Possible trade up with Denver

Trying to read between the lines and fight thru all of the misinformation here is my take as of 1:30 PM on March 30th.

1.  Bills have definite interest in Baker Mayfield

2.  Denver has supposed interest in Mason Rudolph

So, if this is true, I could see a trade possibility.  If I'm the Biils I offer the 12th pick and next years 1st in exchange for Denver's 5th pick.

Trade value chart shows 500 points so next years 1st is an overpayment, but it allows us to maintain all of our 2018 picks to make needed improvements in areas we have significant holes.

What would you offer Denver to get a chance for Baker Mayfield?

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, RPbillsfan said:

Trying to read between the lines and fight thru all of the misinformation here is my take as of 1:30 PM on March 30th.

So, if this is true, I could see a trade possibility.  If I'm the Biils I offer the 12th pick and next years 1st in exchange for Denver's 5th pick.

Trade value chart shows 500 points so next years 1st is an overpayment, but it allows us to maintain all of our 2018 picks to make needed improvements in areas we have significant holes.

That same exact thing

• Like (+1) 2

I don’t know what the fair price is, or if anything we’ve heard is true about who likes whom, but for some reason I’m skeptical about Denver trading. I guess it depends on who they love, whether he’s available there, and how much we (over)pay. Honestly, if we love a QB and have to overpay, I’m OK with that if we nail down the QB position for the next 15 years! 

1 minute ago, TPS said:

What if the Jets take him?

I’m counting on the Jets taking Geno Smith. Again.

Hey, the draft is a crapshoot in so many ways.... I pray we love more than one guy, and we can get to a spot to take the top one available. 

12 minutes ago, RPbillsfan said:

Trade picks this year.

The strength of this draft is the QB's at the top............the rest of the "70 starters" are heavily weighted toward "low dollar" positions that you are better served addressing in FA or later in the draft

Anyone down with picking up 5th year options for over $20M combined on that MLB and run stuffing DT after the 2020 season?:lol:

Just now, BADOLBILZ said:

Anyone down with picking up 5th year options for over $20M combined on that MLB and run stuffing DT after the 2020 season?:lol:

How long have you been on this board? :huh:

You should know that not only people will say yes, you also know who the posters are that will say yes....:o

:lol:

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

If it were to go down like that I for one would be ecstatic. We could literally end up with a QB that is arguably in everyone's top three and still grab a stud at 22 or higher (which there will be plenty because of the run on QB) and have the capital to trade higher into the second/first all while still keeping the top pick of the third round... I like Mayfield and Rosen for Qb we have a shot at and I would not be crushed if we got Allen at 12 or LJ8 somewhere near there but to only lose a 1st next yr for Mayfield... I would cream

2 hours ago, kdiggz said:

this needed its own thread?  i thought there was some actual substance to this nonsense

Exactly.

We just need to make a rule about no thread titles involving "trade with x" unless there's an actual trade.   This nonsense is ridiculous.

4 minutes ago, Chuck Wagon said:

Exactly.

We just need to make a rule about no thread titles involving "trade with x" unless there's an actual trade.   This nonsense is ridiculous.

Well Chuck Wagon, I guess you find any new topic which pieces together information reported as meaningless.  Since others have responded with their feedback maybe it's you that should not waste people's time with your whiny posts about what should be posted.

10 minutes ago, RPbillsfan said:

Well Chuck Wagon, I guess you find any new topic which pieces together information reported as meaningless.  Since others have responded with their feedback maybe it's you that should not waste people's time with your whiny posts about what should be posted.

I have no problem with people piecing together information and using one of several threads that are already discussing the potential options to post their thoughts.  All thoughts are welcome.  I think it's dumb to start threads and put "Possible trade with X" as a clickbait thread topic.

27 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

I thought this was an actual article....but now I see it is just some shmuck like me (with absolutely no inside info) projecting some ridiculous hypothetical to read his own words on the interwebs. *clap clap clap* You’re famous. 

Don’t sell yourself short! He may be a shmuck, but I personally think you are a shmuck in your own class!  No one can out-shmuck you! 

3 hours ago, stuvian said:

Denver is as QB crazy as we are. We will have to trade up past them to land one of the coveted 4

....at #4, I hope. 

Edited by Augie
  • Thank you (+1) 1