AFC East QBs - I like how it turned out (at this point)

Even though I was disappointed with the Bills selection (I’m getting there, I promise) I was kind of happy with what occurred with our division at the position. First and foremost the Pats didn’t trade up for Rosen despite that thread insisting the Niners owed BB a favor. The Fish didn’t trade up for him either (or any QB) which makes me happy they will go 2nd tier and we get more Tanny. Finally the Jests passed on him despite a lot of pundits saying he was a great fit for their offense and city. He’s in the nfc, and I’ll be able to somewhat ignore if he’s awesome. This is good.

the Jets also got shut out of their reported bae Baker Mayfield, which I’m also very happy about not playing him twice a year. I think I would hate that. 

The Pats are also going 2nd tier in their Brady replacement. No Lamar in our division which is a relief. 

Finally, I really like Darnold. He’s so nice and soft spoken, he’s hard to dislike even in the division. I may end up hating playing him if becomes great, but right now he’s a project like Allen in terms of rawness, and I have time. Glad it wasn’t Rosen or Mayfield.

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

I fully expect that Gang green, Pats nation and the Dolphins fan group text to Also love that we took Allen, but whatev.

Surprisingly a bit of praise for the Bills move last night with Allen. Not much talk of Edmunds, a few callers complaining the Pats should have taken a backer but teams beating them to the punch. CBS sports gave the Bills an A+ for the pick, Cardinals for an A,  Browns and Jets were in the C range IIRC

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Commonsense said:

Surprisingly a bit of praise for the Bills move last night with Allen. Not much talk of Edmunds, a few callers complaining the Pats should have taken a backer but teams beating them to the punch. CBS sports gave the Bills an A+ for the pick, Cardinals for an A,  Browns and Jets were in the C range IIRC

The pats where locked in on wynn after the raiders took miller. 

• Like (+1) 1

The Bills got a good one, I am not sold on Darnold as well USC QB always seem struggle in the NFL.

As for the Pats the two QBs I wanted for them are still there and IMO a better fit for our offense than Jackson was. (Either Rudolph or Laneta)

Edited by PatsFanNH
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, PatsFanNH said:

The Bills got a good one, I am not sold on Darnold as well USC QB always seem struggle in the NFL.

As for the Pats the two QBs I wanted for them are still there and IMP a better fit for our offense than Jackson was. (Either Rudolph or Laneta)

I fully expect them to take one of those guys

The idea that the patriots where gonna move into the top 15 or even move up for that matter was bs. Belichick dosent move up. He values his draft picks and wasnt given 2-3 picks to move up. The only thing the pats wpuld have done is move back to gain picks. Since belichick has been there this has been his mo

20 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Even though I was disappointed with the Bills selection (I’m getting there, I promise) I was kind of happy with what occurred with our division at the position. First and foremost the Pats didn’t trade up for Rosen despite that thread insisting the Niners owed BB a favor. The Fish didn’t trade up for him either (or any QB) which makes me happy they will go 2nd tier and we get more Tanny. Finally the Jests passed on him despite a lot of pundits saying he was a great fit for their offense and city. He’s in the nfc, and I’ll be able to somewhat ignore if he’s awesome. This is good.

the Jets also got shut out of their reported bae Baker Mayfield, which I’m also very happy about not playing him twice a year. I think I would hate that. 

The Pats are also going 2nd tier in their Brady replacement. No Lamar in our division which is a relief. 

Finally, I really like Darnold. He’s so nice and soft spoken, he’s hard to dislike even in the division. I may end up hating playing him if becomes great, but right now he’s a project like Allen in terms of rawness, and I have time. Glad it wasn’t Rosen or Mayfield.

Fair take.

1 minute ago, Will-GM-for-food said:

Tre White will be eating up Darnold's passes for years to come ... can't wait!!

That could be. Also might follow up the butt fumble with his usc bro Sanchez. He might have a rough start, still see him having a high ceiling. The question is will he get the time? They never let Hack take a snap. 

22 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

excellent post my friend. Loved it.