Trade Rumors? (only Rumors)

13 minutes ago, PIZ said:

I hope you're right.

Even if not Darnold, there is still a very good chance at 4 down that Allen or Mayfield or Rosen will be there and Buffalo is clearly trying to trade up. They have the ammo and have the desire. Teams like Denver and Indy apparently would like to trade down.

The Avenue is there for the Bills to get one of the top four.

13 minutes ago, kdiggz said:

Daniel Jeremiah is on tomorrow's show. I wonder if Rich asks him about it. He was the first one to tweet about the rumor and Bucky joined in. It makes sense for all teams if you can truly trust each other and work together on this. Everybody wins. It's a crazy trade but it's also a unique situation where 2 of the GM's worked together every day for 4 yrs and the other GM has already participated in 2 big trades with the Bills in the past year

Can we call this a "sub rumor" or perhaps crap since no specifics on anything have been offered?  If anything at all happens at the top of the draft these morons can simply say they told us so.  It is as lame as can be.

I've heard a rumor about future political turmoil, a famous person having a salacious affair and a terrorist attack looming in a big city.  If one of those things happen can I be considered a world renowned expert?

8 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

Can we call this a "sub rumor" or perhaps crap since no specifics on anything have been offered?  If anything at all happens at the top of the draft these morons can simply say they told us so.  It is as lame as can be.

I've heard a rumor about future political turmoil, a famous person having a salacious affair and a terrorist attack looming in a big city.  If one of those things happen can I be considered a world renowned expert?

I could see your point if these guys weren't alluding to a major shake up.

If one pick gets traded, it's not going to lend it self to a "I told you so situation."

They are discussing a blockbuster like we have only seen in leagues like the NBA.

Again, kind of hard to say I told you so if nothing of that magnitude surfaces.

Edited by BillsFan17

Just now, BillsFan17 said:

I could see your point if these guys were alluding to a major shake up.

If one pick gets traded, it's not going to lend it self to a "I told you so situation."

They are discussing s blockbuster like we have only seen in leagues like the NBA.

I think that's the point of this excitement. This isn't the normal "I think XXX is going to trade up," this is talk of a "HISTORICAL trade up." Frankly, I don't think there could be this much smoke without a little fire somewhere. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, BillsEnthusiast said:

I think that's the point of this excitement. This isn't the normal "I think XXX is going to trade up," this is talk of a "HISTORICAL trade up." Frankly, I don't think there could be this much smoke without a little fire somewhere. 

That is why I have been reluctant to just dismiss this as a grasping at straws attempt to have that "I told you so moment."

Moreover in a day in age where absolutely everything gets leaked to social media, if you are going to dangle something of that magnitude, you really pigeon hole you self on what you can and cant take credit for.

Now, I'm not saying it will happen one way or the other.

I mean, not for nothing, it could be all agreed on in principle and one team can get cold feet at the last minute and back out. 

There is so much here going on, one has to believe there will be a lot of fun come draft night.

4 minutes ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

Seriously, if anyone could pull this off, it is Brandon Beane.  The guy is a borderline genius and has ice running through his veins.  We are lucky to have them.  There you go, pulling me back in.

They aren't held accountable for acting like they know something and trying to be part of the inside crew. 

Eric Wood retired. By the time it was announced we had reporters telling us that this news was so big it was going to change the outlook for the 18' season.

During FA a handful of reporters did the same thing with the Bills. Hinting at some blockbuster trade or signing and the Bills sat silently and ended up with AJ.

These guys don't want to be left out so they put their own individual spin on a rumor so they can say "told yah" if anything does happen.

One of those 5th graders could tell you that with all the picks Beane accumulated and his lack of interest in the bigger FA QBs he is going to make a big move to draft one.

Edited by Commonsense

50 minutes ago, cle23 said:

You are crazy. I'll take Garrett and Chubb for 5 years and deal with contracts then. Bookend franchise pass rushers for 5 years is a great problem to have.

No one trades much for a 30 year old RB, let alone a top 4 pick.

I wouldn’t take Chubb in the top 5. He’s a 1st rd talent, but he’s only getting pushed up that high into the elite section because it’s such a thin draft for pass rushers. He would be about 5th best at his position in next year’s draft. I can’t imagine a decent FO essentially spending 3-4 high picks on him by declining a trade down from 4. They desperately need a corner anyway... take Minkah.

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I wouldn’t take Chubb in the top 5. He’s a 1st rd talent, but he’s only getting pushed up that high into the elite section because it’s such a thin draft for pass rushers. He would be about 5th best at his position in next year’s draft. I can’t imagine a decent FO essentially spending 3-4 high picks on him by declining a trade down from 4. They desperately need a corner anyway... take Minkah.

IMHO this whole trade scenario up top really boils down to how much the Browns value Chubb...The Giants part, assuming they really want Barkley, would be a no-brainer...They get something for nothing...

Plus Cleveland could conceivably get right back up to 5 or 6 and grab Chubb anyway if they really wanted him that bad...And they'd still have plenty of premium picks left...

Anyway...To me that would be the key...Cleveland moves out of 4 they probably lose Chubb...If they don't mind that...well... this thing becomes really possible...Even logical...B-)

Edited by KOKBILLS

Let's not all forget that even if something doesn't happen, it may have been discussed. 

The point of this thread (before some beautiful spiraling) was that some decently reliable sources were saying that there was something huge going around the watercooler. End of the day, it very well may stay there. 

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Let's not all forget that even if something doesn't happen, it may have been discussed. 

The point of this thread (before some beautiful spiraling) was that some decently reliable sources were saying that there was something huge going around the watercooler. End of the day, it very well may stay there. 

1 hour ago, The 9 Isles said:

58 minutes ago, kdiggz said:

Not sure if this was posted yet but check the comments. A lot of people in the know making fun of us.

They can make fun all they want. We are enjoying meaningful draft speculation. Some of us aren't beat down so bad that we can't enjoy some speculation.

Edited by What a Tuel
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, kdiggz said:

Not sure if this was posted yet but check the comments. A lot of people in the know making fun of us.

Why mention Buffalo? None of the legit media discussing a trade have mentioned the Bills, or any other team for that matter specifically.

8 hours ago, BillsFan17 said:

I could see your point if these guys weren't alluding to a major shake up.

They are discussing a blockbuster like we have only seen in leagues like the NBA.

If a big two team trade happens....any two teams with one of them being top 5.....all these doofusses have to say is that the larger crazier deal almost happened but fell through.  

IMO this crap doesn't even rise to the level of rumor.  They have to give at least one specific thing.

That said I heard a rumor that a Hollywood star will soon bet getting a divorce and it will be shocking.

Edited by 4merper4mer

24 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

If a big two team trade happens....any two teams with one of them being top 5.....all these doofusses have to say is that the larger crazier deal almost happened but fell through.  

IMO this crap doesn't even rise to the level of rumor.  They have to give at least one specific thing.

That said I heard a rumor that a Hollywood star will soon bet getting a divorce and it will be shocking.

BREAKING: Sources confirm there will be some big news today. Seismic news in fact. Details still being hammered out but this news will be unlike anything we’ve heard before.