TSW Mock Draft vs Actual Draft

Virgil

1 minute ago, TPS said:

While the sexy pick would be to take the first TE off the board, the Vikings instead do the right thing and invest in the trenches to protect their $84 million (guaranteed) man.

With the 30th pick the Minnesota Vikings take Orlando Brown, OT, Oklahoma.

Despite one of the slowest 40 times at the combine, the Vikings take the behemoth Brown to plug in at RT, which allows them to move Remmers to RG.

Brown is also Mike Mayock's #2 rated OT.

The Patsies are on the clock....

I get your reasoning but for some reason my mind feels like its a big reach in the first round

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Mr Wild said:

I get your reasoning but for some reason my mind feels like its a big reach in the first round

I looked at several sites and compared the available OTs. In the end, I trust Mayock more than the others. Also, it's rare for a TE to come in and produce right away. The Vikings are looking to take it the final step this year, and improved line play will help that with Cousins at the helm.

45 minutes ago, wppete said:

With 29th pick the Jaguars select:

Will Hernandez, G, UTEP

Jags continue to build the O-Line. Hernandez fits perfect with the heavy run offese led by Fournette. 

That is a heck of a pick late in round 1

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, billspro said:

Ya for sure, he seems to be the consensus #2 olineman. Maybe Wynn would challenge him on some draft boards. 

He is a solid Guard and fits the jags. I was also thinking about WR for the Jags. DJ Moore, Maryland or Sutton, SMU. 

• Like (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, wppete said:

He is a solid Guard and fits the jags. I was also thinking about WR for the Jags. DJ Moore, Maryland or Sutton, SMU. 

Yeah, I have DJ Moore going to them in my mock right now. But if they had a shot at Hernandez they would have to take it. 

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, 1billsfan said:

The college game isn't producing them in their top programs. In 3-5 years, half the league will be running college offenses. The QB position will become an athletic point guard and they'll have shorter careers than the traditional 10-15 years. That's how I view it.

You have to win in the NFL from the pocket. That will never, ever change. It is why Russell Wilson was a hit and RGIII was a bust. One could play from the pocket as well as all the things he could do outside and one couldn't. 

Jackson as a pocket passer right now is borderline NFL level but he is still on the upswing so there is a chance he gets there at some point. If you draft him and are willing to sit him (the Bills will need their guy ready by week 6) then Jackson down the line has a chance to maybe be that guy. 

11 hours ago, Mr Wild said:

Obviously the most anticipated pick of the draft

With the 25th pick the Tennessee Titans select  HAROLD LANDRY, BOSTON COLLEGE

1/4th of the Titans sacks came from there OLB position last year. But our two starters, Brian Orakpo and Derrick Morgan, are both over 30 and are free agents at the end of the year so we are filling a much needed hole with this pick.

The Falcons and @Watkins101 are on the clock

I have mocked this pick all offseason. If Landry is there he is a perfect fit for TEN.

Well played sir. 

11 hours ago, Mr Wild said:

The big question in this thread is how far is Josh Jackson going to drop?

Not far enough. 

10 hours ago, aristocrat said:

you don't have any idea what system the bills win run.  neither do i.  no wentz will be running the system that made him an mvp which was a different system than foles ran that made him super bowl mvp. my point is not qb is exactly the same and you must run the system that allows him to be most successful. 

It wasn't a totally different offense. They were doing plenty of RPO with Wentz too. The just dialled up more of that and less of the full field reads for Foles after watching him try and make full field reads in that atrocious Dallas game. 

6 hours ago, billspro said:

Yeah, I have DJ Moore going to them in my mock right now. But if they had a shot at Hernandez they would have to take it. 

I have Hernandez mocked there he makes a ton of sense. I don't have him higher because I think he is a much better run blocker than pass blocker and so Wynn is the #2 interior OL for me (plus I think Wynn may still have some LT upside). 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, aristocrat said:

jaire alexander cb Louisville. Patriots

Even this board lets the patriots get the best DB in this draft fall to them.  Its amazing how even in fake drafts on a bills board that we let maurice hurst and alexander go to the patriots.  Just mind boggling 

17 minutes ago, bkep32 said:

Even this board lets the patriots get the best DB in this draft fall to them.  Its amazing how even in fake drafts on a bills board that we let maurice hurst and alexander go to the patriots.  Just mind boggling 

You forget that we also almost drafted a 2nd QB in the first round 

• Haha (+1) 2