PURE SPECULATION: Is Beane Forcing Jackson Onto McDermott?

Gugny

Is there any way to tie this conspiracy theory to the "O-Line Threw the Chargers Game" conspiracy theory? 

I'm guessing there is - there are a lot of common elements.

Edited by grb

This makes little sense.  Likely whomever is drafted will sit much of this year until either McCarron  were t oget hurt or totally stink up the joint.  Even then I think they'd be hesitant to play a rookie who might have this great escape-ability, but mentally could get damaged from playing too soon if not prepared.  The O-line may be in rough shape, but could easily be fixed in a year, so why take a long term QB solution for something that can be fixed in a year.

9 minutes ago, the skycap said:

If Beane was this conniving, he wouldn't have traded Tyrod. Why wouldn't McDermott want a QB like Jackson? McDermott had Vick, McNabb, and Newton on teams where he was the defensive coordinator. Maybe, just maybe coaching against those guys in practice gave him nightmares and maybe he wanted to have a QB like that for his own. Pure speculation.

You're comparing Tyrod Taylor to McNabb and Newton?  The only thing they have in common is skin color.  They have zero in common as it relates to being an NFL QB.  Zilch.

4 minutes ago, Gugny said:

You're comparing Tyrod Taylor to McNabb and Newton?  The only thing they have in common is skin color.  They have zero in common as it relates to being an NFL QB.  Zilch.

No, I'm comparing Jackson to those two. Mobile QBs who CAN throw the football with the same skin color

Edited by the skycap

1 hour ago, starrymessenger said:

I like Lamar but his detractors need not be concerned. He is not the target. Beane would not have been trying to move up to the 3 spot to draft Jackson. 

I highly doubt there is one QB they covet and are targeting. These guys have plans, and back up plans. I would be shocked if Jackson wasn't one of the plans. The guy has unreal playmaking skills that would be unmatched at the NFL level. The fact that they have not be linked to Jackson should greatly concern those who do not want him. These guys are head faking the whole league and he's probably their #2 QB.

2 hours ago, MTBill said:

I think they love Jackson/Rudolph and keeping draft picks much more than they like Rosen/Mayfield/Allen and a decimated set of draft picks.

I also think - the Media will kill them for it because the team did not do what THEY think is in the best interest.  As will a segment of fans.

The media is going to kill them either way.  If they pick in the top-5 of the draft, they will be crucified for shelling out all those draft picks. On the other hand, if they didn't pick a top-3 QB they will be attacked for being weak especailly after loading up on all the draft picks over the off season.

Bean and McD will get hit either way

• Like (+1) 1

59 minutes ago, BadLandsMeanie said:

I don't think so at all.

I would say that it stands to reason, that Beane's plan is to make McCarron's wife a widow, if you understand me.

So he is hoping to woo his wife when he does? :devil:

4 minutes ago, ganesh said:

The media is going to kill them either way.  If they pick in the top-5 of the draft, they will be crucified for shelling out all those draft picks. On the other hand, if they didn't pick a top-3 QB they will be attacked for being weak especailly after loading up on all the draft picks over the off season.

Bean and McD will get hit either way

Not just the media.  Rabid Fandom too.

53 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

This makes little sense.  Likely whomever is drafted will sit much of this year until either McCarron  were t oget hurt or totally stink up the joint.  Even then I think they'd be hesitant to play a rookie who might have this great escape-ability, but mentally could get damaged from playing too soon if not prepared.  The O-line may be in rough shape, but could easily be fixed in a year, so why take a long term QB solution for something that can be fixed in a year.

So they active P5t5erman off practice squad and he plays - he is already damaged!

Not only is this theory possible and plausible, I would say it's probable!

Beane has never seemed to like McDermott and it wouldn't surprise me at all that he would force a QB on the HC.  Forcing Incognito into retirement is obviously part of the overall plot.

In fact, I've heard that Whaley has been whispering in Beane's ear, functioning as some type of counsel, ex-GM to new GM.  Lord only knows what Whaley is telling him to do!

2 hours ago, starrymessenger said:

I like Lamar but his detractors need not be concerned. He is not the target. Beane would not have been trying to move up to the 3 spot to draft Jackson. 

But

that

failed

ergo

plan

Action

Jackson

would youz guyz just take a deep breath and relax?....sheesh.  when was the last time wood went to a probowl? btw, who knew he was out when groy had to step in?

bodine =wood easily

groy can slide to left guard and keep dawkins at ease.

miller can reclaim his spot and for those who don't know, he battled a lot of personal tragedies at the start of his career.

m. newhouse is far better than mills ...case closed.

if connor mc dermott grows and we draft a couple of hopefulls, like wynn/ hernandez/ragnow, we will be fine.

most importantly, a lot of people seem to forget that tyrod needed pass pro for 5-6 seconds opposed to the average 3 of an nfl quality qb....so there's that.....calm down, we wlll be fine. with the vet experience of bodine, groy and newhouse, it's not like we have to start all over with a bunch of rookies just because iggy's  gone.

