Down to Allen or Mayfield at 1

14 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

jets are taking a qb. that has no bearing on the browns pick at 4. so this comes down to if you think the giants would take darnold at 2 or one of the elite non qb's..... and if the browns are basing their decision on taking darnold off of that and maybe getting their pick of the litter at non-qb positions at 4 that's just silly. 

there's really no need for all this mystery. 

I never said they were BASING their pick off of that, I said they were waiting to reveal their pick so that they have more control and other teams have less reaction time.

3 hours ago, Magox said:

What would be the possible motive to have a smokescreen when you hold the #1 pick?

Doesn't make a whole lot of sense unless they believe they could get their QB at a later pick or that they have multiple QB's who are  rated about the same as their top choice.

Normally there would be no reason to create a smokescreen if you have the #1 pick and aren't going to pick again for another 32 picks.  When you have #1 and #4 I think you want to cause as much confusion and chaos at the top of the draft as you can.

I just hope the Browns don't go with Mayfield (if it's true that's who the Jets want). 

I just worry that if the Browns go Mayfield, the Giants go with Darnold and the Jets take Rosen. Then we are kinda screwed. 

I desperately want one one of Darnold or Rosen. 

NFL OC: Lamar Jackson 'Will Not Be Able to Play' QB at Pro Level

Tim Daniels-BR

An unnamed NFL offensive coordinator said University of Louisville quarterback Lamar Jackson won't stick at the position throughout his NFL career.

On Tuesday, Tom Pelissero of NFL.com passed along comments from coaches and scouts about the top QB prospects, and one was quick to shoot down Jackson's potential as a passer.

"He's an awesome athlete. He will not be able to play (quarterback) in this league—mark my words," the offensive coordinator said. "When he throws, he hopes."

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2772458-nfl-oc-lamar-jackson-will-not-be-able-to-play-qb-at-pro-level?utm_source=cnn.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=editorial

• Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

I never said they were BASING their pick off of that, I said they were waiting to reveal their pick so that they have more control and other teams have less reaction time.

fair enough... I don't care enough to continue.

3 hours ago, Magox said:

What would be the possible motive to have a smokescreen when you hold the #1 pick?

Doesn't make a whole lot of sense unless they believe they could get their QB at a later pick or that they have multiple QB's who are  rated about the same as their top choice.

Smokescreen per se, IDK

Possibilities I see:

1) Smokeout?  Give various people different info and see what turns up in the press? 

2) What you get at #4 depends upon Giants and Jets, so see what reaction you might shake loose from other teams with your story?

38 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

NFL OC: Lamar Jackson 'Will Not Be Able to Play' QB at Pro Level

Tim Daniels-BR

An unnamed NFL offensive coordinator said University of Louisville quarterback Lamar Jackson won't stick at the position throughout his NFL career.

On Tuesday, Tom Pelissero of NFL.com passed along comments from coaches and scouts about the top QB prospects, and one was quick to shoot down Jackson's potential as a passer.

"He's an awesome athlete. He will not be able to play (quarterback) in this league—mark my words," the offensive coordinator said. "When he throws, he hopes."

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2772458-nfl-oc-lamar-jackson-will-not-be-able-to-play-qb-at-pro-level?utm_source=cnn.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=editorial

How can anyone respect a guy who won’t put his name to this quote?  I think Polian is losing it but at least he didn’t hide.

honestly, the unnamed sources is the worst part of the draft process.  It’s embarrassing the way these cowards try to tear down 21 year old kids who have accomplished far more than they could imagine.

3 hours ago, H2o said:

Jackson running with the football? Absolutely amazing and fun to watch. Jackson throwing the football? Reminds me a lot of Tyrod with waiting for guys to be completely open in many instances. Those windows get tighter in the NFL. He also gets less accurate the further the ball travels down the field. I'm not big on Allen either for his inconsistencies and tendency to try to do too much. I don't really want either guy, but if I had to choose then Allen is the guy I roll with. 

Yeah, neither is my favorite qb (I’m a big Rosen guy) and they scare me for the Bills to draft given their development history.  Allen could well be a star but I’ve seen Jackson be a star.  I won’t put a big amount either way but I give the edge to Jackson if he can find a team that could use his strengths.

• Like (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

How can anyone respect a guy who won’t put his name to this quote?  I think Polian is losing it but at least he didn’t hide.

honestly, the unnamed sources is the worst part of the draft process.  It’s embarrassing the way these cowards try to tear down 21 year old kids who have accomplished far more than they could imagine.

