Matt Miller's latest Mock makes sense

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2766224-2018-nfl-mock-draft-matt-millers-latest-predictions-with-1-month-remaining

4 QBs in the top 6 and Indy trades down again with us this time. Miller is good, he points out that Allen has been the Jets target since last year!

Edited by horned dogs
  • Like (+1) 3

Just now, D521646 said:

so we give up 12, 22 to get to 6 overall?  I like the idea and the price is not too steep, however, instead of Rosen I'm hoping Mayfield is the target.

Tim-

I’d take either, and I love that we still have our twos and threes. 

Thats is a lot to work with. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, thenorthremembers said:

So the Colts didnt trade us 3 because they didnt want to be outside the top ten, but they trade us 6?

From the sounds of it that wasn’t true. Especially if the reports of us having a deal in place before the jets swooped in are to be believed. 

• Like (+1) 1

I'm not giving up 2 firsts to move up 6 spots.

Look at last year.  We got a first next year (which is considered a second rounder) and a 3rd to drop 17 spots.

Indy didn't want to move out of top 10, let them pick their player at 6 and I will target 7 or 8 to move up.

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, horned dogs said:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2766224-2018-nfl-mock-draft-matt-millers-latest-predictions-with-1-month-remaining

4 QBs in the top 6 and Indy trades down again with us this time. Miller is good, he points out that Allen has been the Jets target since last year!

So me being called an idiot, for saying 4 gone by 10, is starting to look like I was right.

2 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

So the Colts didnt trade us 3 because they didnt want to be outside the top ten, but they trade us 6?

well, the boat load of second round picks, to go along with a couple firsts...that is altogether a pretty nice haul. they could finally surround andrew luck with some serious young talent. 

2 minutes ago, Ittakestime said:

I'm not giving up 2 firsts to move up 6 spots.

Look at last year.  We got a first next year (which is considered a second rounder) and a 3rd to drop 17 spots.

Indy didn't want to move out of top 10, let them pick their player at 6 and I will target 7 or 8 to move up.

Good thing it’s not you in charge. Really good thing!

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Seanbillsfan2206 said:

Who the eff is Matt Miller 

https://twitter.com/nfldraftscout?lang=es

2 minutes ago, SouthNYfan said:

So me being called an idiot, for saying 4 gone by 10, is starting to look like I was right.

Not from me friend and I think you know that. I've felt all along myself that the potential exists for all 4 to be gone by 6. Doesn't mean it will, but it's not crazy!

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, horned dogs said:

Sorry, I'm a no go on this.  6th pick is rated at 1600 points on Draft Tek chard, 12 is at 1200, 22 is at 780.

Why would we sacrifice 380 draft points which is equitable to a mid-range 2nd round pick to select concussion prone, slight of build Josh Rosen, who lacks pocket presence and is Rob Johnson 2.0 waiting to happen.

Lets simply give away our future starting MLB to draft this guy.  You must be kidding me.

If you really want him, stay at 12 and with your future bust you can at least build the rest of your roster and hope AJ works out.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Blokestradamus said:

A guy that I had to stop following because even I, the !@#$ing king of creepy, think he's plain weird.

On the mock side of things, this really is the Cinderella story.

Yes for what it’s worth, this scenario would be great. But mock drafts are just adults still having pretend time

1 minute ago, RPbillsfan said:

Sorry, I'm a no go on this.  6th pick is rated at 1600 points on Draft Tek chard, 12 is at 1200, 22 is at 780.

Why would we sacrifice 380 draft points which is equitable to a mid-range 2nd round pick to select concussion prone, slight of build Josh Rosen, who lacks pocket presence and is Rob Johnson 2.0 waiting to happen.

Lets simply give away our future starting MLB to draft this guy.  You must be kidding me.

If you really want him, stay at 12 and with your future bust you can at least build the rest of your roster and hope AJ works out.

Disagree with most everything you said. It is a premium perhaps but to get the QB you want its not exorbitant.

