Elway Open to a Deal for the #5 Pick; Broncos' Board Finalized Later Today

30 minutes ago, 2003Contenders said:

Albright's "Let's just say there are things that the public is unaware of" (assuming he knows what he is talking about) makes me wonder if Rosen is possibly off the Bills' draft board as well. 

If he thought that I don't think he'd have us trading up for Rosen. :)

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, zonabb said:

Hardly shocking that in a league full of antiquated "thinkers" and jockstraps that teams would be threatened by a guy with intelligence and an opinion. I'd take Rosen all day. Embrace his intelligence and inquisitive nature, not criticize it. 

Did you ever notice how character has become the new BS pit for just about anything needed to create a narrative? Character flaws ranging from anything to not liking Trump or getting wasted at the High School Prom all the way to sex trafficking and being an axe murderer.

33 minutes ago, horned dogs said:

Did you ever notice how character has become the new BS pit for just about anything needed to create a narrative? Character flaws ranging from anything to not liking Trump or getting wasted at the High School Prom all the way to sex trafficking and being an axe murderer.

Better to go the way of Westworld and remove the individual element all together.   Wouldn't surprise me if the NFL isn't  already working on it to some degree deep in their secret underground bunker...

Tell Your GM to Trade the Pick to the Bills.

Harris Does Not Want Broncos to Select QB at No. 5

"Someone who's going to come in and play," Harris told reporters Tuesday, per The Athletic's Nicki Jhabvala. "We need someone who's going to come in and play now, so whether that be [Saquon] Barkley, [Bradley] Chubb ... the guard from Notre Dame [Quenton Nelson]. One of those three guys. We know those guys can come in and play right now. Not a quarterback right now, I wouldn't say. We're trying to win now, man. We don't have time to wait."

I've been keeping an eye on the Bronco's Boards.

Here is something interesting on Elway's thinking.

Eric Goodman is the Denver Sports Radio guy.

FWIW.

According to Mile High Sports radio’s Eric Goodman, the Broncos have narrowed down their first-round options to quarterbacks Sam Darnold and Baker Mayfield, and defensive end Bradley Chubb. If neither of the three is there, they would strongly look into trading down.

Nothing here is breaking news, but more of what we have been hearing for the past few weeks. The Broncos have narrowed down their quarterback choices to USC’s Sam Darnold who they held a private workout with and with Oklahoma’s Baker Mayfield. If either of them is there at the 5th overall pick, the Broncos will have their new quarterback of the future. I’d imagine Darnold would be ahead of Mayfield on their board

The same goes for North Carolina’s State pass rusher Bradley Chubb. General Manager John Elway values pass rushers highly and would love to take the top defensive/pass rushing prospect in the draft if he could. I’d imagine Chubb would be behind Darnold and Mayfield in the pecking order, but he obviously is their top-rated non-quarterback in their draft.

Here is the problem, neither of the three is expected to be available at the 5th overall prospect. Darnold could be the top overall pick, Mayfield to the Jets has been rumored for weeks, and Chubb would not make it past Cleveland at the 4th overall pick. This leaves the Broncos in prime trade back territory.

Wyoming’s Josh Allen and UCLA’s Josh Rosen could be available at 5 with a slew of teams behind them itching to move up for a quarterback. Those teams include the Buffalo Bills, the Arizona Cardinals, Miami Dolphins, and potentially the New England Patriots.

According to 9NEWS Denver’s Mike Klis, three of those four teams have already called the Broncos about potentially trading up with them.

The Miami Dolphins, who have the No. 11 pick, have called. The Buffalo Bills, who have the No. 12 selection, have checked in. The Arizona Cardinals, who have the No. 15 pick, have phoned. All three teams need a quarterback and they know the Broncos, with their No. 5 draft selection, may well be in a position to have the last of the Big 4 quarterbacks available.
I would narrow down this list to the Buffalo Bills who currently have A.J. McCarron as their starting quarterback and the Arizona Cardinals who currently have oft-injured Sam Bradford as their starting quarterback. Neither McCarron or Bradford are the long-term(or potentially short-term answer) so these two teams will be desperate to get their quarterback if they can.

The Bills have a bunch of draft capital to offer the Broncos(two 1’s, two 2’s, and two 3’s) and are my clubhouse leaders in any potential trade up scenario. Especially if Wyoming’s Josh Allen who is available who the Bills reportedly love. The Cardinals do not have a ton of 2018 draft capital, however, they can offer a 2019 first-round pick that could very easily be a top-three pick in the 2019 NFL Draft. So either way, the Broncos can get a bunch in return from either team if they decide to go that route.

So to finish things up, it is either quarterback Sam Darnold, quarterback Baker Mayfield, defensive end Bradley Chubb, or getting a haul in a potential trade back.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, ColoradoBills said:

I've been keeping an eye on the Bronco's Boards.

