RD 1, Pick 16: Tremaine Edmunds OLB - Virginia Tech

SDS

3 minutes ago, #34fan said:

Busts usually do.

doesnt everyone?...    Tom Brady isnt 19 anymore.   

If you didnt feel good about Edmunds before....this video takes it up a notch.   

the only knock the video states about him is completely coach able and partly to do with him being "young" and wet behind the 

ears a bit still..  again i think he will get older probably every day.   

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Comebackkid said:

are you being clairvoyant about our 1st round draft picks for the next 4 years?

Damn it, I botched it, good catch. Only first round pick from this year's draft is what I meant.

I was trying to get people going, good catch. I do stand by that statement though, I don't know if Allen will even see the 5th year here. That is crazy to say too, and probably dumb. I just don't believe him, I'm kind of out of sorts tonight.

Edited by Ol Dirty B

Just now, Ol Dirty B said:

Damn it, I botched it, good catch. Only first round pick from this year's draft is what I meant.

I was trying to get people going, good catch. I do stand by that statement though, I don't know if Allen will even see the 5th year here. That is crazy to say too, and probably dumb. I just don't believe him, I'm kind of out of sorts tonight.

i knew what u meant, just giving you crap lol..       nobody knows whats going to happen man, just cross your fingers and hope for the best.  no matter how much you hate it or love it...whats going to happen will still happen.

12 minutes ago, Comebackkid said:

doesnt everyone?...    Tom Brady isnt 19 anymore.   

If you didnt feel good about Edmunds before....this video takes it up a notch.   

the only knock the video states about him is completely coach able and partly to do with him being "young" and wet behind the 

ears a bit still..  again i think he will get older probably every day.   

I'm sorry but round 1 is for drafting starters... Not feel-good projects like the Bills drafted today... Neither one of these kids were worth trading up for, IMO....

We didn't get Cam Newton OR Luke Kuechley today.

2 minutes ago, #34fan said:

I'm sorry but round 1 is for drafting starters... Not feel-good projects like the Bills drafted today... Neither one of these kids were worth trading up for, IMO....

As far as Qbs..its not about when they start..its about what they do after they start.  I'd rather have  qb sit for a year and learn than be thrown in and flame out.   as far as Edmunds, he will start day 1.   He has the potential to be better than kuechley.   

1 minute ago, Comebackkid said:

As far as Qbs..its not about when they start..its about what they do after they start.  I'd rather have  qb sit for a year and learn than be thrown in and flame out.   as far as Edmunds, he will start day 1.   He has the potential to be better than kuechley.   

Guess we'll see... I'll go on record today, as hating the Allen pick, and not really liking the Edmunds pick at all...

Beane really disappointed the sh_t out of me today.... Not holding out much hope for this regime.

16 minutes ago, #34fan said:

I was a Whaley defender. I find it hard to hate on Edmunds after drafting Shaq. I know two wrongs don't make a right, but I think Edmunds is a good player.

31 minutes ago, #34fan said:

You're right. The combo may be better.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Ol Dirty B said:

I was a Whaley defender. I find it hard to hate on Edmunds after drafting Shaq. I know two wrongs don't make a right, but I think Edmunds is a good player.

Guess we'll see... I think, in the end, folks may feel like they gave McBeane too much credit.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, #34fan said:

Guess we'll see... I think, in the end, folks may feel like they gave McBeane too much credit.

I'm not a fan of these guys, so I'll have no problem saying goodbye. I just like the Edmunds pick, but like you said, we'll see.

• Like (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, #34fan said:

I love this. Edmunds was a consensus top 10 pick by all of the draft experts, and most people thought we would not even have a second pick in the 1st round if we moved up to get one of the top 4 QB's, and still people are bitching.  We just got 2 potential superstars and still have plenty of picks left in this draft. These are not "feel good projects", they are 2 top 10 talents on day one of the draft. I am excited for the future of this franchise, sorry you can't enjoy it. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

42 minutes ago, #34fan said:

As far as Edmonds goes, you are right he won’t be Keuchly. He doesn’t have the same instincts and coverage ability. 

I still think he was the best LB on the board and will be a real problem for opposing offenses with his length and ability to get downfield. Much better on taking on blocks than Vander Esch but with the same sideline to sideline range. 

If Buffalo is smart, they let both Allen and Edmonds sit for a year to develop mentally and physically. Won’t happen, and that’s why they are talented but risky picks. Which the risk is compounded by what we gave up. Overall though, I love the draft and I hope it works out well for McBean and Buffalo.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

I love this. Edmunds was a consensus top 10 pick by all of the draft experts, and most people thought we would not even have a second pick in the 1st round if we moved up to get one of the top 4 QB's, and still people are bitching.  We just got 2 potential superstars and still have plenty of picks left in this draft. These are not "feel good projects", they are 2 top 10 talents on day one of the draft. I am excited for the future of this franchise, sorry you can't enjoy it. 

Fair enough... We could get lucky in the later rounds....FTR, I wasn't a proponent of moving up at all in round 1...But I get it. -You're excited.

Here's hoping you're still excited come November.

• Like (+1) 1