Yeah, neither is my favorite qb (I’m a big Rosen guy) and they scare me for the Bills to draft given their development history.  Allen could well be a star but I’ve seen Jackson be a star.  I won’t put a big amount either way but I give the edge to Jackson if he can find a team that could use his strengths.

......that is the ONLY reason I posted it.......gets nauseating reading garbage from some of these urinalists typing while hiding under their desks.....think any of these cowards would EVER come back with mea culpas, apologizing that their "unnamed source" proved to be fake news?......I never get to see college ball because of work schedule, so I have never seen the Jackson kid play......thus, ANY opinion from me would be "fake news"....not my style...........

• Thank you (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

......that is the ONLY reason I posted it.......gets nauseating reading garbage from some of these urinalists typing while hiding under their desks.....think any of these cowards would EVER come back with mea culpas, apologizing that their "unnamed source" proved to be fake news?......I never get to see college ball because of work schedule, so I have never seen the Jackson kid play......thus, ANY opinion from me would be "fake news"....not my style...........

Oh, there was no offense at you.  But if you are going to say something, own it.  Say whatever you want as long as you put your name with it to be held accountable. Such a coward’s way.  The stuff that comes out about a lot of these kids is embarrassing. I would how they feel about people talking about their kids that way.

17 hours ago, LeGOATski said:

You said a whole lot without saying anything at all.

What has he done to improve? He's played pitch and catch. Ran a 40 and jumped in the air. He played a senior bowl and looked almost as good as EJ Manuel.

He also threw at a stationary target net that day....and missed it.

:lol:

Fine, you're not interested in facts. You see improvement and pretend it doesn't exist? Fine. Wanna play, "I ain't lookin' and if I don't look, it doesn't exist?" Fine.

But you're actively ignoring real evidence. He did improve, step by step, his accuracy.

Does that prove that he can do it in a game? No, but neither does absolutely anything else in the offseason. If you ignore that you should logically also ignore every single thing that happens between the last college game and the first real NFL game. None of it proves squat. And you're not going to do that any more than the rest of us are. 

The guy improved where plenty of people can't. It's been observable and commented on by everyone, including folks who still don't think he should be picked early.

Edited by Thurman#1

18 hours ago, Thurman#1 said:

Yeah, he's visibly improved. If you throw passes against air and you have improved at the Senior Bowl, and then you have further improved at the combine and then you have further improved at your pro day, that's improvement. Visible improvement. No, it's not proof that that will all stick. But yeah, it's a very good sign. Plenty of people never even make that improvement.

And that's just not true that big athletic guys are mocked higher every year. Sometimes they are and sometimes they aren't. Mike Vick was 6'0" and he was mocked and drafted #1. Dan Orlovsky was 6'5" and he was ranked behind the 6'4" Alex Smith and the 6'2" Aaron Rodgers. Sean Mannion was 6'6". Remind me, was he mocked above Winston and Mariota? Manziel was mocked higher than Carr, wasn't he?

Plenty of times the tall athletic guy IS mocked higher, and then proves to be better. It works both ways.

Hunh??? :huh:

Mike Vick was 6`0, but literally the most athletic QB in NFL history with arguably one of the strongest arms in NFL history.

Dan Orlovsky and Sean Mannion were tall, but weren't remotely athletic.

Manziel was athletic, but tiny.

Just stop. You must be dizzy.

Edited by transplantbillsfan

1 hour ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Hunh??? :huh:

Mike Vick was 6`0, but literally the most athletic QB in NFL history with arguably one of the strongest arms in NFL history.

Dan Orlovsky and Sean Mannion were tall, but weren't remotely athletic.

Manziel was athletic, but tiny.

Just stop. You must be dizzy.

As usual, you're the dizzy one. I'm replying to a post which said that every year big athletic guys are mocked high. Since in fact there are extremely few QBs (or humans) who are both big and athletic, and certainly you can't find one every year, I assumed he was talking about big guys, and athletic guys. 

Apparently this leap was beyond you.

And by the way, aren't you the guy who promised like ten days ago you wouldn't write to me unless I specifically addressed you? 

On ‎4‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 3:33 AM, transplantbillsfan said:

Makes sense, I will no longer say a single word to Thurm on this board unless he addresses me directly.

Good enough?

Jordan Palmer... I'm not saying you're the one glorifying him, necessarily.  I'm saying that bad NFL QBs seem to be the ones who end up being pundits, gurus, analysts, and experts.

Yup. It was you. Yet another example of saying one thing and then directly contradicting yourself if you ever feel like it. Gave your word. Then broke it in extremely short order.

Edited by Thurman#1