Progressive/Geico Advertising

Fadingpain

Just listening to a Progressive Insurance commercial on the radio that is so annoying (I can't take that woman's voice) I had to hit the mute button on my laptop.  

It occurred to me that between Progressive and Geico, these two companies comprise about 84% of the advertising in America.

How much of your premium is flushed down the toilet on their f-ing advertising?

It's incredible how heavily they advertise.  

11 minutes ago, snafu said:

I love the Progressive Box -- gotta admit.

Other than that, I agree with the Original Post.

As someone with a long career producing radio ads, I have to say the voice of the Progressive Box is one of the funniest dudes ever. And admit it, Between, Bud Light, Geico and Progressive, those are some of the best ads being made today.  When people start saying your catchphrase ("Dilly, dilly") you know you've struck gold.

EDIT: Just found out it's Chris Parnell from SNL.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

My current "fascination" with commercials is limited to spotting the same actor in several different commercials, e.g., in the GEICO commercial where the gecko is dropped off on a carrier deck by helicopter, the helicopter pilot is also featured in a Celino & Barnes commercial (law firm) as a client who received a large settlement.  

Yeah, I know retired with too much time on my hands....

19 hours ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

If I purchased my insurance based on commercials (I do not), it would be Farmers! Those commercials can be really entertaining while making me wonder just WTF people do to get into some of those oddball situations. 

I am some times doing farm work and do the jungle. "I am farmer dun dun dun dun"

I also like mayhem

22 hours ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

If I purchased my insurance based on commercials (I do not), it would be Farmers! Those commercials can be really entertaining while making me wonder just WTF people do to get into some of those oddball situations. 

I'd buy it just because JK Simmons is in their commercials.  

Yes, I'm a fan.  No, I haven't seen Counterpart yet.  Yes, I know I should.

22 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

As someone with a long career producing radio ads, I have to say the voice of the Progressive Box is one of the funniest dudes ever. And admit it, Between, Bud Light, Geico and Progressive, those are some of the best ads being made today.  When people start saying your catchphrase ("Dilly, dilly") you know you've struck gold.

EDIT: Just found out it's Chris Parnell from SNL.

I don't disagree that the "Dilly Dilly" thing is probably considered a wildly successful campaign so far.

I've seen the commercials 1,000 times and can picture them in my mind.  

Here's the funny part: like much catchy advertising, I don't remember what product is being advertised, which makes you wonder how effective it actually is.

I know it's beer, but not which brand.

3 hours ago, KD in CA said:

USAA?  I find their commercials very easy to tune out.  Also a great company.

Not nearly what they used to be before they became a financial management company, and expanded to include basically anybody.

Many of us core clients have left.

Sickening to me how they play up the patriot theme.

Way over the top.

On 4/10/2018 at 3:50 PM, Fadingpain said:

Just listening to a Progressive Insurance commercial on the radio that is so annoying (I can't take that woman's voice) I had to hit the mute button on my laptop.  

It occurred to me that between Progressive and Geico, these two companies comprise about 84% of the advertising in America.

How much of your premium is flushed down the toilet on their f-ing advertising?

It's incredible how heavily they advertise.  

Yeah, they can be annoying. But they’re not a pimple on the ass of “That My Pillow Guy.”  Can’t stand that gingle. :angry:

On 4/11/2018 at 8:11 AM, Keukasmallie said:

My current "fascination" with commercials is limited to spotting the same actor in several different commercials, e.g., in the GEICO commercial where the gecko is dropped off on a carrier deck by helicopter, the helicopter pilot is also featured in a Celino & Barnes commercial (law firm) as a client who received a large settlement.  

Yeah, I know retired with too much time on my hands....

There's a woman in Canada who is in a bunch of Canadian commercials and the one day saw her on a kids show my kids were watching playing the mom.