"Giants 'don't like' Josh Rosen".

2 minutes ago, CamboBill said:

He is a good prospect .... footwork, accuracy etc .... I would love to take a flier on him.  but you cannot ignore the red flags either ... I am most bothered by his durability concerns,  combined with his inability to "escape" in the pocket . Even if you ignore the supposed character issues (which I do think are overblown) , you cannot ignore that he lacks elite arm strength, is a bit frail, and has a history of injuries (including concussions). 

Still worth a first round pick?  Absolutely.  

Worth two years worth of top picks?  No way.

What does elite arm strength even mean?  

If it is what I think it means then it is overrated to a degree because guys like Brady, Brees, Rivers do not have it.  Ok Rogers probably does, but it doesn't appear to be something that is needed to excel at the NFL level.  I just wonder what the language means.  I know what it attacks, for instance, a guy like Chad Pennington who did not have a lot behind his passes, but even he had his time and some success.  What does elite arm strength mean?

Just now, BuffAlone said:

A "flier" on him? Good grief man, who would you want? If you got someone better deserving of a flier, please let us know so we can follow your logic

The point is, I would spend a top 10 pick on him ... but no way would I trade 12,22,2 second rounders and next year's first for a QB with an, average arm, below average athleticism, durability issues, and character concerns (although I do think these are overblown).

Just now, CamboBill said:

The point is, I would spend a top 10 pick on him ... but no way would I trade 12,22,2 second rounders and next year's first for a QB with an, average arm, below average athleticism, durability issues, and character concerns (although I do think these are overblown).

He has an Above Average arm, for sure. Is the greatest cerebral assassin since Peyton, and is smart as a whip. Reads/diagnoses pre snap better than anyone in the last 5 drafts. Is an !@#$. A Boss. And will be the best QB in the game in 5 years. Trade the farm. Screw it, trade the NEIGHBOR'S FARM. He's that good

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, BuffAlone said:

He has an Above Average arm, for sure. Is the greatest cerebral assassin since Peyton, and is smart as a whip. Reads/diagnoses pre snap better than anyone in the last 5 drafts. Is an !@#$. A Boss. And will be the best QB in the game in 5 years. Trade the farm. Screw it, trade the NEIGHBOR'S FARM. He's that good

Glad I can amuse you as much as you do me lmao!

1 minute ago, BuffAlone said:

Glad I can amuse you as much as you do me lmao!

The Rosen kool-aid must be laced with something tonight lol

And to think I like him as a prospect ..... but some of you guys are acting like is the next Brady or Manning or something.

48 minutes ago, CamboBill said:

The Rosen kool-aid must be laced with something tonight lol

And to think I like him as a prospect ..... but some of you guys are acting like is the next Brady or Manning or something.

I assure you, sir. I don't do kool-aid. I've done my homework and stand firm in my opinion. I'm not a kool-aid type. He IS the best QB in this draft, bar none.

Manning or Brady is by far a closer comparison than what garbage they are spewing from the article you posted. For sure. 

Edited by BuffAlone

1 hour ago, BuffAlone said:

Do you know from whom this nonsense came from directly over at NFL.com? I'd like to slap him one good time. Unless he's a her...then I'd just laugh even harder and say, "ok. She's as dumb as a box of rocks"

It is refreshing that you are a gentleman. 

But also consider getting a woman friend to slap her for you.

• Haha (+1) 1

9 hours ago, FeelingOnYouboty said:

Why would the Giants need to put misinfo on their opinion on Rosen? Browns certainly aren’t taking him so if they want him they can have him.

It’s pretty clear the Browns and the Giants aren’t too fond of Rosen. 

Who knows what the Jets want between Allen, Mayfield and Rosen.

For two reasons. 1. They need to say this to their fans so if the Browns take Darnold they can trade down saying our guy is off the board. 2.They might actually like Rosen and spread Darnold and Allen hype so the Browns take them over Rosen. 3. Who knows.

