None of These QB's Should Get the Hype

Irv

IMHO - I feel that this is going to turn out to be the best QB draft class yet.  Not only are there Darnold, Rosen, Allen, Mayfield, Jackson, Rudolph but also guys like White, Lauletta, Falk & Ferguson just to name a few.  I watched more college football this past year than I ever have and these guys are going to take the QB position to a higher overall level. 

Let's go Buffalo!!!!!

12 hours ago, Irv said:

This is sick.  There are no obvious Kelly's, Elway's, Luck's, P. Manning's, Newton's, in this draft.  Too many folks are QB drunk.  That includes a lot of folks on this board.  When the draft is so clearly unknown in the top 1-10 that has to tell you that these QB's are not like the premier guys from the past.  I trust OBD brass to know that.   What do you think?

Sooooooooooooo - what you are saying is you don't like this QB class?

12 hours ago, Irv said:

This is sick.  There are no obvious Kelly's, Elway's, Luck's, P. Manning's, Newton's, in this draft.  Too many folks are QB drunk.  That includes a lot of folks on this board.  When the draft is so clearly unknown in the top 1-10 that has to tell you that these QB's are not like the premier guys from the past.  I trust OBD brass to know that.   What do you think?

Funny thing is when Kelly Marino were drafted nobody was thinking 2 future HOF QB's. You don't know jack about who is going to become what in this draft like the rest of us.... But this franchise needs to get a top QB and it doesn't matter whether you agree or not, this is a QB league and you need to go get one and keep trying till you do

and I beg to differ on the Cam Newton comparison. It what world is Cam Newton some world beater HOF QB. He's decent and average.

Edited by ddaryl

12 hours ago, Irv said:

BAH GAWD you're right. It's disgusting. It's vile. It's gross. It's evil and it's wrong and it's gotta be stopped.

Grow up, Peter Pan. Count Chocula.

12 hours ago, Batman1876 said:

I’ll give you Elway and Luck, but why is it obvious that the other guys were better prospects?

This.

Elway, Peyton and Luck. And after that there are guys with faults that have a good to decent chance to make it, but no near-sure things.

And yeah, to those who've said so, yeah this thread is unnecessary and wildly repetitive. But like it or not there's an appetite for things like this.

Edited by Thurman#1
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Thurman#1 said:

This.

Elway, Peyton and Luck. And after that there are guys with faults that have a good to decent chance to make it, but no near-sure things.

Peyton had his faults too, his arm was questioned and he had faltered in big games so people called him a choke artist. 

Just now, Batman1876 said:

Peyton had his faults too, his arm was questioned and he had faltered in big games so people called him a choke artist. 

People questioned Elway and Luck too.

But all three were about as close as you'll get to faultless in a world where faultless doesn't exist.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Thurman#1 said:

People questioned Elway and Luck too.

But all three were about as close as you'll get to faultless in a world where faultless doesn't exist.

So either you have to pick a QB with faults or be the Colts. 

13 hours ago, Irv said:

Well i guess that settles it!  The crystal ball has been seen, no reason to get excited.

Just draft Corners and guards and call it a day

12 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

Excellent point.

P Manning was essentially a nobody coming out of Tennessee.  Huge risk.

Jim Kelly? Didn't move the needle at all before the draft.  I mean, he was Florida so most teams up north wouldn't even think of drafting him.

Newton was some JUCO project.

Maybe true but clearly none of them hold a candle to Kim Jung QB.  I know you agree comrade.

9 minutes ago, Like A Mofo said:

Well i guess that settles it!  The crystal ball has been seen, no reason to get excited.

Just draft Corners and guards and call it a day

I disagree.  I think we should draft a QB.  It does not matter who as long as we trade up to the top.  Sure maybe we could get Laulelauletaletta at 22 easily but if we trade up into the top 10 to take him, his odds of being awesome skyrocket.

Folks are missing the point.  There is no clear number one and there is NO WAY all of them are can't miss.  Luck, Elway, Manning, Newton were all no doubt #1 picks in the first round.  These 5-6 guys  - you could throw there names in the hat and not worry because nobody stands out.  Too much QB euphoria.   

1 minute ago, Irv said:

Folks are missing the point.  There is no clear number one and there is NO WAY all of them are can't miss.  Luck, Elway, Manning, Newton were all no doubt #1 picks in the first round.  These 5-6 guys  - you could throw there names in the hat and not worry because nobody stands out.  Too much QB euphoria.   

Newton was number 1 in a sucky QB draft though. 

Just being a consensus #1 doesn't make you good. 

3 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Newton was number 1 in a sucky QB draft though. 

Just being a consensus #1 doesn't make you good. 

You take that back!

Sincerely,

The Widow Couch

Edited by Irv

11 minutes ago, Irv said:

And what would your point/rant be if 2 or 3 of them become franchise QB's for the next 15 years and the Bills passed to draft a friggin LB'er or CB?

Edited by Real McCoy