Board panic when the pats make a move

2 hours ago, kdiggz said:

Does any of this matter? As long as they have Brady they are super bowl favorites. They could play with a tackling dummy at LT and he will still get the pass to Edelman before anyone can get to him.

This ^^^* 

im willing to bet that if you replace D Keizer with Brady Cleveland would have made the playoffs last year , 

8 hours ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Understandable but man they have arguably as many holes on their roster as we do...oline (lost both starting SB tackles)...wr ( they just traded their only speed guy) and Edelman coming off an ACL..TE(with Gronk about ready to retire)...front seven( they get no qp pressure at all just ask the Eagles)....rb( do they have any effective short yardage back since Blunt left?) even CB (the Bills version of Gilmore showed up in the Super Bowl) and their starting qb despite playing like he’s not human sometimes is gonna be 41 with no backup...so I’m not losing sleep knowing they flipped Brandon Cooks for a 1 knowing he wanted more then 8.5 million a year and that the Rams are trying to win the Super Bowl this year  

I got a blubbering text from a fellow Bills fan who was in a panic.  One truth about many of us is that we expect the very worst.

People panic because the media makes a big deal out of Bellicheks moves.As if he has this master plan to get ahead of Buffalo.

For example, this morning on Good Morning Football,they were going through what the Giants should do at two. They feigned phone calls from Buffalo,the Bills offered a boatload for the pick, then the Pats called and offered Number 43 and Rob Gronkowski. The girl,Kay something or other said she would take the Pats offer. Really?

In a realistic world there’s no way the Giants would pass up the Bills deal, but the media is so enamored with BB that it creates nervous tension amongst SOME fans.

I would be the least bit worried about the Pats,but that’s me.

Further, BB hasn’t done a great job drafting. 

Edited by dlonce

Generally I agree. But if Beane is hesitant in trading away all of his acquired picks, or he’s just slow to the draw. And the Pats jump ahead of us and steal one of the QBs (most likely many of us here like) there will be some serious questions about how the hell it happened 

Edited by mrags

8 hours ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Understandable but man they have arguably as many holes on their roster as we do...oline (lost both starting SB tackles)...wr ( they just traded their only speed guy) and Edelman coming off an ACL..TE(with Gronk about ready to retire)...front seven( they get no qp pressure at all just ask the Eagles)....rb( do they have any effective short yardage back since Blunt left?) even CB (the Bills version of Gilmore showed up in the Super Bowl) and their starting qb despite playing like he’s not human sometimes is gonna be 41 with no backup...so I’m not losing sleep knowing they flipped Brandon Cooks for a 1 knowing he wanted more then 8.5 million a year and that the Rams are trying to win the Super Bowl this year  

So true! Every time they make a move there are a lot of traumatic reactions on the board. On the other hand, I think we need to cut those posters a little slack as, unfortunately, in the past there has been something to it in terms of the Pats* making some move and it turning out good for them and bad for us.

2 hours ago, dlonce said:

People panic because the media makes a big deal out of Bellicheks moves.As if he has this master plan to get ahead of Buffalo.

For example, this morning on Good Morning Football,they were going through what the Giants should do at two. They feigned phone calls from Buffalo,the Bills offered a boatload for the pick, then the Pats called and offered Number 43 and Rob Gronkowski. The girl,Kay something or other said she would take the Pats offer. Really?

In a realistic world there’s no way the Giants would pass up the Bills deal, but the media is so enamored with BB that it creates nervous tension amongst SOME fans.

I would be the least bit worried about the Pats,but that’s me.

Further, BB hasn’t done a great job drafting. 

I saw that too.  How stupid would that trade be.....................

Giants and Gettleman would be that laughing stock of the NFL.