Kiper and McShay Predict The Bills Will Pass on QB in 1st to “Fill Holes”

2 hours ago, BuffaloRush said:

https://www.buffalorumblings.com/2018/4/25/17279816/final-mel-kiper-jr-todd-mcshay-2018-nfl-mock-draft-has-buffalo-bills-getting-quarterback-rudolph

Mel Kiper and Todd McShay released their mock draft yesterday.  This would be a pretty bad scenario for the Bills.  Drafting Tremaine Edwards at 12, McGlinchy at 22, and then Mason Rudolph in the 2nd round.   If this happens I will start a new thread about why the 2018 draft was a fail for the Bills.

The one thing is - Kiper and McShay do not have trades in their mock draft and are selecting players in their spots as of yesterday

They are clueless, neither of these players had a pre-draft visit. Mayfield, Rosen, Allen and Darnold have. They are dumb and dumber.

https://www.buffalorumblings.com/2018/4/25/17279816/final-mel-kiper-jr-todd-mcshay-2018-nfl-mock-draft-has-buffalo-bills-getting-quarterback-rudolph

Mel Kiper and Todd McShay released their mock draft yesterday.  This would be a pretty bad scenario for the Bills.  Drafting Tremaine Edwards at 12, McGlinchy at 22, and then Mason Rudolph in the 2nd round.   If this happens I will start a new thread about why the 2018 draft was a fail for the Bills.

The one thing is - Kiper and McShay do not have trades in their mock draft and are selecting players in their spots as of yesterday

Why is this horrible?  If all the top QBs are gone, and we are able to get Rudolph in the 2nd round, its a win-win.  We get a potential star QB in the 2nd round, all while getting some day 1 starters in the first round that fill some HUGE holes.

In all reality Rudolph has just as much of a probability of doing great things as just flaming out as all the others.  It's a freaking crap shoot drafting a QB.

Just goes to show how out of touch they are...and completely unconnected to the Bills front office. 

I'm completely convinced we go hard for QB with our first pick, and I doubt we get shut out with all the ammo we've got. All the circumstantial evidence points to us getting a QB, and Kim's appearance on NFL Network sealed it for me. Unsolicited she offered up that we're going after a QB. I trust the owner knows what she's talking about. 

1 hour ago, DCOrange said:

Assuming you’re referring to Derwin James, some people think he could be a LB in the NFL

If you told me the Bills couldn't draft Mayfield or Rosen, but they'd get Derwin James as a consolation prize and keep their remaining picks I'd be pretty damned pleased. It would almost certainly mean that some idiot put Josh Allen in the first 5 and probably, overdrafted Sam Darnold as well.

Why would that be a fail ???  Are you kidding me ?? We get a stud LB and OL , and Rudolph in the second round  , this would be amazing, we might have to take Rudolph at here 12 , 

Either  of the top 2 lbs is a perfect fit given draft position and team needs, so calling either one of those picks a failure is really short sighted. I get that alot of people want a qb (and I do to for that matter) but passing on inmediate starters and potential pro bowlers for need can get a GM fired just as easily as failing to address the qb position. A pro bowl lb could give them the best D in the division for years to come. Especially if the jets and Dolphins swing and miss at QB.

If draft history tells us anything its that skipping rare talent for need is dangerous.

Edited by MURPHD6

14 minutes ago, rafter said:

With most of what they say, it doesn't make sense. Some of those holes were created to generate assets to get a QB

10 minutes ago, TOboy said:

Just goes to show how out of touch they are...and completely unconnected to the Bills front office. 

I'm completely convinced we go hard for QB with our first pick, and I doubt we get shut out with all the ammo we've got. All the circumstantial evidence points to us getting a QB, and Kim's appearance on NFL Network sealed it for me. Unsolicited she offered up that we're going after a QB. I trust the owner knows what she's talking about. 

GUYS! Right from the article: "With no trades allowed, the pair has the Buffalo Bills missing out on a rush for quarterbacks, while scooping up players at other positions that fall down the board as a result. "

Not to defend old Dumb and Dumber, but they know the Bills are trading up. We did this same mock here at TBD with no trades allowed and didnt end up any better than them. Heck, I think I prefer their no-trade draft to ours. We reached for a QB at #12 and Rudolph was still available much later.

This mock is NOT a "prediction", that's just a bad thread title.

Edited by DrDawkinstein
  • Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, DrDawkinstein said:

GUYS! Right from the article: "With no trades allowed, the pair has the Buffalo Bills missing out on a rush for quarterbacks, while scooping up players at other positions that fall down the board as a result. "

Not to defend old Dumb and Dumber, but they know the Bills are trading up. We did this same mock here at TBD with no trades allowed and didnt end up any better than them. Heck, I think I prefer their no-trade draft to ours. We reached for a QB at #12 and Rudolph was still available much later.

giphy.gif

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Max Fischer said:

Yeah, and maybe see how things work out a year or two before declaring any draft a failure. 

What are you talking about?

The point was the title originally said Mayock not McShay. It was already cleared up.

2 hours ago, Bill from NYC said:

Yeah well Pat Kirwin, in his final mock draft, predicted that the Bills would draft a safety at #12 and it wasn't even Minkah Fitzpatrick.

That's strange.  I know last week on his Moving The Chains radio show, Jim Miller and him had us taking Lamar Jackson with the 12th pick in the first round.  Didn't know he changed that, but if he did and has us taking a safety, that is a major fail.

10 minutes ago, MURPHD6 said:

Either  of the top 2 lbs is a perfect fit given draft position and team needs, so calling either one of those picks a failure is really short sighted. I get that alot of people want a qb (and I do to for that matter) but passing on inmediate starters and potential pro bowlers for need can get a GM fired just as easily as failing to address the qb position. A pro bowl lb could give them the best D in the division for years to come. Especially if the jets and Dolphins swing and miss at QB.

If draft history tells us anything its that skipping rare talent for need is dangerous.

Well said ?!!! 

And not only that but we still get Rudolph in the second round ! 

I would not be surprised if Rudolph is our plan B , IMO he’s everything that our FO/coaches are looking for ( from A-Z)  being  a 4 year starter and so on , 

I just don’t think he’ll be there at 22 , 

will have to get him with  12 pick if we want him , 

10 minutes ago, NewEraBills said:

To me, everything depends on the Browns.  If they take Mayfield at 1 then I think we're screwed out of Darnold and Rosen.  At that point, you don't reach on a QB.

I think it depends on NYG.  It is pretty much a given that the Browns take a QB.  What is still unknown is what NYG will do - QB or Barkley.  IF NYG takes a QB, that's three gone in the first 3 picks (Jets will take a QB at #3).  I doubt we move up to #4 if this happens.

• Like (+1) 1

Gotta get the 5th year option on a QB especially if they are expected to sit...

if this was was the goal... trade down from 22 to the end of round 1 and grab Rudolph and gain an additional late 2nd and maybe a late 4th.

Still get 2 round 1 picks, 3 second round picks, 2 3rd and 2 4th....

Edited by 1ZAYDAY1