Beane giving sense that a trade prior to draft unlikely, all depends on who goes #1

11 minutes ago, teef said:

i think darnold going first is what sets off a wacky series of events.

Or Darnold doesn’t go first and all holy hell breaks out. I think either way some really crazy stuff is going to go down. 

2 minutes ago, horned dogs said:

Just heard Andrew Brandt on NFL radio he said Browns know who they're taking, he doesn't know himself. He worked with these guys for 9 years in GB and says they know.

Yeah he’s on Cleveland radio all the time, has good insight on Dorsey. He says he doesn’t give a !@#$ what anyone thinks - including coaching staff and fans - about his picks because that’s how they worked in GB. The reason he was canned in KC is because the coach got too involved and he couldn’t handle it. 

Edited by YoloinOhio

3 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Yeah he’s on Cleveland radio all the time, has good insight on Dorsey. He says he doesn’t give a !@#$ what anyone thinks - including coaching staff and fans - about his picks because that’s how they worked in GB. 

He also said it's people speculating and reading tea leaves and not them trying to smokescreen at 1. Also said that to create levity and reduce stress they used to look up media mocks and laugh at who they said they're taking.

Edited by horned dogs

None of this is a big deal imo. They likely have deals laid out based on a number of scenarios, with a number of different teams. That is why they did something like 5 mock drafts as a staff. Also, they are only going to give up draft capital for a guy they think is worth it. He has said this numerous times. Again. I know people disagree with me, but what the Jets did was dumb and short sighted. If they were really targeting Mayfield, maybe they could have gotten him at 4 or even 6. Beane is operating like a thoughtful GM, and I love it. I still think Darnold or Rosen are the guy, but who knows. I'm guessing they liked both, and know that they cannot get Darnold...either the Browns are taking him first, or the Giants are going to take him if the Browns pass. So I think they are trying to find a way to get Rosen. 

• Like (+1) 5

25 minutes ago, teef said:

i think darnold going first is what sets off a wacky series of events.

Yes. I’ve heard that Darnold is the only QB that the NYG like at 2 and that he’d be their pick if available. I’ve also heard that he won’t be. 

• Like (+1) 1

What scares me about this is, what player is the Giants waiting on?  If it’s a QB, we are screwed.  If it’s not, then they aren’t going to want to trade with us, and then still in trouble possibly. 

I’m not convinced the Broncos won’t take a QB if their guy slides and then...also screwed 

• Like (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, ganesh said:

But isn't Darnold going #1 the most expected outcome for the last several months?

you would think, but i suppose there's always some bizarre chance the browns take allen.  

24 minutes ago, Maynard said:

Or Darnold doesn’t go first and all holy hell breaks out. I think either way some really crazy stuff is going to go down. 

it's definitely going to be one of the more interesting drafts in a very long time. (good or bad)

10 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I think what will send a wacky series of events is if the Browns take Darnold #1 and then we trade up to #4 and take Darnold.  People would be so confused.

but it could lead to some sort of thunderdome scenario between the browns and bills gm.  that would be fairly entertaining.

2 minutes ago, teef said:

but it could lead to some sort of thunderdome scenario between the browns and bills gm.  that would be fairly entertaining.

Do you think Beane could take Dorsey in a cage match?  I wouldn't be too confident but I think he has better cardio that Dorsey so if he can just get him to tire himself out....

A chess match....yes.  Beane would check mate Dorsey in 15 moves.