RD1, Pick 7: Josh Allen QB - Wyoming

SDS

2 minutes ago, BillsRdue said:

When I hear his name called I had the typical "wtf" moment, but this kid is growing on me.  And the more I hear Rosen popping off his chops, the happier I get that we took Allen.  I think he may have the ability to surpass Darnold and Mayfield. That's a big if, but he seems like the type of kid who is going to mature into a leader and keep his head intact.  

Darnold's loose ball tendencies in the NY winter may Sanchise him. Mayfield may still be the best, but he seems like a kid who's one tick away from exploding and doing something bad off field that will drag down the clubhouse. Rosen is in a good situation in AZ. Perhaps better than Buff, where he can learn from Palmer and recover from the head injuries. 

The dark horse is Rudolph. Pitt always has good teams and sitting behind Ben will get him ready to shine. Bottom line is that I think each team got the QB best suited for their environment. Next up, Lauletta, White or Woodside in NE. My bet is Lauletta in the 4th.  3 years from now he is Tom 1.5, not a full clone, but close enough to keep NE competitive.

I did as well my friend. I was definitely Team Rosen based off of Beane’s comments predraft about being a them looking for a pocket passer and being accurate. I thought Allen was a project  but the tools were always there. 

Darnold- man his game just screams Ryan Fitzpatrick to me.. the ruggedness, turnovers, #14. Maybe that’s just me

mayfield- he is in a horrible situation and man I wish he could have went ANYWHERE else but Cleveland to silence his critics but I guess if he is gonna do it that’s the best place?

I honestly believe Lamar is in the best spot for his growth. He will sit behind Flacco and be forced to wait.  That’s the best thing that could have happened for him.

Rudolph I feel is going to be another Landry Jones. 

We got the best of the bunch the more I think on it. He is more elite traits than any of the other top 4. 

6 minutes ago, Art in RTP said:

The quarterback sneak is back in the playbook 

He also has a GREAT hardcount:rolleyes:

• Like (+1) 2

29 minutes ago, Rad Likes The Bills said:

He is a raw piece of clay ready to be molded and “processed”!  

He is oozing potential

-Elite Size ( Cam, Wentz, Early Big Ben)

-Elite Arm Strength ( he believes in his arm and if mine was that strong I would too)

- He can move, ( he does vacate a clean pocket more than I would prefer but he will be coached up)

- He is super gritty (fights for extra yardage, numerous hurdles over defenders on film)

-  37 Wonderlic! He is a smart kid, articulate and did great on the whiteboard (hopefully translates into mastering Brian Daboll’s playbook-with the hope down the line he is calling plays at the line of scrimmage being in complete control of the offense, assessing what the  defense is giving him and making the correct play call and key audibles based off matchups)

- Hardworker! Look at how much he has already improved in the offseason, just from the senior bowl to the combine he definitely refined his mechanics. 

I can’t wait to see him grow into a franchise QB. We have our QB for the next decade! Remember Bills fans there will definitely be some growing pains and he does have a lot of work to put in to reach his ceiling (top 5 Qb, All Pro) but it’s going to be an amazing ride! 

#BUFFALOBALLEN!

:wub:

He definitely could be the guy. I get why folks are nervous, but you have to be a bit excited.

also, is Big Ben shrinking with age? I enjoyed the way you mentioned his size 

I agree completely. So much upside. Not just his physical traits but his brain! I believe he will develop into a good pocket passer. Thanks for this thread. Way too many chicken little know it all’s out there right now.

Allen is going to be the greatest thing that happened to the Bills since Jim Kelly (other than our beloved owners stopping Trump or Bon Jovi from getting our team)

All three guys we took are huge character guys.  Leaders that work their tails off.  To go with existing highest possible character guys ranging from Zo and Kyle to Milano and Tre White.  This is a very, very easy team to like.

• Like (+1) 2

13 hours ago, Rebel101 said:

Ok so we sit still until the cardinals trade up for Allen and then move up to take Rosen we get a better and player give up less...how you figure that doesnt work.

Ok so we sit still until the cardinals trade up for Allen and then move up to take Rosen we get a better and player give up less...how you figure that doesnt work.

The Bills got the qb that they wanted the most. That was the draft strategy for more than a year. The Bills had a plan to accumulate picks and then use them for the best qb that they could get. The price wasn't cheap but it wasn't exorbitant. We gave up two second round picks and retained the extra first round pick that we gained in a deal with KC last year. One of the two second round picks was an extra pick that was gotten from the Watkins deal to LA.  So one way of looking at this deal is that we gave up an original second round pick for a potential franchise qb.

Anyone can look back at any draft after the fact and declare we could have and should have done such and such. The reality is that the Bills were worried that another team was attempting to move up and take our preferred qb. And they were right! The Bills factored in the possibility of such a contingency and they smartly responded on real time. Arizona was targeting the qb that we wanted. They settled for their next best option and we got our preferred option. What's is there to complain about? 

If you preferred another qb then so be it. The Bills went into this draft with a desired outcome, and when it was concluded they accomplished what they set up to accomplish. If you consider that as a failure then you must be standing on your head and have an upside/down notion of what success is.  

25 minutes ago, bkep32 said:

notice how the original poster has been silent the last few pages...goes to show

5 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

His parents made him go to bed. The trolls usually wake up around noon and start their crap-throwing.

4 minutes ago, bkep32 said:

makes sense..thanks for the clearity....:lol:

To be fair, I thought the original poster here was Rebel101, not transplant since Rebel has been doing most of the crying/trolling here.

Went back and watching Allen’s games. Horrific OL and skill positions but he’s coming into the exact same position here.

Even with his elite arm he’s always late getting the football or. Either he has slow eyes or he doesn’t trust what he’s saying. At the next level those windows get smaller. He needs to be quicker.

Kid can move which is great but sometimes he’ll run right into trouble when all he needs to do is take a step up or to the side. Footwork is a huge concern but he’s made strides there during the offseason. 

I love that he gives his WR’s a chance to go up and get it but sometimes it’s because he holds on to it for so long that he allow the coverage to get back. So a spectacular catch is made when a routine one could’ve been made if he got it out quicker.

The kid needs a lot of work and tinkering. I really hope Beane is right on him because I’m so sick of not having a great QB.