We May Need to Resign Ourselves to Allen at 5

3 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

Point me to anything based in reality that suggests your 'what if' is remotely plausible.

Denver may be looking for their next QB and is afraid Buffalo, Arizona, Miami etc ... may be looking to move ahead of them ...

1 minute ago, PastorMKC said:

Denver may be looking for their next QB and is afraid Buffalo, Arizona, Miami etc ... may be looking to move ahead of them ...

So your own speculation? Nothing concrete whatsoever? Not even a tweet?

Edited by BuffaloHokie13

I fear the Browns will go Allen or Mayfield at #1. This would greatly screw us because then the Giants will go QB (Darnold) and then 3 of top 4 QBs would be gone before Bills even got a fair shake at any of them.

We are boxed out of top 3 picks, so we NEED a non QB to be selected at #2 overall. Think about it. Darnold going #1 actually helps us. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, FeelingOnYouboty said:

We have watched him tf? 

And on another note where are these Cam Newton comparisons coming from? Allen is a really good athlete but not the freak that Cam is/was and Newton dominated the best conference in college and led his team to a National Title. Josh Allen has looked poor v Mountain West teams

Allen isn't the runner that Cam is but he can still be a good read option guy. Beyond that, he has roughly the same physical build, same ability to shake off tackles, similar arm strength (though Allen's is better), similar issues with footwork, and similar ability to make throws with velocity without stepping into the pass.

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Jay_Fixit said:

I think the good news is this...

If the Bills are to choose one of Darnold, Mayfield, Rosen or Allen, there’s a 75% chance the Bills don’t select Allen.

So there’s that.

So the main issue with Allen is completion % 

because all I’ve been hearing is that it will NOT improve in the NFL , correct me if I’m wrong it’s somewhere between 56% - 57 % , was there ever a QB drafted with the same completion % that had success in the NFL ? 

Can someone check what was Dan Marino completion % when he got drafted ? 

Thank you !

50 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

Allen isn't the runner that Cam is but he can still be a good read option guy. Beyond that, he has roughly the same physical build, same ability to shake off tackles, similar arm strength (though Allen's is better), similar issues with footwork, and similar ability to make throws with velocity without stepping into the pass.

Allen didn't do read option.

2 minutes ago, maryland-bills-fan said:

Josh Allen ran quite a bit of RPO in 2017 at Wyoming.

Additionally, they ran zone-read style concepts routinely.

Serious question: did you watch him?  Because these are items that anyone that watched a few of his games would know beyond doubt.

• Like (+1) 1

Charles Davis and Troy Aikman were both just on "The Rich Eisen Show" within the last hour and both- when pressed- agreed that Allen has the highest bust potential, both citing accuracy concerns (not just in general- and not purely encapsulated in completion percentage- but even on throws near the line of scrimmage).

I'm not mentioning that because I particularly care how Aikman and Davis feel about it, only to repudiate the thought that only "draft twitter" or misinformed NFL fanbases believe Allen has to improve his accuracy.  Even Allen has conceded that much.

Like I've written within this thread, I've approached Allen with a fairly open mind and a result I can certainly see a pathway for success- and I can get on board with what so many like out of him.  And I actually wouldn't hate a trade up for him, even if I wouldn't like it.  But we can't pretend the accuracy concerns are totally fabricated and represent a misplaced criticism/concern.

44 minutes ago, maryland-bills-fan said:

He absolutely did. Roughly 3-5 times per game and that's not even counting RPOs and other QB Keepers that they ran.

Edited by DCOrange