Rosen/Mayfield and Evans/Vander Esch in round 1

Sub Vander Esch for another defensive front 7  player and I am all aboard that train. His injury concerns worry me and I would rather pass on that in the first round

Not to mention, one year of production, and to me plays kind of soft....more like a "tackle a few yards down the field" type guy. 

Edited by PaattMaann

10 minutes ago, Bobby Hooks said:

If that happened I’d get a stack of dollar bills and make it rain on poor people. 

Id join you. I want LVE the mans a beast 

Edited by Wsam4031

2 minutes ago, PaattMaann said:

Sub Vander Esch for another defensive front 7  player and I am all aboard that train. His injury concerns worry me and I would rather pass on that in the first round

Not to mention, one year of production, and to me plays kind of soft....more like a "tackle a few yards down the field" type guy. 

If he's cleared then draft him. 

Just now, TheTruthHurts said:

If he's cleared then draft him. 

ehhh, maybe. Gotta think there is better talent out there at pick 22 than an average LB with sub par college production. He had a helluva year last year, year before that he wasn't a starter and missed half the year to injury. Could he develop? Absolutely, but I would rather take my chances with Evans, Payne, Landry, Hurst, Alexander on the D side....or take your WR there (Chark, Moore), or even G (hernandez). Vander Esch just has a lot of question marks for me personally...

Getting Rosen/Mayfield without losing 22 is pure gold though if it happens...

Honestly thinking more about who we have brought in, this makes sense.  I initially was set on us getting to two but the more I think about it,it maybe the Colts at 6 and maybe we give up a 2nd and 4th or something.  

Because we seemed to have bringin a lot of first round talent that should be around in the later first particularly LBs/CB/WRs

4 minutes ago, PaattMaann said:

ehhh, maybe. Gotta think there is better talent out there at pick 22 than an average LB with sub par college production. He had a helluva year last year, year before that he wasn't a starter and missed half the year to injury. Could he develop? Absolutely, but I would rather take my chances with Evans, Payne, Landry, Hurst, Alexander on the D side....or take your WR there (Chark, Moore), or even G (hernandez). Vander Esch just has a lot of question marks for me personally...

Getting Rosen/Mayfield without losing 22 is pure gold though if it happens...

He played 8 on 8 football in high school. Spent half his time playing QB. Walked onto Boise St. and within two years was wrecking games. I'd rather take the guy with upside than another Bama guy who has been groomed from the womb and is most likely capped out as a player.

Just now, Commonsense said:

He played 8 on 8 football in high school. Spent half his time playing QB. Walked onto Boise St. and within two years was wrecking games. I'd rather take the guy with upside than another Bama guy who has been groomed from the womb and is most likely capped out as a player.

This group seems to like long term starters more than one year guys. Tre white as example

Just now, Commonsense said:

Would take Evans capped over the "potential" of future Paul Poz the 2nd

Exactly which teams did Vander Esch "wreck" that impressed you? Troy? New Mexico? Virginia? Utah State? Air Force? Fresno State? GTFO, wrecked games against high schoolers 

1 minute ago, aristocrat said:

This group seems to like long term starters more than one year guys. Tre white as example

This is why I am not overly worried they pull the trigger on this dude

Just now, aristocrat said:

They do and there is nothing wrong with it. A player like VDE took a different path than most and I'm glad they brought him in for a look. I will trust their decision on it, I just don't think it's a spot where playing it safe is the only choice. 

2 minutes ago, PaattMaann said:

Would take Evans capped over the "potential" of future Paul Poz the 2nd

Exactly which teams did Vander Esch "wreck" that impressed you? Troy? New Mexico? Virginia? Utah State? Air Force? Fresno State? GTFO, wrecked games against high schoolers 

This is why I am not overly worried they pull the trigger on this dude

Oh maybe you missed the bowl game against the Oregon Ducks? Ever heard of em? Best game for an off the ball linebacker in 5 years? Was that the quote from Mayock?

GTFO? Have a coffee and calm yourself down champ.

3 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

They do and there is nothing wrong with it. A player like VDE took a different path than most and I'm glad they brought him in for a look. I will trust their decision on it, I just don't think it's a spot where playing it safe is the only choice. 

Oh maybe you missed the bowl game against the Oregon Ducks? Ever heard of em? Best game for an off the ball linebacker in 5 years? Was that the quote from Mayock?

GTFO? Have a coffee and calm yourself down champ.

One solid game a difference making LB does not make

Looked real good in that game, against Oregon...not exactly a super power, definitely their best competition in his time at Boise State so nice to see him play well against something slightly better than a high schooler. Could care less what a pundit has to say about one game from a player though, nice to see you riding Mayock's jock though, good to have idols. 

Already had several cups of coffee and am very calm, just want nothing to do with Vander Esch unless its in like the third round. Would hate to pass on blue chip prospects for a hope and a dream. 

I'd pass on Evans and Vander, take Darius Leonard in round 2.  Will Hernandez at G to me or DJ Moore at WR would be a better pick at 22.  Vander Esch, I like his athleticism, but he has some issues that he better correct right away if he wants to play in this league very long.  As I pointed out two or three weeks ago, Vander Esch CAN be a nightmare when he's on the move at the snap and when blockers cannot get to him.  This is exactly why he shined vs Oregon.  Boise blitzed him a lot.  But when you look at Wyoming, UVA for example, he wasn't nearly as impactful.  He does not do well with traffic and he needs to be more violent with his hands.  He's a growing player though and that's where the rub comes in.  Teach him a few things and he gets those down he can be a pro bowler perhaps.

I could see Evans as a Sam linebacker though.  He has experience on the edge and he has violent hands to deal with blockers.  He adds some value as a pass rusher.  I just think guys like Leonard, Warner, O'Daniel are equally athletic to these two guys and can be had between 2-4.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, PaattMaann said:

One solid game a difference making LB does not make

Looked real good in that game, against Oregon...not exactly a super power, definitely their best competition in his time at Boise State so nice to see him play well against something slightly better than a high schooler. Could care less what a pundit has to say about one game from a player though, nice to see you riding Mayock's jock though, good to have idols. 

Already had several cups of coffee and am very calm, just want nothing to do with Vander Esch unless its in like the third round. Would hate to pass on blue chip prospects for a hope and a dream. 

I will make a mental note of this conversation and we can revisit it in due time. You compared him to Paul P. which is an absolute travesty. Poz was 3 inches shorter and twenty pounds lighter and tested slower and less explosive in every single category than VDE. I don't see how they are comparable.

• Like (+1) 2

I would prefer Vontae Mack at linebacker. Dude is a stud. The only decent play Bo Callahan had against him was when he wasn't on the field! My only concern is that Cleveland is going into the draft with the mindset of "Vontae Mack no matter what." I wouldn't be shocked if Cleveland took him number 1 overall.

Edited by ducej11
  • Haha (+1) 1

On 4/19/2018 at 7:48 AM, PaattMaann said:

Wish I knew what our medical evaluation found. I'm suspicious of this report leaking so close to the draft. Somebody wants him to fall.