33 minutes ago, 1billsfan said:

I highly doubt there is one QB they covet and are targeting. These guys have plans, and back up plans. I would be shocked if Jackson wasn't one of the plans. The guy has unreal playmaking skills that would be unmatched at the NFL level. The fact that they have not be linked to Jackson should greatly concern those who do not want him. These guys are head faking the whole league and he's probably their #2 QB.

Since they are sitting in the 12 spot (for now) they most definitely have one and likely more than one backup plan to deal with the many contingencies and outcomes that they cannot control. I did not mean to say that they had it in their heads to go all out for one guy or bust. It would certainly make sense to me if they liked and might draft any one of the top five QBs should the opportunity present itself. This is a good class. 

But I do think that these prospects are definitely not all the same to them and that they have them graded differently and have preferences. If they felt the same way about Lamar as they might about Rosen or Darnold I really don't think they would have tried to move from 12 to 3. They would have been well positioned at 12. You don't burn draft picks if you don't have to, especially when you have lots of holes to fill. 

JMO but I think Rosen is the clear front runner from amongst these QB prospects, so I would not be surprised if he was their first choice if they can get to where they need to be. Having said that I'd be really intrigued to see any of the top 5 in a Bills uni. With respect to Jackson there is reason to believe that he can develop as a pocket passer.  I tend to doubt that he will ever be  top shelf in that department like a Brady or a Brees but I think he could very well be good enuf to keep NFL defences honest and drive opposing defensive coordinators crazy because of his playmaking ability. To me he has also provided evidence that he has good football IQ, despite his 13 test score. So I like Lamar, and maybe Beane does too and would draft him - but he is not the guy he most wants. 

Edited by starrymessenger

33 minutes ago, 1billsfan said:

how about 9 in the box and make him play qb...until you can horsecolla him like what ended the playoff game in jville.

no, i don't think that's the kind of qb we can look for as a long term guy...

Jackson turned himself into an enigma.  If he was in consideration in January I dont believe he is the preferred option at this point.  Since the combine they traded Taylor for a third and moved up to 12.  They signed AJ McCarron to a modest deal.  Looks like a prove it deal more likley a back up deal.  So they are left with him and Nate as the only Qbs.  No other team in the NFL has as large of a glarring need for a Qb.  I assume they target the most pro ready which is Rosen, possibly Darnold. 

14 minutes ago, Cripple Creek said:

But

that

failed

ergo

plan

Action

Jackson

True, but 2 is still out there and that's a better number than 3. I don't know if it gets done but for sure its a possibility.

Alright, lemmie see if I made sense of this thread.  Aliens have mind controlled Whaley, who is whispering in Beene's ear to force Incognito to retire.  As a result AJ's wife will become a widow who can then be promptly wooed by the aliens, because Mars needs women?

Edited by The Red King
  • Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Gugny said:

Obviously, the Eric Wood situation could not be helped.  Injuries happen and thank God he's been forced to retire, rather than put himself in harm's way.

But the recent developments surrounding Incognito's abrupt retirement make me wonder ... 

Did Beane lowball Incognito in an effort to make him quit?

Now that we've got a decimated O Line - AND an obvious need for a QB - my greatest fear is that this was choreographed by Beane in order to force Lamar Jackson onto McDermott.

With our current situation, an "exciting playmaking" QB who relies on his legs is the only type of QB who could possibly succeed with the O Line we're going to field.  McCarron is going to get killed back there.

Jackson seems to be a Bills fan favorite (not mine) and A LOT of Bills fans were pissed about trading Tyrod away.  This would please a lot (perhaps majority) of the fan base.

I don't think McDermott liked Tyrod and I can't see him wanting Jackson.  But he wants to win games more than sell tickets.  Maybe Beane sees Jackson as a way to accomplish both.

As the title states - this is pure speculation/guessing on my part.  But it's my biggest fear and I hope it's not the case.  Either way, I'll keep trusting the process.

Go Bills.

thNFGRB7NT.jpg

3 hours ago, Gugny said:

Obviously, the Eric Wood situation could not be helped.  Injuries happen and thank God he's been forced to retire, rather than put himself in harm's way.

But the recent developments surrounding Incognito's abrupt retirement make me wonder ... 

Did Beane lowball Incognito in an effort to make him quit?

Now that we've got a decimated O Line - AND an obvious need for a QB - my greatest fear is that this was choreographed by Beane in order to force Lamar Jackson onto McDermott.

With our current situation, an "exciting playmaking" QB who relies on his legs is the only type of QB who could possibly succeed with the O Line we're going to field.  McCarron is going to get killed back there.

Jackson seems to be a Bills fan favorite (not mine) and A LOT of Bills fans were pissed about trading Tyrod away.  This would please a lot (perhaps majority) of the fan base.

I don't think McDermott liked Tyrod and I can't see him wanting Jackson.  But he wants to win games more than sell tickets.  Maybe Beane sees Jackson as a way to accomplish both.

As the title states - this is pure speculation/guessing on my part.  But it's my biggest fear and I hope it's not the case.  Either way, I'll keep trusting the process.

Go Bills.

Nah, I have it on good authority that Beane forcing RI out was all about  getting McDermott to resign.  Beans has seen the light. Rex and Rob are waiting in the wings for their triumphant return to Buffalo.