Jeremiah and Brooks: Josh Rosen Could Slide; Colts Looking to Trade

6 hours ago, Pete said:

That 2014 team was the best since 99 IMO.  That team was built to win and was playing great by year end.  Too bad we hired Rex and didn't keep all the talent together.  Doug stocked the shelves with truffles and fois gras galore, but Rex burned the meal and nearly burned down the restaurant.  !@#$ Rex.  Doug got mother!@#$ed by Rex

Well, Doug hired Rex, so it's his responsibility in the long run. And don't give me that Whaley was overruled by the Pegulas. They were still young and inexperienced. If he'd taken them aside and told them he couldn't work with Rex and that Rex wasn't going to be able to work with the defensive personnel there as he said, they'd almost certainly have listened to him. He was their guy at that time.

And as I've pointed out many times, the starters on that defense were virtually all Nix guys, with a couple pre-Nix. The Whaley guys were non-entities ... Preston Brown and Brandon Spikes if I remember correctly. If that's your idea of truffles and fois gras, you're not hired as my personal shopper.

Edited by Thurman#1

10 minutes ago, Thurman#1 said:

Well, Doug hired Rex, so it's his responsibility in the long run. And don't give me that Whaley was overruled by the Pegulas. They were still young and inexperienced. If he'd taken them aside and told them he couldn't work with Rex and that Rex wasn't going to be able to work with the defensive personnel there as he said, they'd almost certainly have listened to him. He was their guy at that time.

And as I've pointed out many times, the starters on that defense were virtually all Nix guys, with a couple pre-Nix. The Whaley guys were non-entities ... Preston Brown and Brandon Spikes if I remember correctly. If that's your idea of truffles and fois gras, you're not hired as my personal shopper.

The Pegulas hired Rex. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Pete said:

That 2014 team was the best since 99 IMO.  That team was built to win and was playing great by year end.  Too bad we hired Rex and didn't keep all the talent together.  Doug stocked the shelves with truffles and fois gras galore, but Rex burned the meal and nearly burned down the restaurant.  !@#$ Rex.  Doug got mother!@#$ed by Rex

2004 says hello.

No reason we should have lost that season finale against Pitt; we were primed to go 10-6, great offense and good enough defense. Like him or not, Drew was a franchise type QB. Great special teams play. Fans forget that team averaged nearly 40 points a game on that five game stretch towards the end. 

I think it was the most well rounded team since Jim Kelly was the QB. 

1 hour ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Good point. I feel like McDermott and Beane are more of the forward thinking variety. At least I hope that is the case. They have a really good mix of old school and new school on both the coaching staffs and scouting staffs. I still think they want Darnold or Rosen, but that could simply be my hope. Perhaps all this stuff about Rosen is being put out there by the Bills so they can grab him in that 7-10 range. Maybe they realized they can't trade up, so the best they could do is try to get their guy to slide. Can't wait to see how it all plays out. 

1 hour ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

I have a hard time not seeing teams copy the KC models.  Ones with a mid-later 1st and comfortable about their playoff standings giving up 2 1sts for Rosen.  I have a hard time believing he'll slide that far.  Cardinals / Saints / Chargers / Steelers / Pats could all be reasonable teams to move up and get him. 

Edited by Chuck Wagon

Trade 12 / 53 / 96 (1,686 points) for #6 (1,600 points).  Take Rosen

Trade 22 / 56 / 65 (1,385 points) for one of 8/9/10 (1,400 - 1,300 points).  Take one of Roquan / Fitzpatrick / Edmonds / James.

Profit.

Edited by Chuck Wagon

1 minute ago, Chuck Wagon said:

Trade 12 / 53 / 96 (1,686 points) for #6 (1,600 points).  Take Rosen

Trade 22 / 56 / 65 (1,385 points) for 8/9/10.  Take one of Roquan / Fitzpatrick / Edmonds / James.

Profit.

If we end up with Rosen and Roquan, I'm going out and buying a lottery ticket.

3 hours ago, Thurman#1 said:

Well, Doug hired Rex, so it's his responsibility in the long run. And don't give me that Whaley was overruled by the Pegulas

Doug did not hire Rex. Terry did. That much was very obvious

1 minute ago, FeelingOnYouboty said:

We really traded away a generational QB prospect in Mahomes and now we're waffling on taking a QB and or going to draft to Josh Allen.

We did? Mahomes wouldn't even be a top 10 pick in this draft

2 hours ago, Tyrod's friend said:

2004 says hello.

No reason we should have lost that season finale against Pitt; we were primed to go 10-6, great offense and good enough defense. Like him or not, Drew was a franchise type QB. Great special teams play. Fans forget that team averaged nearly 40 points a game on that five game stretch towards the end. 

I think it was the most well rounded team since Jim Kelly was the QB. 

Drew was not the franchise type QB, and he set this team back.  He had one good year with us. Other than that I remember a statue that once threw the ball out of bounds on 4th and 10 to stop the clock

Just now, FeelingOnYouboty said:

We really traded away a generational QB prospect in Mahomes and now we're waffling on taking a QB and or going to draft to Josh Allen.

Generational QB prospect? 

So in other words, he's a once in a generation QB and better than Luck, Wentz, Wilson,  Newton, Stafford, Matt Ryan, or any other QB who has come out in the past 10 (ish) years...? 

He hasnt even played a single season in the NFL yet, and by all accounts he wouldn't even be one of the top 4 QBs this year. 

He also wasn't graded among the top 10 QBs in the past 3 drafts.