The no mock mock

1 hour ago, LeGOATski said:

New rule: We can still talk about Lamar Jackson, since he's a WR.

No no Jackson is a slash type.  Think the new Kordell Stewart.  We use him at wr, rb, te, and sub package safety.  Until he is ready to play qb of course and then we put him there and count the championships.

Two years of being the slash like in Mike Mularkey's Pittsburgh offense and I have no doubt his inability to throw an accurate ball in a consistent manner will fix itself. Dont know why more teams dont draft athletes in the late first and let them bloom at other positions before making them a franchise qb.

Edited by thenorthremembers

Until we find out what some other teams and then the Bills are going to do at QB,  any such discussion is hypothetical. If they trade off most of the first 6 picks for a QB, we will be talking about very similiar looking guys ranking in the 150's.  If you discuss using a high draft pick on something other than a QB, there are a half dozen vicious posters who have nothing to do but insult you.   I think this forum will be killed by them.

1 hour ago, thenorthremembers said:

No no Jackson is a slash type.  Think the new Kordell Stewart.  We use him at wr, rb, te, and sub package safety.  Until he is ready to play qb of course and then we put him there and count the championships.

Two years of being the slash like in Mike Mularkey's Pittsburgh offense and I have no doubt his inability to throw an accurate ball in a consistent manner will fix itself. Dont know why more teams dont draft athletes in the late first and let them bloom at other positions before making them a franchise qb.

Could Lamar Jackson handle Joe Webb’s package?

As much as I’d hate the idea of it, I could see McBean rolling into camp with the WR depth chart as is, with the addition of one or two mid/late round guys. I’m struggling to see them willing to invest a high pick into that position after spending essentially two high picks to acquire Benjamin and Zay. 

1 hour ago, fansince88 said:

This and next weekend are the last two till I head west to the Grand Canyon, shut ut all down, and enjoy life sans football. Cant wait.

I hate to frighten you, but we actually watch football out here in the West. ?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

7 hours ago, LeGOATski said:

New rule: We can still talk about Lamar Jackson, since he's a WR.

Lol, yes of course. Allen at TE .

now there's a thread to start ; QBs that became different positions:

Julian Edelman WR

Scott Frost Safety

Antwaan Candle El  WR

4 hours ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

As much as I’d hate the idea of it, I could see McBean rolling into camp with the WR depth chart as is, with the addition of one or two mid/late round guys. I’m struggling to see them willing to invest a high pick into that position after spending essentially two high picks to acquire Benjamin and Zay. 

don't need a high pick just a solid one.

6 hours ago, fansince88 said:

This and next weekend are the last two till I head west to the Grand Canyon, shut ut all down, and enjoy life sans football. Cant wait.

What ya gonna do when there?  U hiking at all?

7 hours ago, Kwai San said:

What ya gonna do when there?  U hiking at all?

Landing in Denver. Seeing that section of the Rockies. Traveling to Moab Utah and sight seeing over 6 days to GC. (Abreviated version). Lots of walking.

• Like (+1) 1

On 4/7/2018 at 9:38 PM, fansince88 said:

Landing in Denver. Seeing that section of the Rockies. Traveling to Moab Utah and sight seeing over 6 days to GC. (Abreviated version). Lots of walking.

Cool - I have extensively hiked in both the Moab area and the Grand Canyon.....Been to The Wave in Moab area and Angles Landing in Zion, been South Rim to North Rim and Rim to River to Rim 2x's.  Nothing like being out there.  Wish I was there now......best times to hike are in 2-3 weeks......Have an AWESOME time!

• Thank you (+1) 1