Would Allen have been there at 12?

No. Schefter reported that the Cardinals wanted him, and that had been reported by other draft analysts recently. I think they still would have traded up, but would have taken Allen at 10 instead of Rosen.

Now...would ROSEN have been available at 12? Very possibly.

• Like (+1) 7
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Logic said:

No. Schefter reported that the Cardinals wanted him, and that had been reported by other draft analysts recently. I think they still would have traded up, but would have taken Allen at 10 instead of Rosen.

Yup. But also possible that Miami would have went QB instead if one of those guys were there. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Logic said:

What I also wonder is what we would've had to give up to Denver to take Allen as we apparently had a deal with them as long as Chubb was taken.

Edited by Doc Brown

1 minute ago, Doc Brown said:

What I also wonder is what we would've had to give up to Denver to take Allen as we apparently had a deal with them as long as Chubbs was taken.

Truly a gift from the Browns. 

• Haha (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Awwufelloff said:

I'm almost positive he would have been. Giving up all we did to move up 5 spots was quite dumb, a side from drafting Allen over Rosen...

No it was reported AZ tried to get into 7 for him. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Logic said:

Apparently the extent of their desire Arizona's desire was 1300 points. I think both QBs would have been waiting for you at 12.

But what's the difference? It is clear that the Bills wanted this guy and didn't want to take the chance that someone else would take him. I might not like the result but you have to applaud them for not wanting the guy to get away. The same thing that - in my mind - lead them to overpaying for Allen landed them what I felt was a top 5 talent in Edmunds. Knife cuts both ways.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Logic said:

Miami may have taken him at 11. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Miami may have taken him at 11. 

Somehow the thought of Miami fielding that call from Oakland and saying no thanks sticks in my mind. After all Rosen was the guy they were supposed to be shot in the a$$ over and they didn't bust a move on him either. 

More importantly...WHO CARES.  They got the guy they wanted, and made the move to make sure it happened.

I mean what a bunch of hypocrites this board is full of.  Everyone was all about doing what ever we needed to go get our guy.  Now that people don't agree with who that guy was, the Bills are suddenly dumb for trading up.  People were pleading for Bills to trade 3 firsts and 2 seconds to go get Rosen at 2...a guy who lasted to the 10th pick and would have been a complete waste of picks had traded to 2 for a guy who lasted to 10.

Ridiculous.  

• Like (+1) 7
  • Thank you (+1) 5

I actually agree with Alpha here... who cares?

I don't hate the process on Allen at all. They did a good job holding fire and paying a reasonable price. I hate the evaluation. But if you think he is your QB and he is there at #7 and you have a deal that makes sense you do the deal and take your guy. 

• Like (+1) 3

We kept all firsts and got our guy.  He will embody Buffalo and we are going to love him and he has a cannon to boot.  Stop complaining everyone.  The Edmunds pick was over the top.  We needed an athlete linebacker and got him.  We won the draft...Cleveland however, yikes.

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

More importantly...WHO CARES.  They got the guy they wanted, and made the move to make sure it happened.

I mean what a bunch of hypocrites this board is full of.  Everyone was all about doing what ever we needed to go get our guy.  Now that people don't agree with who that guy was, the Bills are suddenly dumb for trading up.  People were pleading for Bills to trade 3 firsts and 2 seconds to go get Rosen at 2...a guy who lasted to the 10th pick and would have been a complete waste of picks had traded to 2 for a guy who lasted to 10.

Ridiculous.  

Most people on this board had Allen as a bust so I don't see any hypocrisy here.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Doc Brown said:

Most people on this board had Allen as a bust so I don't see any hypocrisy here.

Well many people here had Tebow as a must draft.  Many people here felt Geno Smith was a must draft.  Many people here felt Watson would be a bust.  Many people here thought Wilson was too small.  

People can feel whatever they want, they are almost always wrong.  The best minds in NFL history are wrong more than they are right.  Fans have an even worse batting average.  Yet all they will ever remind you of is the occasional time their guess was right while conveniently leaving out the 1000 players they were wrong about.  

So to spend so much energy tonight wallowing in the failures of a player that haven't happened yet seems like a waste of time.  Its over...just be excited we got a guy with a ton of upside and lets see what he does before we condemn him.  

• Like (+1) 5