2018 NHL Playoffs

Mark Vader

26 minutes ago, /dev/null said:

How anybody can root for Washington, land of Lobbyists, I have no idea

Go Vegas.  Drain the swamp!

Well, at least the Caps work as a team and don’t flight each other to get results. 

I know now a few Pens fans rooting for the Caps. 

They accepted the defeat ? ?

23 minutes ago, CowgirlsFan said:

That's an interesting point.

However today is Memorial Day,seems odd to not  cheer for a team who wears red,white and blue.

Yeah that^^^ 

And the color of gold has soured some people.  LOL. 

Golden nights (do they spell it with a K? 

Golden Showers.  

An hour to go 

LETS GO CAPS!!!

3B89046F-7026-4AAF-AEEB-2BBBB96982AF.jpeg

5 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Well, at least the Caps work as a team and don’t flight each other to get results. 

I know now a few Pens fans rooting for the Caps. 

They accepted the defeat ? ?

I have accepted and come to terms with the Penguins defeat.  As I hope you will be able after Marc-Andre Fleury takes his fourth Stanley Cup

Just now, sherpa said:

Really stupid waste of time.

I hope this isn't a trend.

oh, it is.  Vegas did this same thing at the home opener of the Winnipeg Jets series.

I actually kind of like this stuff they are doing out in Vegas this playoff season.  At least it's being done on a professional level.

What scares me is the idea of everyone else trying to play "keep up" with really stupid and amateurish productions.

I do agree the "show" here has now gone on too long however. 

PS:  Remember when there was no advertising on the boards, no jumbo-trons, and the entertainment was provided by an organ? 

I'd love for them to back to that stuff.  

Oh Jesus, now they are bringing out Michael Buffer! 

LOL

Not a Capitals fan in the least, but I really do not want Vegas to win in their first season. Just doesn't seem fair to all the other expansion teams who struggled to build a team from scratch.

2 hours ago, Fadingpain said:

I actually kind of like this stuff they are doing out in Vegas this playoff season.  At least it's being done on a professional level.

What scares me is the idea of everyone else trying to play "keep up" with really stupid and amateurish productions.

I do agree the "show" here has now gone on too long however. 

I love it. It's Vegas.

4 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

VGK gets game 1 thanks to this missed call.

Conveniently ignoring that hack Wilsons cheap shot on the Knights leading scorer.

Please,  if you watch all the playoffs shite gets ignored by the refs all the time. That Reaves hit was relatively insignificant compared to the other stuff that is let go. Did you also note all the pick plays the Caps were running on Vegas? I did. Also never called. Several of them.

15 minutes ago, Dante said:

Please,  if you watch all the playoffs shite gets ignored by the refs all the time. That Reaves hit was relatively insignificant compared to the other stuff that is let go. Did you also note all the pick plays the Caps were running on Vegas? I did. Also never called. Several of them.

Give me a break, Carlson got sandbagged by the officials.  The call shouldn't have been missed.  It's like a non-catch that was called a catch for a TD in a SB, can't miss those calls.

Pick plays run by the Caps?  Interesting, wasn't mentioned in the post game analysis.  You know what was mentioned?  The cheap goal, which shouldn't have been a goal.  But that's ok, Vegas will pay for it Wednesday night.

Tom Wilson is awesome, like a modern day goon.  He does have to be careful since he has a reputation and the refs will watch him closely.

Edited by Happy Gilmore

2 hours ago, Happy Gilmore said:

Give me a break, Carlson got sandbagged by the officials.  The call shouldn't have been missed.  It's like a non-catch that was called a catch for a TD in a SB, can't miss those calls.

Pick plays run by the Caps?  Interesting, wasn't mentioned in the post game analysis.  You know what was mentioned?  The cheap goal, which shouldn't have been a goal.  But that's ok, Vegas will pay for it Wednesday night.

Tom Wilson is awesome, like a modern day goon.  He does have to be careful since he has a reputation and the refs will watch him closely.

Wilson will be able to get his retribution in a few days, after his suspension. Should be suspended for 2 games, but will probably get 1. 

This was a great back and forth brawl! Loved it. Crapped my lacey panties at least 4 times tonight! Thank goodness for Victoria secrets panty specials, stocking up on hard ware!

Edited by MakeBuffaloGreatAgain

15 hours ago, Happy Gilmore said:

Not mentioned because the announcers arent that great.

They watch him closely because the guy is a hack with no respect for this opponent. He's earned the rep. He better be careful. Since the refs didn't get it right the Knights may feel they have to mete out justice themselves. Which may involve Ove or Backstrom.

2 hours ago, Dante said:

Not mentioned because the announcers arent that great.

They watch him closely because the guy is a hack with no respect for this opponent. He's earned the rep. He better be careful. Since the refs didn't get it right the Knights may feel they have to mete out justice themselves. Which may involve Ove or Backstrom.

Agreed, and everyone knows that Wilson is too scared to drop gloves with Reeves. But I wouldn’t be surprised to see Ove getting hit a little later than normal the next couple games. 

9 minutes ago, MakeBuffaloGreatAgain said:

Agreed, and everyone knows that Wilson is too scared to drop gloves with Reeves. But I wouldn’t be surprised to see Ove getting hit a little later than normal the next couple games. 

It's all you can do. The hit last night reminded me a lot of a similar situation involving the Sharks vs the Oilers playoffs. At the time the Sharks had no or very little muscle to respond. That hit changed the course of the series. Ironically, the Sharks ended up signing Torres. He was actually pretty effective when not injured. 