1 minute ago, Seanbillsfan2206 said:

Yes for what it’s worth, this scenario would be great. But mock drafts are just adults still having pretend time

I need a Bills pick me up after the 7-10 days. I was starting to lose faith for awhile...reenergized!

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

Also to get to six we shouldnt be giving up two 1sts.  12, 53 and a 4th.

Well, with all of the newly acquired picks that they have between the Bills and Jets, they could very easily move back up a couple of spots if there was a guy they really wanted that they did not expect to still be on the board at 12. They know also that the Bills would be taking a QB at 6, a position that the Colts would not be targeting there. So they could move back up to, say, 9 or 10 if they wanted to without having to give up more than one of the 2nd rounders they got from the Jets and still get a top 5-6 guy at a non-QB position.

Last week Peter king said that the Colts were making it no secret that they are looking to move down again and acquire more picks. He suggested that the Bills #53 and #96 might be enough to get it done. But with this inflated trade market, who knows?

1 minute ago, 2003Contenders said:

Well, with all of the newly acquired picks that they have between the Bills and Jets, they could very easily move back up a couple of spots if there was a guy they really wanted that they did not expect to still be on the board at 12. They know also that the Bills would be taking a QB at 6, a position that the Colts would not be targeting there. So they could move back up to, say, 9 or 10 if they wanted to without having to give up more than one of the 2nd rounders they got from the Jets and still get a top 5-6 guy at a non-QB position.

Last week Peter king said that the Colts were making it no secret that they are looking to move down again and acquire more picks. He suggested that the Bills #53 and #96 might be enough to get it done. But with this inflated trade market, who knows?

Interesting I hadn't heard that. But, I doubt its enough as you mention the market is tough.

1 minute ago, 2003Contenders said:

I have no problem with the Bills moving up to get Rosen at 6, if he is there but I dont want to overpay at 6 when you basically have no teams between 6 and 10 who need a quarterback.  Dont overpay when you can afford to be patient.

4 minutes ago, Seanbillsfan2206 said:

I wrote about half a dozen concept mock drafts for BillsWire last year. Let me tell you, that stuff is stressful. If you don't take the guys that most people want, folks get angry.

I have nothing but respect for the guys that do it on a national scale. Their Twitter mentions must be carnage.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Blokestradamus said:

I wrote about half a dozen concept mock drafts for BillsWire last year. Let me tell you, that stuff is stressful. If you don't take the guys that most people want, folks get angry.

I have nothing but respect for the guys that do it on a national scale. Their Twitter mentions must be carnage.

And what's the accuracy rate on these, less than 40%? 

I love the mocks, but people don't know how to accept them for what they are.  GM's are paid millions to get "their guy" and cloak and dagger everyone else with misdirection. 

11 minutes ago, Blokestradamus said:

A guy that I had to stop following because even I, the !@#$ing king of creepy, think he's plain weird.

On the mock side of things, this really is the Cinderella story.

Yeah but aren't all the great analysts a little big like this!;) I mean sitting in a dark, smoke-filled room with the a projector is kinda weird....Gunner may be different though -don't know.

• Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Virgil said:

And what's the accuracy rate on these, less than 40%? 

I love the mocks, but people don't know how to accept them for what they are.  GM's are paid millions to get "their guy" and cloak and dagger everyone else with misdirection. 

I haven't a clue about how accurate they are. For all I know, some of them are doing the bidding of teams to help push/create false information & narratives. If you're watching Brandon, I'm more than happy to be a shill for a price!

I've done mock drafts for just the Bills in the last 5 classes in some way, shape or form. In all that time, I think I got Dustin Hopkins, John Miller & Matt Milano correct. That's 3 out of 34 picks :D

Edited by Blokestradamus

5 minutes ago, Blokestradamus said:

This is why I think it’s total bull **** when people call mel kipper and Todd mcshay “hacks”. I agree it’s a very dedicated job and it’s actually impossible to be accurate. There’s just way too many different scenarios, teams have multiple needs, and just a difference of opinion throughout the league on players. I do give a lot of credit to the people who take the time to do these, but it’s really just pointless