Incoming, Speculation 49ers-Pats trade for Rosen.

Just now, MJS said:

You can tell me not to make threads if you want. I won't mind.

By the way, I don't make threads ever. I post my opinions in the countless threads that already exist about every single topic imaginable.

Great I’m glad you do. Try and be nice when you do it. This will brighten your day 

Okay, here's a hypothetical: What does everyone prefer?

Draft A:

Browns take Allen at 1

Bills take Darnold at 2

Jets take Mayfield at 3

Pats take Rosen at 9

Draft B:

Browns take Darnold at 1

Giants take Chubb at 2

Jets take Allen at 3

Bills take Rosen at 4

Just now, BuffaloHokie13 said:

Okay, here's a hypothetical: What does everyone prefer?

Draft A:

Browns take Allen at 1

Bills take Darnold at 2

Jets take Mayfield at 3

Pats take Rosen at 9

Draft B:

Browns take Darnold at 1

Giants take Chubb at 2

Jets take Allen at 3

Bills take Rosen at 4

Draft B is perfect. Jets get a guy that has serious problems with his game and Pats don't get the best pocket passer in the draft (Bills do).

1 minute ago, MJS said:

Draft B is perfect. Jets get a guy that has serious problems with his game and Pats don't get the best pocket passer in the draft (Bills do).

Thing is I think the Bills really want Darnold, but also like Rosen. If the Bills get what they want things could get really interesting in our division, but Plan B is kind of looking better to me (even if the Jets were to take Mayfield there).

1 minute ago, Thurmanator 12074 said:

Great I’m glad you do. Try and be nice when you do it. This will brighten your day 

I'm not a nice person. I'm not a mean person either, but I'm definitely not nice.

My day is not brightened by talking to strangers on a message board. I'm not here for friends. I'm here to get Bills news. My day is brightened by things in real life.

Although I do get a lot of joy from making fun of ridiculous posts.

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Thurmanator 12074 said:

I’m  just not believing at all for one minute Billcheat could not have have gotten more for Jimmy G. Something is not adding up and I smell disappointment coming for the AFC east. So if that’s correct The Pats would have had pick number 1 in the 2nd and 3rd rounds. Did Bill really what was in the pats best Interest Mark80 

Jimmy G was going to be a free agent after the season. He had a say where he was going to go. If Cleveland coveted him that doesn't mean that he coveted Cleveland. I'm sure he and his agent made it clear to the Pats and to whatever team that was considering trading for him whether he was going to sign a contract with them after the season.

In addition, teams such as Buffalo, the Jets and the Phins would have had an interest in him and would have offered more. It's doubtful that the Pats would have traded him to a divisional competitor. My point is that the Pats' hands were partially tied. It wasn't a situation where they could auction off the player to the highest bidder. They got a deal done in a situation that was much more complex and restrictive than you are making it out to be.   

19 minutes ago, Thurmanator 12074 said:

Are you a hateful person?. Why so hostile. How about saying hey thurm I do not agree with you. But let’s have a good draft and see what happens. 

exactly 

I tried that once. 

You spazzed and blocked me.

Guess that was all talk. 

Troll on!

3 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

Thing is I think the Bills really want Darnold, but also like Rosen. If the Bills get what they want things could get really interesting in our division, but Plan B is kind of looking better to me (even if the Jets were to take Mayfield there).

Well if the other thread is to be believed where Brandon Beane said he might not need to trade up to 2 to get the guy he wants, it couldn't be Darnold, right? Because Darnold is probably going in the top 2. It would have to be Mayfield or Rosen that Beane covets.

• Like (+1) 1

Man would this be a kick in the privates to have not only the Jets but NE move up on us, now all we need is Miami to finish us off and this staff would be Whaley all over again with QB purgatory.

