RD1, Pick 7: Josh Allen QB - Wyoming

SDS

6 hours ago, Wayne Arnold said:

It's a good thing we have three picks between 53 and 65. We could take two wide receivers plus patch up another hole.

Wait...oh...

Welp I liked trading up for the LB. I don't recall what we gave up for that tho.

Get Dez??:unsure:

10 minutes ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

Welp I liked trading up for the LB. I don't recall what we gave up for that tho.

Get Dez??:unsure:

For what Dez is going to want I'd have to pass. I will say this, if he wants a 1 year prove it deal that's fine. But idk if he can prove it. He hasn't in some time.

I wish we had snagged MARTAVIS Bryant. What a nasty WR threesome over there in LV. Cooper, Nelson and Bryant. That may be tops in the league if Cooper bounces back.

40 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

Idiotic to declare something as fact you have zero basis for knowing.   Clearly you are not familiar with the concept of risk management.

You don't either. There is some in this thread said that Beane practiced patience, but he traded away 3 picks for him. If he did practice patience, he would have gotten Allen at number 12 without trading anything. Think about it. John Elway passed on Allen. Giants passed on him. So did Browns and Jets. Chicago wasn't looking for a QB. So did the Niners. The only team to ruin this was the Cardinals. Maybe.

I hope Allen becomes anything near Jim Kelly/Cam Newton.

3 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Fwiw, Mel Kiper opened the Draft tonight by praising Buffalo for their moves last night and called Josh Allen a “once every 10-15 year talent at QB”. 

Won another offseason!!!

Guy said he played sports to avoid farm choirs.... questionable work ethic lol

4 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Fwiw, Mel Kiper opened the Draft tonight by praising Buffalo for their moves last night and called Josh Allen a “once every 10-15 year talent at QB”. 

Mel Kiper's opinion doesn't mean anything. He's been wrong, too. His stance on Jimmy Clausen and Johnny Manziel was delusional.

7 minutes ago, Buffalo Ballin said:

Mel Kiper's opinion doesn't mean anything. He's been wrong, too. His stance on Jimmy Clausen and Johnny Manziel was delusional.

His opinion doesn't mean much, but neither does the plethora of bellyaching fans hating the pick determine whether or not Allen succeeds.

• Like (+1) 2

27 minutes ago, Buffalo Ballin said:

You show me someone who has never been wrong in projecting college players to the NFL, and I'll show you someone who has never offered an opinion on college players entering the NFL.

• Like (+1) 1

55 minutes ago, Eric Moulds on my A** said:

For what Dez is going to want I'd have to pass. I will say this, if he wants a 1 year prove it deal that's fine. But idk if he can prove it. He hasn't in some time.

I wish we had snagged MARTAVIS Bryant. What a nasty WR threesome over there in LV. Cooper, Nelson and Bryant. That may be tops in the league if Cooper bounces back.

I thought I heard Dez saying he wanted a 1 year prove it at like 3m to parlay to a final better contract. 

He can run like 2 routes but he might be eyeballing Allen's arm as a way to resurrect his career.

Don't get me started, I wanted martavis, I really wanted Terrell Pryor!

41 minutes ago, Buffalo Ballin said:

You don't either. There is some in this thread said that Beane practiced patience, but he traded away 3 picks for him. If he did practice patience, he would have gotten Allen at number 12 without trading anything. Think about it. John Elway passed on Allen. Giants passed on him. So did Browns and Jets. Chicago wasn't looking for a QB. So did the Niners. The only team to ruin this was the Cardinals. Maybe.

I hope Allen becomes anything near Jim Kelly/Cam Newton.

I think this is misleading.  Giants didn't "pass on him" any more than they passed on Darnold - they wanted Barkely.  Same with Broncos - wanting Chubb is not passing Allen.  Browns at 1 and Jets at 3 passed on Allen.  However, Bills at 7, in addition to Browns and Jets, passed on Rosen who went 10.  If the guy we didn't want went 10, it is reasonable for us to have believed the player our scouts liked better wouldn't last until 12. I think Allen should have went 1 or 2. 

7 hours ago, Figster said:

I can't argue with Buffalo being in a bit of a rebuild mode.

Myself personally though, I love the fit.

A J McCarron is a good QB and should fill in nicely through the growing pains in my humble opinion jrober38

This is a pick for the long-term.  They didn’t make this pick being unaware that Rosen will be better than Allen in 2018 and maybe 2019.  They obviously felt that in the long run Allen has a chance to be very good.  They know that there will be a significant learning curve, but are betting on a big payoff over his, hopefully long and successful career.

His size, arm and athleticism are what they are betting on - just like the Ravens are with Lamar Jackson. 

Are they right?  None of us will know for at least 2-3 years.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

After thinking about it I realize Beane made the difficult choice. The easy choice would of been Josh Rosen but he went with what he felt was the better choice.

He made that pick knowing he would be questioned about it. He made that pick knowing the fans would be upset. He made that pick knowing that himself and Josh Allen would be on damage control. That speaks volumes to me. I don't know what the outcome will be but at least I feel like Beane felt that strongly about it. I respect that. 

We gave away an opportunity to build a deep solid roster and to give away so much for a QB who I believe was the 7th or 8th rated QB in this draft was a huge mistake. The trade up for Edmunds would have been a great move if we didnt already give away both 2nds for Allen. I would have preferred us to stay put and still would have probably been able to get Allen but I'd rather have had Rosen. Hands down the best passer in this draft. But i would have wanted us to use all the picks to build a savage squad and gave away the farm next year for a QB and gave mccarron a chance to prove himself n just to build a team that was a QB away from greatness. I hope Allen develops into a Super Bowl QB but if he doesnt this draft will go down as a huge franchise failure and will set us back for years compared to what we could have done with the arsenal of picks we had

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 2
  • Haha (+1) 7

2 hours ago, ThunderingHerd said:

I got it on Facebook, here ya go bud:

Good stuff - both impressive young men.  This is the first time I've seen Allen speak, definitely going to be rooting for him.  Sounds like a hard worker that's going to put his all into it, that's encouraging.  Rooting for Edmunds too, he really seems to have a good head on his shoulders. and a strong support system.

Welcome to the team boys - Let's Go Buffalo!!

Since Adam Shefter confirmed that the Cardinals were trying to trade for Josh Allen and then settled on trading up to 10 for Rosen after we got him, I’d say your premise doesn’t work.  

Also, next years QB class is not very good so there’s that.  

• Like (+1) 6
  • Thank you (+1) 4

4 minutes ago, Rebel101 said:

We gave away an opportunity to build a deep solid roster and to give away so much for a QB who I believe was the 7th or 8th rated QB in this draft was a huge mistake. The trade up for Edmunds would have been a great move if we didnt already give away both 2nds for Allen. I would have preferred us to stay put and still would have probably been able to get Allen but I'd rather have had Rosen. Hands down the best passer in this draft. But i would have wanted us to use all the picks to build a savage squad and gave away the farm next year for a QB and gave mccarron a chance to prove himself n just to build a team that was a QB away from greatness. I hope Allen develops into a Super Bowl QB but if he doesnt this draft will go down as a huge franchise failure and will set us back for years compared to what we could have done with the arsenal of picks we had

Funny post.