Here is something interesting on Elway's thinking.

Eric Goodman is the Denver Sports Radio guy.

FWIW.

According to Mile High Sports radio’s Eric Goodman, the Broncos have narrowed down their first-round options to quarterbacks Sam Darnold and Baker Mayfield, and defensive end Bradley Chubb. If neither of the three is there, they would strongly look into trading down.

Nothing here is breaking news, but more of what we have been hearing for the past few weeks. The Broncos have narrowed down their quarterback choices to USC’s Sam Darnold who they held a private workout with and with Oklahoma’s Baker Mayfield. If either of them is there at the 5th overall pick, the Broncos will have their new quarterback of the future. I’d imagine Darnold would be ahead of Mayfield on their board

The same goes for North Carolina’s State pass rusher Bradley Chubb. General Manager John Elway values pass rushers highly and would love to take the top defensive/pass rushing prospect in the draft if he could. I’d imagine Chubb would be behind Darnold and Mayfield in the pecking order, but he obviously is their top-rated non-quarterback in their draft.

Here is the problem, neither of the three is expected to be available at the 5th overall prospect. Darnold could be the top overall pick, Mayfield to the Jets has been rumored for weeks, and Chubb would not make it past Cleveland at the 4th overall pick. This leaves the Broncos in prime trade back territory.

Wyoming’s Josh Allen and UCLA’s Josh Rosen could be available at 5 with a slew of teams behind them itching to move up for a quarterback. Those teams include the Buffalo Bills, the Arizona Cardinals, Miami Dolphins, and potentially the New England Patriots.

According to 9NEWS Denver’s Mike Klis, three of those four teams have already called the Broncos about potentially trading up with them.

The Miami Dolphins, who have the No. 11 pick, have called. The Buffalo Bills, who have the No. 12 selection, have checked in. The Arizona Cardinals, who have the No. 15 pick, have phoned. All three teams need a quarterback and they know the Broncos, with their No. 5 draft selection, may well be in a position to have the last of the Big 4 quarterbacks available.
I would narrow down this list to the Buffalo Bills who currently have A.J. McCarron as their starting quarterback and the Arizona Cardinals who currently have oft-injured Sam Bradford as their starting quarterback. Neither McCarron or Bradford are the long-term(or potentially short-term answer) so these two teams will be desperate to get their quarterback if they can.

The Bills have a bunch of draft capital to offer the Broncos(two 1’s, two 2’s, and two 3’s) and are my clubhouse leaders in any potential trade up scenario. Especially if Wyoming’s Josh Allen who is available who the Bills reportedly love. The Cardinals do not have a ton of 2018 draft capital, however, they can offer a 2019 first-round pick that could very easily be a top-three pick in the 2019 NFL Draft. So either way, the Broncos can get a bunch in return from either team if they decide to go that route.

So to finish things up, it is either quarterback Sam Darnold, quarterback Baker Mayfield, defensive end Bradley Chubb, or getting a haul in a potential trade back.

There's a very good chance that all three are gone by then.  Thanks for the news. 

20 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

There's a very good chance that all three are gone by then.  Thanks for the news. 

19 minutes ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

Easily all three gone. Easy. 

The "reasonable" fans discussing trade think the Bill's are the partner to work with.

Most think it will take more than #12 and #22, like a 3rd or a swap of a 2nd for a 3rd.

• Like (+1) 1

I thought there was no way Denver was taking a QB at 5? Now 2 of their top 3 rated prospects are QBs? What if it goes Darnold, Barkley, Rosen, Chubb, Mayfield in the top 5? Brutal. We're going to end up with Allen or Rudolph aren't we? :(

Edited by Awwufelloff

Just now, Awwufelloff said:

I thought there was no way Denver was taking a QB at 5? Now 2 of their top 3 rated prospects are QBs? What if it goes Darnold, Barkley, Rosen, Chubb, Mayfield in the top 5? Brutal. 

You don't think the Jets will take Mayfield?

1 minute ago, Awwufelloff said:

I thought there was no way Denver was taking a QB at 5? Now 2 of their top 3 rated prospects are QBs? What if it goes Darnold, Barkley, Rosen, Chubb, Mayfield in the top 5? Brutal. We're going to end up with Allen or Rudolph aren't we? :(

You better hope Jets take Mayfield or we are able to trade to 4 otherwise yes we will end up with Allen

2 minutes ago, Awwufelloff said:

Nope, I think they take the best QB in the draft which is Rosen. Mayfield reminds them too much of Sanchez. 

Mayfield has 4 years of high production in college,  Sanchez had 1 in college..No comparison

3 minutes ago, Awwufelloff said:

Doesn't matter their styles are similar. They go for the best QB in Rosen. Why wouldn't they? 

I agree with you on Rosen being a better pick but not on the Sanchez comparison he is way more than Sanchez ever was.