Baker Mayfield

4 hours ago, FeelingOnYouboty said:

I hate talking like this but he's a culture changer. He immediately wins the locker room and the fans. If he was two inches taller he'd be consensus #1 pick.

Totally agree.

If you put Baker Mayfield's skill set in Josh Rosen's body, he's the consensus #1 QB.

On the flip side, if you put Josh Allen's skill set in Baker Mayfield's body, I'm not sure he gets drafted. 

• Like (+1) 3

i listened to all the radio stuff today and it appears that the browns may in fact draft allen at one. it does make some sense in that they have tt and stanton to buy them the time to get him up to speed.....which puts us in a better spot for baker. however , again, i'm not in for a bidding war when i can possibly take rudolph. i'm sticking with my prediction. our 2018 qb corp. is a.j./nate and rudolph and i'd be damn proud of that.

btw , i don't get all the poo on a.j. he could be just as good as jimmy g. i'm sick of all the b.s. of why didn't he unseat dalton...well maybe for the same reason jimmy g. didn't unseat brady. those orgs. were dedicated to their franchise guys that they were paying.

on another point ....as well as jimmy g. looks, he didn't win two national championships at eastern ill.

4 minutes ago, billsredneck1 said:

i listened to all the radio stuff today and it appears that the browns may in fact draft allen at one. it does make some sense in that they have tt and stanton to buy them the time to get him up to speed.....which puts us in a better spot for baker. however , again, i'm not in for a bidding war when i can possibly take rudolph. i'm sticking with my prediction. our 2018 qb corp. is a.j./nate and rudolph and i'd be damn proud of that.

btw , i don't get all the poo on a.j. he could be just as good as jimmy g. i'm sick of all the b.s. of why didn't he unseat dalton...well maybe for the same reason jimmy g. didn't unseat brady. those orgs. were dedicated to their franchise guys that they were paying.

on another point ....as well as jimmy g. looks, he didn't win two national championships at eastern ill.

If the Browns pass on Darnold it's a miracle and you find a way to trade up for him, period.

6 minutes ago, billspro said:

If the Browns pass on Darnold it's a miracle and you find a way to trade up for him, period.

but that's the thing, that would make the giants sit at 2. they would maybe take darnold over rosen as the heir apparent to eli. ....leaving the jets to take rosen or mayfield....which is cool because if the jets take rosen, maybe the browns are open to trading no.4 ...or the broncos decide to go with another player...ie. nelson...which puts mayfield in play at 6

I'm having a little trouble understanding why people don't like Mayfield.  Worked himself from a walk-on (TWICE) to the Heisman Trophy winner.  Nobody will ever question his compete level.  He was a 3 star recruit.  Nobody ever handed him anything. He started as a true freshman walk-on at Texas Tech when the starter got hurt and went 5-0 before he got hurt himself.  They didn't give him the job back when he was healthy and they also signed another QB to a scholarship which in reality would have put him minimally 3rd on the depth chart as a non-scholarship player.  If it was my kid, and he played that well and they did that I advise him to leave too.  Especially if another program was willing to give him a real chance.  He bet on himself.  Again.  I like it.

I'm not sure I get the uproar over planting the flag at the Shoe.  That feels like a faux controversy for me.  Ditto grabbing himself and shouting F you at a Kansas team that refused to shake his hand in the pregame and cheap shotted him during the game? Does he need to reign it in a little?  Yeah probably.  Do I particularly want a shrinking violet at QB?  No.  Is it particularly fair to Mayfield that the camera was focused on him and we got no perspective of what the Kansas players were doing and saying?  A little. 

I don't know, I'm not beating the drum to get him, I'm worried about his height but the other stuff for me just seems minor and not really an issue.  Even the arrest.  I saw the video.  We have no trouble honoring players who have done far far far more egregious things than that.  I'm willing to wager that most of the people on this board have done more egregious things than that, we just managed to avoid an arrest out of dumb luck or a cops generosity. 

• Like (+1) 1