You snowflakes mad?

Message added by Hapless Bills Fan

This topic is already under discussion in another thread.

1 minute ago, Fadingpain said:

Have a look at history.  The people who do this for a living are not much better at selecting draft talent than anyone else.

I am not aware of any research studies showing posters on NFL team websites being as successful as team scouting staffs and front offices in recognizing NFL talent. Perhaps you could provide some links?

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, BuffaloBud420 said:

Mayfield sucks. Manzeil 2.0. Browns are such idiots 

He's not even close to being Manziel. He's actually smart and knows the game. He is the most accurate QB in the draft and is so to all levels of the field. He is also passionate and wants to be the best. A two-time walk on QB who became the best in college football. The Browns just got a Franchise QB. 

As a former Marine who has at one time in my life been trained to end human life with my bare hands if necessary I have always thought it was nearly impossible to offend me. 

I have believed this most of my life. I was wrong as it turns out. 

Being called a “snowflake” makes me literally want to rip someone’s candy ass over privileged still beating heart out of their pampered chest and eat it. 

Weird 

• Haha (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, bobobonators said:

Favre - 52% comp in college. 

Dan Marino - 57% comp in college

Jim Kelly - 55% in college

End thread. 

What's it like not realizing you are comparing apples to oranges? 

Just now, Green Lightning said:

Soul crushing night. All that draft capital giving away for an epic bust in the making. At least we got a good linebacker. Now we get to sit out for the rest of the draft and see all the good players we missed go by. They should have stayed at 12 they would have gotten this bust anyway. They should have stayed at 21 a good player would have come to him, instead we gave away the farm for what.

Arizona wanted him and would have taken him over Rosen.  Would Miami or seone else take Rosen before we picked? Who knows.  Beane had to make a move.  I am ok with the trade of 2nd picks.  I do wish we could have traded 96 instead of 65 for Jermaine but that kid should have gone 7 or 8 picks before that.   Overall a good night.  If we can get a good OL or WR at 96 then we will leave the first three rounds with three starting caliber players.  Which all you can ask.  

41 minutes ago, Seanbillsfan2206 said:

“Snowflake” is definitely the most overused term in the history of the English language 

I’ve learned that the biggest ❄️ are the ones who call others ❄️.  ❄️ is about as cool as a man using the phrase butt hurt.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, H2o said:

He's not even close to being Manziel. He's actually smart and knows the game. He is the most accurate QB in the draft and is so to all levels of the field. He is also passionate and wants to be the best. A two-time walk on QB who became the best in college football. The Browns just got a Franchise QB. 

He’s a maniac who keeps a list of enemies. I think the fanciest inpatient psych facility in Ohio just got a franchise resident. 

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, billsfan1959 said:

I am not aware of any research studies showing posters on NFL team websites being as successful as team scouting staffs and front offices in recognizing NFL talent. Perhaps you could provide some links?

It's not an exact science for sure but I think there is a lot of arrogance among fans esp with the internet where people think the information they get off of websites is as good as what professional scouting staffs have. But no matter what picks thought to be "good" will be busts and "Busts" will end up being great players. 

2 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

It's not an exact science for sure but I think there is a lot of arrogance among fans esp with the internet where people think the information they get off of websites is as good as what professional scouting staffs have. But no matter what picks thought to be "good" will be busts and "Busts" will end up being great players. 

Fans also get the added benefit of hindsight with their picks  

3 minutes ago, jimmy10 said:

He’s a maniac who keeps a list of enemies. I think the fanciest inpatient psych facility in Ohio just got a franchise resident. 

A chip on your shoulder makes you more competitive. What else do you think his list serves. It's motivation

Edited by PetermanThrew5Picks

Just now, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

A chip on your shoulder makes you more competitive. What else do you think his list serves. It's motivation

A chip on your shoulder makes you competitive. Keeping a list of enemies makes you Richard Nixon. 

1 minute ago, billsfan89 said:

Agreed. Any endeavor to predict anything in the way of human behavior is an inexact science. However, I will put my faith in staffs that literally spend hundreds upon hundreds of hours vetting draft picks over any garden variety poster on a fan website.

8 minutes ago, blitzboy54 said:

As a former Marine who has at one time in my life been trained to end human life with my bare hands if necessary I have always thought it was nearly impossible to offend me. 

I have believed this most of my life. I was wrong as it turns out. 

Being called a “snowflake” makes me literally want to rip someone’s candy ass over privileged still beating heart out of their pampered chest and eat it. 

Weird 

Yikes this is a football forum soldier. Put your anger away and take this beer.

• Like (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, Sweats said:

I neither like the pick nor hate it...........i'm a little concerned about taking a project QB in the top 10 though.

I'm all for a project QB if we have Andy Reid, Doug Pederson or Sean McVay as our head coach.

But we got the defensive minded Sean McDermott and we all saw how well he had his staff prepare Petterson to start.

• Like (+1) 2

25 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

No, he is on a short leash with a very small segment of the fan base who think they know more than people who do this for a living. Beane may not be smarter than everyone else; however I'm pretty sure he is smarter, in these matters, than that very small segment

You're the same fan saying the same crap about the same **** FO's this excuse of an NFL franchise has had the last two decades...

This is a never ending nightmare...