Breer's New Mock

3 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

9. BILLS (VIA 49ERS): JOSH ROSEN, QB, UCLA
Brandon Beane is looking at all options to deal up. This one won’t require giving up both his 1s .

22. BILLS: JAMES DANIELS, G/C, IOWA
The payoff for being patient in trading up is a guy who could be a 10-year cornerstone at one of two positions of need.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Breer is very well-connected, his mocks are pretty good:

https://www.si.com/nfl/2018/04/17/nfl-mock-draft-josh-allen-browns-saquon-barkley-giants-sam-darnold-jets

Personally I don't see the Bills passing on Rashaan Evans at 22 in order to take a C/G, especially since this draft is deep wrt interior linemen.

Agreed re: Breer.

As to Evans and depth of the class, remember that they took Tre White at 27 last year despite the 2017 class being historically deep at corner, so you never know.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Breer is very well-connected, his mocks are pretty good:

https://www.si.com/nfl/2018/04/17/nfl-mock-draft-josh-allen-browns-saquon-barkley-giants-sam-darnold-jets

Personally I don't see the Bills passing on Rashaan Evans at 22 in order to take a C/G, especially since this draft is deep wrt interior linemen.

I got to tell you, CT, I maybe have had my fill of Bama guys for awhile.

1 minute ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

I got to tell you, CT, I maybe have had my fill of Bama guys for awhile.

If NYC Bill reads your post you are in trouble. If you get a letter in the mail and a wire is sticking out don't open it. :D

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

As to Evans and depth of the class, remember that they took Tre White at 27 last year despite the 2017 class being historically deep at corner, so you never know.

McD knows DBs.    I could see him thinking he could turn a mid-round CB or S prospect into an immediate contributor and use the early picks to snag desperately-needed OL help...

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

If as many are predicting the Bills see that Rosen is sliding I don't think they will risk losing him. I think they'll start with Denver and move down and see which team is willing to deal with them. Right now I'm leaning toward the Colts with the Bills giving up both their of their first round picks to guarantee that they can get him without worrying about someone else surprisingly jumping up. We can get our qb of the future and still have a full draft.

If that scenario should play out Thurmanator will from that point on live a tormented life. :D

Just now, JohnC said:

If as many are predicting the Bills see that Rosen is sliding I don't think they will risk losing him. I think they'll start with Denver and move down and see which team is willing to deal with them. Right now I'm leaning toward the Colts with the Bills giving up both their of their first round picks to guarantee that they can get him without worrying about someone else surprisingly jumping up. We can get our qb of the future and still have a full draft.

If that scenario should play out Thurmanator will from that point on live a tormented life. :D

They should be aggressive in making that move to get him if it plays out the right way. I'd be thrilled. 

6 minutes ago, JohnC said:

Imagine the entertainment value of this. 

On the one hand, I'd really rather see the Bills take a Mike Linebacker at 22 than a center. We get our quarterback for the offense, we need our quarterback for the defense. We could still potentially get Ragnow or Price in the 2nd round.

On the other hand, if they get Josh Rosen, I really couldn't fault them at all for pairing him with a blue chip center prospect. Arguably THE top priority once you get a franchise QB is to keep him upright and healthy and to ensure you don't retard his development with shoddy o-line play....even if it means your defense stinks for a year.

Either way, landing Rosen would make the draft a success almost regardless of who else gets picked.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

One of my favorite movies.

I do love The Professional, Ktulu.  However, and I know this may sound funny and I hope this makes sense...I wish (and it could have easily been with some different choices) it could have been a 10-15% better movie.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts