Should The Bills Let Richie Incognito Out Of His Contract

24 minutes ago, hemma said:

If I did a good job at work + my employer was rich, then it told me I'd need to take a pay cut or be fired, I'd be so grateful, so happy.

You might even say go ahead and fire me instead of signing on at the lower pay for an exclusive rights contract with a very strict non compete clause. 

2 minutes ago, Gugny said:

This is the second player in two years who's signed a contract and didn't really want to play for the Bills.

Does this happen often with other teams?

I think AB situation differs greatly from RI. One signed brand new that had a change of heart. RI gets a sharp stick in the eye for being one of the best guards in the league.

Nope. I get it. He probably feels like he has a year or two at the most left and could probably get a really nice contract from a team that is in win now mode. 

I wouldnt for the plain and and simple fact he’d probably go directly to the Pats. For that reason alone I wouldn’t. 

2 minutes ago, BuffaloMatt said:

I think AB situation differs greatly from RI. One signed brand new that had a change of heart. RI gets a sharp stick in the eye for being one of the best guards in the league.

A sharp stick in the eye?  If he felt he was one of the best, then he shouldn't have signed for less.

And Boldin's situation was the exact same.  "Retired," but clearly wanted to play for another team.  

Edited by Gugny
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

You might even say go ahead and fire me instead of signing on at the lower pay for an exclusive rights contract with a very strict non compete clause. 

OBD took advantage.

Just now, Gugny said:

A sharp stick in the eye?  If he felt he was one of the best, then he shouldn't have signed for less.

He was loyal to the team! Bound together through blood sweat and tears. Loyalty at OBD is a one way street. 

To be fair to Ritchie we don’t have an enviable oline or qb situation. Probably won’t do much in the year or two he has left. Still, it would be dumb if us to allow him to walk and potentially have to face him twice a year. 

The guy is good and nasty. Could see him pulling out all of the stops against his old team. 

I see no benefit letting him go, and it could come back to bite us. It would be dumb of us really. 

Edited by Bobby Hooks

5 minutes ago, BuffaloMatt said:

OBD took advantage.

He was loyal to the team! Bound together through blood sweat and tears. Loyalty at OBD is a one way street. 

This is hilarious.

The Bills were loyal, too ... they paid him exactly what he agreed to be paid.

That's kind of how business works.  I'll do "this," if you pay me, "this much."  He played football.  He received a paycheck.

Where is the lack of loyalty?

37 minutes ago, hemma said:

If I did a good job at work + my employer was rich, then it told me I'd need to take a pay cut or be fired, I'd be so grateful, so happy.

Hell, I've been at work where my employer brought in big $$ contract and I found out I was being paid 2/3 as much as a guy with the same job title who didn't have my experience or responsibilities, but was supporting 5 kids and a non-working spouse.  That's not supposed to be a factor.

I was neither grateful nor happy, but I kept my mouth shut, did my job, looked around me for better opportunities, quietly refused to sign my new contract, and jumped ship to a better opportunity where I nearly tripled my salary.

Cry me a river for poor "Grown Ass Man" Incognito who agrees to a restructure and then has some sort of public hissy fit meltdown a couple months later.  Handle your biz, man.

Edited by Hapless Bills Fan
  • Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Gugny said:

This is hilarious.

That's kind of how business works.  I'll do "this," if you pay me, "this much."  He played football.  He received a paycheck.

I’ve yet to see Ritchie say he’s giving back the signing bonus he just got if he gets cut... not particularly loyal to take a 7 figure check and then start all this up 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, NoSaint said:

I’ve yet to see Ritchie say he’s giving back the signing bonus he just got if he gets cut... not particularly loyal to take a 7 figure check and then start all this up 

Exactly.  The Bills are not in the wrong, here.  In any way, shape or form.

4 minutes ago, Gugny said:

This is hilarious.

That depends if you are a Bills fan or a player fan. I say don't give him an inch. In fact keep a close eye on him. The man just isn't right. If you get a chance to get a 7th rounder for him do it but to a team he wont play against us. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, ALF said:

Richie was great his last 3 seasons , even did his best to learn a complex blocking scheme last season. So they rewarded that effort with a pay cut . That was a real insult. 

then dont dont dont sign the contract!!

• Thank you (+1) 1