Rams trying to trade for OBJ per NYDN

3 minutes ago, SouthNYfan said:

He's worth nothing if he walks next year

Of course not, but you know what? This is standard offseason smoke. We've seen this story dozens of times. 

There are holdouts every year, some guys threaten to sit out the season, and they never do.

It might drag into training camp, but the check will get written either way. 

OBJ will get a fat contract with the Giants, get traded elsewhere and still get a fat contract, and we'll see him in September. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

This possibility will affect the asking price. If the Gmen have no intention of paying OBJ market rate and are sick if his antics , he'll be moved. 

Right.

They are currently selling low though with his injury last year

I think their best bet is to play him a few games and show he's healthy, unless they can get a good pick this year for him obv

Just now, TheElectricCompany said:

Of course not, but you know what? This is standard offseason smoke. We've seen this story dozens of times. 

There are holdouts every year, some guys threaten to sit out the season, and they never do.

It might drag into training camp, but the check will get written either way. 

OBJ will get a fat contract with the Giants, get traded elsewhere and still get a fat contract, and we'll see him in September. 

Oh he's definitely getting a fat contract.

I'm just not sure it's from the Giants.

I said it about 3 years ago that this guy was TO part II. TO was a great player as is Odell, but the sideshow gets old. He will end up being a successful journeyman who never stays in one place too long. 

7 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

They would be flip flopping picks in my scenario as well. That is the equivalent of a 2nd rounder (maybe the Browns add a pick). If the Giants do like Darnold it make sense.

It does make sense but probably have to add a pick in. Imagine if the Giants grab Darnold..Browns get Allen and Jets go Rosen...that would shake everything up for the rest of the blue chip prospects. 

Just now, Patriot Killa said:

It does make sense but probably have to add a pick in. Imagine if the Giants grab Darnold..Browns get Allen and Jets go Rosen...that would shake everything up for the rest of the blue chip prospects. 

Yeah, it might be a CRAZY top 10. Everyone will be in scramble mode.

1 minute ago, jmc12290 said:

The Bills need to be on the phone.  We have no WR's and we aren't going to have a shot at any as talented as OBJ in the near future.

I tend to agree even if it is not a popular opinion around here. OBJ is about as far from the stereotypical “Buffalo guy” as you will find. With that being said he is a star and our WR group stinks. It makes sense for the Bills.

1 minute ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I tend to agree even if it is not a popular opinion around here. OBJ is about as far from the stereotypical “Buffalo guy” as you will find. With that being said he is a star and our WR group stinks. It makes sense for the Bills.

A superstar skill player isn't a "Buffalo guy?"

Image result for nicolas cage you dont say meme

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Virgil said:

When you have a lot of young guys and not a lot of dead space, you can do well.  Now, when Goff needs to get paid.....

This is What Beane has been preaching since he got here. Hopefully we are a year away...

3 hours ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

The Rams seem to have infinite cap space, I swear. First they're going after Suh and now OBJ?

Its easy to work someone in if you think it’s important. A $20m signing bonus is only $4m in this years cap. You just have to choose wisely. 

1 hour ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I don’t care about the personality a ton— but worry he’s the type that won’t live up to the deal he’s about to get. I also doubt we are trading picks for and giving monster deals to both Benjamin and him. I think our dynamic guy is coming from the draft.

2 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

The Giants supposedly like Darnold a lot. He is the guy that most people think will be gone. They are fed up with OBJ and not going to pay him what he wants. The Browns can offer them the chance to get the QB that they want and pick up OBJ at the same time. The Browns can afford the crazy price for Beckham and Landry because their entire roster is on rookie deals. It makes a lot of sense IMO.

Beckham and Landry in the same huddle arguing with Tyrod over who should get the ball. That would certainly make the sports talk shows humming. When you have a fire why not throw in more gasoline to make the situation even more volatile. If OBJ can't be corralled under his current contract how is he going to behave if he has one of the riches contracts with guaranteed money for a receiver locked in? If Cleveland or any team signs him they are asking for trouble. He's a great talent who is capable of blowing up a team. It seems like each year his behavior becomes more erratic and outrageous. Fools gold!

• Thank you (+1) 2