15 hours ago, Chuck Wagon said:

But they gave away 2 1sts / 2 2nds / 2 3rds.

#12 ~ #15

Future 1st ~ Future 1st

Then you are down to #22 / #53 / #56 / #65 vs #43 / #45 / #76 / future 3rd

Obviously there's more value on our side, but pulling out one of the picks between #53-#65 swings that to be pretty much in line with the Rams trade to #1.

That's where I think a deal to #2 will land.  If we hold out pick #53, we basically have a full draft this year, #2 / #53 / #96 / #121, picks in each round 1-4 and down 1 future pick.  I could see the Giants sending a 4th either this year or next year to smooth things a bit, but I expect something in that ballpark. 

How about Bills trade 12, 22, 53 & 2019 1st to Browns for #1 overall. Browns trade Giants 4 & 53 for 2.

1. Bills - Darnold

2. Browns - Allen

3. Jets - Mayfield

4. Giants - Nelson, Chubb, Rosen

??

22 minutes ago, CuddyDark said:

How about Bills trade 12, 22, 53 & 2019 1st to Browns for #1 overall. Browns trade Giants 4 & 53 for 2.

1. Bills - Darnold

2. Browns - Allen

3. Jets - Mayfield

4. Giants - Nelson, Chubb, Rosen

??

I was going to post in the other thread that it makes a lot of sense.

There's rumors the Browns are pretty interested in 12 and 22 so they can get one of the premier DBs and a LT in round 1.  It certainly seems there's a possibility the Browns are equally ok with Darnold or Allen.  Giants guys have speculated for a while the Bills and Giants like the same player (Darnold).  If the Browns trade 1, it forces the Giants hand, it's unlikely someone is trading up for Allen at #2 and it seems the Jets are all in on Baker, so basically the Giants watch the Bills trade up for Darnold, then if they don't like one of the other QBs, their clear best play is flipping with the Browns to 4 and taking the top position player while picking up another pick.

Browns get the haul for a trade up to 1 and still get a player they are comfortable drafting.

I do think there's some credence that both the Giants and Browns are very interested in all the picks we can offer.  I think the Giants ideal plan of action is moving to 4-5, picking up a couple extra picks and likely taking the same guy they would at 2.

10 hours ago, FeelingOnYouboty said:

Why would the Giants need to put misinfo on their opinion on Rosen? Browns certainly aren’t taking him so if they want him they can have him.

It’s pretty clear the Browns and the Giants aren’t too fond of Rosen. 

Who knows what the Jets want between Allen, Mayfield and Rosen.

I think the Jets want Baker.  Woody Johnson is tight with Trump.  I know someone whose been affiliated with the Jets for a long time, politics is no minor factor with Woody.  Rosen isn't the type that's going to push his beliefs aside and I think it's a deal breaker with him and the team.

Edited by Chuck Wagon
  • Like (+1) 2

18 hours ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

Giants will want our 22, 12 and our 1st pick next year just to pick up the phone and talk to the Bills. 

i think if they, (i would), trade12 and next year's 1st to go to no. 4....now. if we lock that 4 spot up not only does it give us one of the top four qbs, (and possibly a choice between 2), but also keeps anyone from having a better chance to get to 2.

then come draft night depending on what the browns do and what gettleman wants to do,we could use a 2nd and 3rd to get ahead of the jets.

i myself would be ok with taking rudolph or allen at 12....assuming the top 4 are gone, but if they want to take their shot, the above is what i would do. it may be the best strategy because if the top 4 come off in the first 5 picks, we are going to have to deal with az. moving up and miami in front of us forcing us to trade assets anyway.

15 hours ago, CamboBill said:

Is Rosen (or Allen) REALLY worth #12, #22, our 2 second rounders AND next year's #1???

no way in hell do i give all that up.....especially for allen.

Edited by billsredneck1