VGK win division

I was born and raised in Las Vegas and I should care about the Knights, but I don't, weird. How about Jack's 5 assists tonight. Knights will lose in the first round, but still a  tremendous season, although I remember watching another expansion team win back to back titles in the early 90's. 

3 hours ago, MakeBuffaloGreatAgain said:

Vegas baby! Sorry, just wanted to say Go Knights! Did any of you see the best goal of the year by Karlsson tonight? Whoa Nellie!https://www.nhl.com/video/t-294809034

As much as I love the Sabres, I have been a Las Vegas resident since 2001.  It has been an amazing season for the Golden Knights. 

That goal by Karlsson was a thing of beauty.

It is going to be fun to see how this upstart team (Las Vegas born) can do in the playoffs.  Each player plays with a chip on his shoulder.   On their opening night they had a moving ceremony honoring the victims and survivors of the 1 October shooting.   Last night, their last home game of the regular season, they raised a banner with the names of the 58 players that list their lives in the shooting.   They announced that the number 58 would never be worn by a Golden Knight.

This town has embraced the team in an amazing fashion.  I doubt that the raiders will get that kind of support from the Las Vegas fan base.

Go Knights!!!

2 hours ago, longtimebillsfan said:

As much as I love the Sabres, I have been a Las Vegas resident since 2001.  It has been an amazing season for the Golden Knights. 

That goal by Karlsson was a thing of beauty.

It is going to be fun to see how this upstart team (Las Vegas born) can do in the playoffs.  Each player plays with a chip on his shoulder.   On their opening night they had a moving ceremony honoring the victims and survivors of the 1 October shooting.   Last night, their last home game of the regular season, they raised a banner with the names of the 58 players that list their lives in the shooting.   They announced that the number 58 would never be worn by a Golden Knight.

This town has embraced the team in an amazing fashion.  I doubt that the raiders will get that kind of support from the Las Vegas fan base.

Go Knights!!!

Where do you watch Bills games?  Come join us at Moondoggies every Sunday!

41 minutes ago, Green Lightning said:

It just underscores how pathetic the Sabres have been.

Did Tim Murray purposely sabotage the Sabres because Uncle Bwian hated Lindy?  If he did or if he didn't, he could be the worst GM in the history of sports.

One of the most unexpected major sports stories in years.  I have a buddy in Vegas who said  everybody in town is going crazy over the Knights...this is great for the sport of hockey and NHL.  As a Sabres fan there is definitely a depressing spin to this too :(

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

When you have several fan bases who have watched their team struggle for decades to win a Cup or even become a contender for one, then the NHL gifts an expansion team a Cup contender in year one, it is hard to take the league seriously.  

Edited by K-GunJimKelly12

3 minutes ago, MakeBuffaloGreatAgain said:

Karlsson’s goal made #2 on ESPNs top 10 plays. It should have been number one, but they are really trying to push the pansy game of soccer. But the goal is definitely a must see... shorthanded, trick shot, game winner. 

You do realize it's the most popular sport in the world, right?

ESPN is a business, a global business, who's money comes from advertisers, who pay more $$ with ratings.

Football/soccer is their worldwide cashcow.

The NHL is far and away below any other of the big USA sports (NBA, NFL, MLB), hell wnba games outperform NHL ratings many times.

Regular season MLB games outperformed game 7 of the Stanley cup finals.

Don't get be wrong, I love hockey, but let's not act like football/soccer isn't a much bigger sport.

1 hour ago, 4merper4mer said:

Did Tim Murray purposely sabotage the Sabres because Uncle Bwian hated Lindy?  If he did or if he didn't, he could be the worst GM in the history of sports.

He had a suitcase full of assets and squandered them. Signing slow players, sketchy goalies and bad defenseman. I wish he had a process!

1 hour ago, Dopey said:

Trust the process. Oh, wrong sport. Thought this was a Bills forum, my bad.

Isn't this the Key Bank Center wall?

43 minutes ago, SouthNYfan said:

ESPN is a business, a global business, who's money comes from advertisers, who pay more $$ with ratings.

The NHL is far and away below any other of the big USA sports (NBA, NFL, MLB), hell wnba games outperform NHL ratings many times.

Don't get be wrong, I love hockey, but let's not act like football/soccer isn't a much bigger sport.

A better play is a better play.  They don't call it "Top 10 plays with a preference for profitable sports".

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, SouthNYfan said:

I am not sure if anything in your answer is an actual direct response to what I said. That was a nice ranting tangent, and yes, I do know that hockey has low ratings compared to other sports, and that soccer is the most popular sport in the world... but, soccer is still a pansy sport that rewards men who act like 3 year olds with a scrapped knee, and Karlsson's goal was a better play than the soccer kick.

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, MakeBuffaloGreatAgain said:

I am not sure if anything in your answer is an actual direct response to what I said. That was a nice ranting tangent, and yes, I do know that hockey has low ratings compared to other sports, and that soccer is the most popular sport in the world... but, soccer is still a pansy sport that rewards men who act like 3 year olds with a scrapped knee, and Karlsson's goal was a better play than the soccer kick.

You were b*tching that ESPN was pushing soccer.

I explained why.

I felt that zlatan's kick was better than karlsson's.

Obviously they did too.

1 hour ago, 4merper4mer said:

A better play is a better play.  They don't call it "Top 10 plays with a preference for profitable sports".

Right.

I felt zlatan's was better.

It was an amazing play, in his debut, which he will be under intense scrutiny, to score two great goals and win the game.

Another poster was whining that ESPN is "trying to push the pansy game of soccer" and that was the reason that the NHL play was "only #2" on the top10.

I left that part out, but was just pointing out that ESPN didn't have an agenda in regards to the play ranking.