Lucky for us this will not happen

4 hours ago, Thurmanator 12074 said:

This is just speculation on my part and Colin Cowherd but The 49ers and Pats may have a deal already In place, when they agreed to trade Jimmy G for only a 2nd round draft pick last year. We all know that it was impossible to  sign Jimmy G and keep Brady. So we all know and it was reported and speculated that  Billcheat wanted to trade Brady. So since he could not pull that off he hatched his plan. He love’s Kyle Shanahan because of Shanny’s dad so he did him and Lynch there GM a favor. He gave them Jimmy G for a 2nd rounder which we all know was below market value. So the deal coming back would be that Lynch trade him there first round pick which would be In the top 10. But Lynch would need to get 2 really good picks to make a deal seam plausible for the trade up to 9. So my guess is they’re looking at a Rosen or Darnold for their next QB. So that’s why the trade of Cook to the Rams took place. Now Bellacheat is in position to move up to nine with the 49ers and get his QB if he’s there. I will be pissed if Bellcheat gets a Rosen, Darnold or Mayfield. This place will literally melt down if this happens. Also the Pats by giving up there 2 number ones would still have 2 number 2 picks. Man I am starting to see how this all could turn into a disaster for the AFC east and the Bills. 

Also Brady can’t have more then 2 seasons left. Next years QB draft class is not really that great. 

Pats should be near the Super bowl again this year. They have two number ones and two Number 2’s this year. If I had to bet the Pats are going after Brady’s replacement this year. What if they traded 3 number 1 picks for the 49ers 9th pick. Do you think they would be able to move up. I do, then the pats have just reloaded with Rosen. 

This post cant be sincere or a real theory.  

Can the Pats make a trade to go get a QB.  Of course, every team can.  Did the Pats and 49ers contrive some extreme conspiracy as laid out in this post...um no.

I am pretty damn sure that the Patriots won't be trading to the top of the draft for a QB. I'd actually be willing to bet money on it. Too much stuff doesn't add up.

- First, take a look at their pre draft visits tracker -

https://www.patspulpit.com/2018/3/1/17068832/2018-nfl-combine-new-england-patriots-interview-tracker-bill-belichick-draft

They haven't even met with, worked out, or had pre draft visits with any of the top 4 QBs - Darnold, Rosen, Mayfield, Allen. 

But they have met with and/or worked out a bunch of the 2nd tier guys - Rudolph, Jackson, Lauretta, White, Falk, McGouch, Kanoff. 

- second, it just doesn't make sense to trade way up for a QB with Brady on the roster right now. He is likely to play for at least 2-3 more years, maybe more. 

So you trade up to the top of the draft, where the player contracts are quite a bit more expensive, just to have that guy sit on the bench for most (if not all) of his rookie deal? 

Plus, if it's true Brady was threatened by Garoppolo, how would he feel if the Pats traded away numerous 1st round picks for a QB to sit behind him, instead of using those picks to surround him with talent in his final few seasons? 

I think the Pats will definitely draft a QB. But I think it will be for one of the 2nd tier guys to develop. They have that luxury. 

At the very most, I could see a very slight trade up (to #18 maybe? Seahawks said they'd trade at a discount to get day 2 picks) for a guy like Rudolph. 

Edited by BillsFan4

Wait a minute.

Are you suggesting that a trade from October 2017 had a "secret additional pick" attached, which was not reported to the NFL?

I'm pretty sure the NFL requires paperwork to make any trade official, and something like that would not be allowed.

56 minutes ago, mjt328 said:

Wait a minute.

Are you suggesting that a trade from October 2017 had a "secret additional pick" attached, which was not reported to the NFL?

I'm pretty sure the NFL requires paperwork to make any trade official, and something like that would not be allowed.

Now you got me believin' this is real - you know, the cheatriots way :lol:

6 hours ago, Thurmanator 12074 said:

This is just speculation on my part and Colin Cowherd but The 49ers and Pats may have a deal already In place, when they agreed to trade Jimmy G for only a 2nd round draft pick last year. We all know that it was impossible to  sign Jimmy G and keep Brady. So we all know and it was reported and speculated that  Billcheat wanted to trade Brady. .............

stopped reading here

8 hours ago, Thurmanator 12074 said:

Really then how could Jimmy G go for just one 2nd round pick. I say there is a lot of smoke there. I feel many teams would have gave more. It was reported Cleveland would have gave more. Bellcheat would not let that happen after the Browns fired him in the past. Did bellcheat do what was in the best Interest of the Pats and shop Jimmy G around for the highest price. No one knew Jimmy G was even likely to be traded until wham there it was. I say your wrong on that point. 

There was an article a while back that claimed Belechick singled out SF to trade to and initiated talks.  Supposedly he usually does this with trades and doesn't just open up trading of a player for all offers.