Charlie Casserly Polled 24 NFL Teams this Week for Their Top Four QBs

43 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

I'm sure all of these team reps were happy to open up about their true thoughts about the QBs in round one to....Charlie Casserly!  

Come on....he has zero juice.  I'm sure they all chuckled after they hung up the phone with him.

When will he call Animal Control about that thing on his head?

Exactly right.  

Then he goes on to elaborate what the teams are saying.  So is he suggesting that we think they gave him their 1-4 in order, then a breakdown of what they like and don't like?

This is some BS fluff piece that is easy to lie about because it can't be proven he lied.  

1 hour ago, formerlyofCtown said:

Definitely not the top QB.  I still like him tho.

My favorite 1 word definition for Rudolph is, "smooth".  He just makes everything look so easy & effortless & then act like it's no big deal to throw 3 TDs in a first quarter.  Love this kid!  

Let's Go Buffalo!!!!! 

35 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

I'm not. 

NFL teams are not going to be like the media. I’m sure there are many various opinions. Some teams will have Jackson or Rudolph in their top four. Some teams would probably view Allen as a third round pick.

38 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

Theoretically the teams answering might not have interest in drafting a QB this year anyways so they don’t have a reason to lie either.

But it says 24.  But it’s like all these reports than come out before the draft.  What smart team would ever tip their hand in anyway?  I bet most of the stuff that comes out is purposely false. 

3 hours ago, jr1 said:

didn't think the gap would be that big

Doesnt mean they voted "accurately" either.  I mean many could just put Darnold to draw attention from the other guy they want hoping they will fall.  

For example, if Bills covet Rosen as the top QB, it would be dumb for them to vote that way and instead should vote Darnold or anyone else.  So I would bet the gap is "that big" simply for those reasons too.  Not a shock by any means Darnold is the front runner, but I would bet its not as wide of a gap as this suggests.  

8 hours ago, billspro said:

The teams were asked to rank those 4 QBs, not to rank their top 4 QBs. They left the first part of that out on that video. Very different questions. I’m sure a few teams have Rudolph in their top 4.

You sure about that?

The tweet says 

I polled 24 teams this week and asked them to rank their top 4 QB’s in order.

14 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

I'm dumbfounded why Allen is one by any team. Must be some old school dudes who are thinking they can hold his massive talent.

Allen has some individual skills that make a certain kind of scout drool.  

Like, he threw a football faster than anyone has ever thrown a football, at least in terms of like the last 20 years keeping track of such information.  He has what you could call "generational" arm talent.  A certain kind of guy can't see through that to the much more important aspect of his game, like, he is highly inaccurate and not a particularly good QB.

Especially in the NFL, success at QB is mostly made up of things having nothing to do with how hard you can throw a football.

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Why would any smart team possibly answer this truthfully? What would be the benefit? Does anyone think NE was one of the teams?

Exactly, IMO if someone asked me and I am the GM I would lie as well. If you end up telling the truth said person taking poll will know who you have on top of your QB wish list, perfect insider imformation. I am sure a few teams would love for Rosen to not be picked as the 1st or 2nd. IMO Darnold Rosen go 1- 2 and the 3rd QB will be Mayfield followed by Allen. 

Makes sense to me. I think Darnold is heads and shoulders above the rest, and I'd be shocked if the Browns don't take him.

12 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Why would any smart team possibly answer this truthfully? What would be the benefit? Does anyone think NE was one of the teams?

Because they're told that there are 24 teams being polled and hence their lone answer doesn't actually matter. The fact that Darnold got the vast majority of the votes tells you all you need to know. He is hands down the best prospect in this draft. I have been saying that forever, to be sure, but it seems patently obvious. This backs that up. 

14 hours ago, Augie said:

Who tells the truth these days??? 

Truth is an endangered species in NFL circles this time of year.

Polls mean almost nothing and their value is to the producer who can hype it to create a story where none exists.

I put zero stock into what NFLN says about this.

Only 13 more days...

6 minutes ago, BillsVet said:

Truth is an endangered species in NFL circles this time of year.

Polls mean almost nothing and their value is to the producer who can hype it to create a story where none exists.

I put zero stock into what NFLN says about this.

Only 13 more days...

Yet I would bet a lot of money that this poll is a pretty accurate reflection of reality. There should be no question that Darnold is the top QB prospect, and by a substantial margin.