2018 NHL Playoffs

Mark Vader

47 minutes ago, eball said:

3 of the 4 series right now are fantastic...I just can't get into Boston-Tampa.

Even as a Bruins fan the serious has sucked. Haven’t had a good game yet where both teams show up. The lightning walked around like zombies in game one and the Bruins have been lazy since. Jets/Preds series is great so far.

9 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Can he contest it like they do in the NFL? 

Hard hit  but that is a lot.   

I guess the broken jaw was a factor.  

I am not sure..I am fairly certain in the regular season they keep it under 5 games as if 6 or more the player can appeal to an arbitrator. I will do some quick research as I am curious too. BTW, i know I am on the other side from most, but I saw that as a dirty, dirty headshot and think the suspension was correct.

1 hour ago, eball said:

3 of the 4 series right now are fantastic...I just can't get into Boston-Tampa.

I can..just cause I despise Boston fans and Boston sports. Was nice to hear Bruin fans booing the B's last night..damn they are spoiled up there. I mean look at all their teams. Celtics winning without their two biggest stars looking like the next dynasty in the NBA, Sox in first at 22-8, Pats best team in the league...man someone make them miserable please!!!

Edited by plenzmd1
  • Like (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

I can..just cause I despise Boston fans and Boston sports. Was nice to hear Bruin fans booing the B's last night..damn they are spoiled up there. I mean look at all their teams. Celtics winning without their two biggest stars looking like the next dynasty in the NBA, Sox in first at 22-8, Pats best team in the league...man someone make them miserable please!!!

Oh, I hate Boston too.  I just have absolutely no affinity for Tampa and the games haven't been good.

Edited by eball

1 hour ago, plenzmd1 said:

I am not sure..I am fairly certain in the regular season they keep it under 5 games as if 6 or more the player can appeal to an arbitrator. I will do some quick research as I am curious too. BTW, i know I am on the other side from most, but I saw that as a dirty, dirty headshot and think the suspension was correct.

thanks for looking into it. 

He hit him high certainly, he didn't lunge off of his feet (until after contact).  An unfortunate turn of events.   

FWIW - There are a lot of hard hits and slashed going on by both teams.  The Pens are not angels by any means.   I am actually surprised they are getting their asses kicked thus far.  

And as a side not - a lot of feigning hard hits.  

10 hours ago, Mark Vader said:

Sharks strike back with a shutout of their own.

Martin Jones was ON tonight.

The goal by Donskoi at the end of the 1st period was key.

What a difference Donskoi makes. 

I can't get over the effectiveness of Sorenson. Another guy that just keeps getting better and better. How long can he be kept on the 4th line? I'm thinking more in terms of next season. No way I break up that line right now. 

Thank god no Martin and we got Ryan. I get the feeling game 3 was the last game played by Martin. At least for the Sharks. 

GO SHARKS!

• Like (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

thanks for looking into it. 

He hit him high certainly, he didn't lunge off of his feet (until after contact).  An unfortunate turn of events.   

FWIW - There are a lot of hard hits and slashed going on by both teams.  The Pens are not angels by any means.   I am actually surprised they are getting their asses kicked thus far.  

And as a side not - a lot of feigning hard hits.  

as noted in the first round, Penguins are the Pats of the NHL..they get a lot of benefit of the doubt.

And yep, Wilson's rights are the same in the playoffs. He can appeal, but the appeal would be heard by Bettman. Whats the point eh? 6 or over, goes to a neutral party

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

Especially the Bruins. Anyone who has watched Bruin games on NESN would have a natural distaste for the B's. Listening to their announcers would have that effect.

1 minute ago, Dante said:

Especially the Bruins. Anyone who has watched Bruin games on NESN would have a natural distaste for the B's. Listening to their announcers would have that effect.

I have grown to love the caricature that is Jack Edwards. He is sooooo over the top, just has to be an act and i think it is funny now. I actually watch the NESN broadcast when they play the Sabres.:D

14 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

I have grown to love the caricature that is Jack Edwards. He is sooooo over the top, just has to be an act and i think it is funny now. I actually watch the NESN broadcast when they play the Sabres.:D

They drive me crazy! When they are losing they give the impression that the Bruins are really better than the other team. Bad luck, reffing or a few uncharacteristic mistakes by the B's are the reason. It's never the other team is playing better! 

22 minutes ago, Dante said:

What a difference Donskoi makes. 

I can't get over the effectiveness of Sorenson. Another guy that just keeps getting better and better. How long can he be kept on the 4th line? I'm thinking more in terms of next season. No way I break up that line right now. 

Thank god no Martin and we got Ryan. I get the feeling game 3 was the last game played by Martin. At least for the Sharks. 

GO SHARKS!

Joonas Donskoi has become one of my favorites, even though he can be neutralized on the boards so easily because he's not a big guy.

I agree with you about Sorenson. The patience he showed on that first goal last night, he looked like a veteran on that play.

I think Paul Matin is finished as well, just like they have done with other veterans like Joel Ward & Jannik Hansen.

It's been great seeing the younger guys step up and help the Sharks core players.

Even better that they have been doing so without Joe Thornton.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

Joonas Donskoi has become one of my favorites, even though he can be neutralized on the boards so easily because he's not a big guy.

I agree with you about Sorenson. The patience he showed on that first goal last night, he looked like a veteran on that play.

I think Paul Matin is finished as well, just like they have done with other veterans like Joel Ward & Jannik Hansen.

It's been great seeing the younger guys step up and help the Sharks core players.

Even better that they have been doing so without Joe Thornton.

What I like about all the small. skilled guys (Donskoi, Sorenson, Karlsson) is that they are willing to take a hit to make a play. They do not just play on the perimeter. I don't think they get neutralized that easily. They all are pretty hard to move off the puck for their size.

Bodeker is someone I was really down on the first half of the year but even he has come around. He is a guy that really isn't strong and can be pushed around a bit but he has made up for it with pure hustle. His speed is a big plus. As with all these guys.

And this comes full circle around to Joe. What do we do with him? Is it fair, coming off major knee surgery, to put him in a high tempo series like this? Do we want him in there? Joe isn't the most fleet of foot and it's never been more apparent that the Sharks have to be fast to compete with this team. 

IF we were to advance and play either the Jets or Preds I think Joe's size may become more of an asset. But against these guys, speed and a bit of edge seem to be the only way to stay with them.imhl 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Commonsense said:

Down go the Bruins. Tampa was faster, stronger and more composed. Good for them. It will be an interesting offseason. 

I’m on the Jets wagon. Best team out there.

Thank god for that!!

ECF should be awesome but do think Caps-Bolts might be one for the ages.

11 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

Thank god for that!!

ECF should be awesome but do think Caps-Bolts might be one for the ages.

I remember taking the family to Lightining games when DOZENS of people attended. Not a lot of dozens, but maybe a couple.... You could sit anywhere and hear every cut of every skate. 

37 minutes ago, Augie said:

I remember taking the family to Lightining games when DOZENS of people attended. Not a lot of dozens, but maybe a couple.... You could sit anywhere and hear every cut of every skate. 

have never been to a game there..but if yu want to treat..I am in!

13 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Wait what?    You give up on the Pens?   

no, not yet. Just saying thing Caps in the ECF will make for an epic final

• Like (+1) 1