, the name is getting the petty reaction from some I thought it would.

On 4/28/2018 at 11:57 AM, matter2003 said:

Think its pretty obvious a team had been keeping this in their back pocket and waited until the last minute to try leak these out hoping it would hurt his draft stock so he woukd fall down the board far enough to them.

Could it have been the Bills? Cards?  Doubt we will ever find out for sure but be I think its pretty much guaranteed it was an NFL team...

Again, when it comes to leaks, I dont put anything past Russ Brandon. I know this one is a stretch, but if he knew the Bills liked him, and we didnt have a solid trade deal in place the night before the draft, I could see Russ thinking he'd be the hero.

21 hours ago, reddogblitz said:

the state of Twitter and people today I give them .01003 chance of learning anything. They'll probably rationalize it by saying he still got picked at 7 and is a millionaire.

Have been at jobs where candidates were rejected because of social medium posts.  I had one place ask me about it (changed my name on board at time due to it) and interviewer was laughing at some of the posts I did so it did not hurt but it does hurt potential job seekers.

10 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Again, when it comes to leaks, I dont put anything past Russ Brandon. I know this one is a stretch, but if he knew the Bills liked him, and we didnt have a solid trade deal in place the night before the draft, I could see Russ thinking he'd be the hero.

Good be a Bills fan who hated him as a choice and wanted Bills to pass on him.  That profile fits many here.