16 hours ago, MakeBuffaloGreatAgain said:

If you take out the cheap shots, VGKs win in dominate fashion. 

Oh please.   You Vegas fans ack like the caps were committing murder.  

How about the 2 or 3 non calls against the Caps.  The push in blue paint.  

Like the stick to the face of the Caps player that was never called?

NHL after show a former goalie who has been in the reviews for illegal hits stated the Wilson hit was legal. 

If you want to whine and cry look in the mirror.  

3 minutes ago, Dante said:

It's all you can do. The hit last night reminded me a lot of a similar situation involving the Sharks vs the Oilers playoffs. At the time the Sharks had no or very little muscle to respond. That hit changed the course of the series. Ironically, the Sharks ended up signing Torres. He was actually pretty effective when not injured. 

Very similar plays. I don’t mind tough guys mixing it up, but taking cheap shots when another player isn’t looking, trying to injure them is just cowardly. Wilson is a cheap shotting punk who is obviously afraid to hit someone legally. His style isn’t like a tough goon, his style is that of a coward. 

4 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Vegas was gifted game 1.   

Lets keep it honest

Not being condescending, I know you are a Cap's fan so I understand. I feel I'm a more objective observer being a Shark fan. Yes, I admit I'm leaning Vegas but I'm not emotionally invested. 

As far as the refs gifting, I think it's a foolish rabbit hole to go down. If you pay attention there so many subtle but influential infractions that are ignored in the playoffs. Not as obvious but equally significant in either causing or allowing a goal. For example, cutting off a forward as he skated to the point to defend a defenceman before he can get a shot off. Not noticed because it's among a faceoff scrum. Stuff like that that is impossible to score and tally up to see who got screwed. IMHO this is where the NHL and refs get themselves in trouble because now they are forced to make judgment calls when or when not to call something.

2 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Oh please.   You Vegas fans ack like the caps were committing murder.  

How about the 2 or 3 non calls against the Caps.  The push in blue paint.  

Like the stick to the face of the Caps player that was never called?

NHL after show a former goalie who has been in the reviews for illegal hits stated the Wilson hit was legal. 

If you want to whine and cry look in the mirror.  

The push that literally happens 40 times a game and isn’t called? Yeah ok...

i know know this one ex goalie, and he says that hit was legal. That settles it then. An ex goalie is the final judge when it comes to cowardly cheap shots. 

FYI, that goalie is either biased or stupid. Maybe both. 

4 minutes ago, Dante said:

Not being condescending, I know you are a Cap's fan so I understand. I feel I'm a more objective observer being a Shark fan. Yes, I admit I'm leaning Vegas but I'm not emotionally invested. 

As far as the refs gifting, I think it's a foolish rabbit hole to go down. If you pay attention there so many subtle but influential infractions that are ignored in the playoffs. Not as obvious but equally significant in either causing or allowing a goal. For example, cutting off a forward as he skated to the point to defend a defenceman before he can get a shot off. Not noticed because it's among a faceoff scrum. Stuff like that that is impossible to score and tally up to see who got screwed. IMHO this is where the NHL and refs get themselves in trouble because now they are forced to make judgment calls when or when not to call something.

That game was evenly matched,

so 1 missed non call against the 2 or 3 missed non calls that Vegas got away with really isn’t being partisan.   

If a missed non call equates to a goal then it was a gift. 

See the other non DC area hockey fans comments or any after game recaps.  

There is a DC hater who said the the goal should have been taken off of the scoreboard and that goal changed the outcome of the game. 

Did you see me here last night or this AM complaining?  No.  I was responding to those saying the Caps got away with many non calls. 

Oh  and did they really need 7 on 5 when called out for too many men in tbd ice?  ?

12 minutes ago, MakeBuffaloGreatAgain said:

The push that literally happens 40 times a game and isn’t called? Yeah ok...

i know know this one ex goalie, and he says that hit was legal. That settles it then. An ex goalie is the final judge when it comes to cowardly cheap shots. 

FYI, that goalie is either biased or stupid. Maybe both. 

For what it’s worth.  Your clown act isn’t that funny.   

Dont try to make it out that I am a braggart WRT to the Caps. 

12 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

That game was evenly matched,

so 1 missed non call against the 2 or 3 missed non calls that Vegas got away with really isn’t being partisan.   

If a missed non call equates to a goal then it was a gift. 

See the other non DC area hockey fans comments or any after game recaps.  

There is a DC hater who said the the goal should have been taken off of the scoreboard and that goal changed the outcome of the game. 

Did you see me here last night or this AM complaining?  No.  I was responding to those saying the Caps got away with many non calls. 

Oh  and did they really need 7 on 5 when called out for too many men in tbd ice?  ?

For what it’s worth.  Your clown act isn’t that funny.   

Dont try to make it out that I am a braggart WRT to the Caps. 

This is what happens when the NHL and the refs they control, decide they don't want to affect the outcome of the game. They affect the outcome of the game!  I can't stand the tired old line of "let the players settle it on the ice" or field or whatever.  If they just called the game by the rules the players would adjust soon enough. But they take the spineless way out and try to please everyone by not calling infractions. Frustrating but this shite does go both ways. Saw a player get xchecked right in front of the ref last night! I know that prikc saw it.  How is not calling that not affecting the outcome? Resulting, justified PP could definitely determine the outcome.