Browns will be better than....

4 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

McCarron is a substantial downgrade from Taylor.  We are going from one of the top 32 QBs in the league - even if he was well into the 20s on that list - to a guy who is not an NFL starter. 

You may well be right. I have not seen enough of McCarron to have a strong view. 

I doubt either Tyrod or McCarron are still starting for either team by week 7. 

Edited by GunnerBill

On 3/23/2018 at 11:24 PM, Lfod said:

Ok I got you guys on record for saying the Browns are going to have a better record next season than the Bills. I disagree that they will be a better team but I will wait until it plays out before I get my laughs in. I think your just in love with the draft picks they have so I can forgive you. 

Going from winless to 500 is a leap of faith in my opinion. I'll take the guys that can strip a team for rescource and still make the playoffs over the guys that dump all these high picks into thier team and not win a single game every day 24/7. Those picks they have don't fool me. 

Our elite QB stable has a combined 5 starts in the NFL. 

On 3/24/2018 at 5:32 AM, Kirby Jackson said:

...the Bills (ducks)

I said last year that I would trade rosters and situations with them. In 2 years that will look like a no-brainer. The Browns are better than us now everywhere but the secondary and the backfield. If they draft Barkley that gap closes as well. They have talent. They just happen to be the Browns so...

There bks are better other then McCoy we got a bunch of trash at least they have Hyde and Duke.

4 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

You may well be right. I have not seen enough of McCarron to have a strong view. 

I doubt either Tyrod or McCarron are still starting for either team by week 7. 

I don’t know about that.  It will largely depend on which QBs those teams draft and how patient they are with them.  But it won’t be Taylor or McCarron’s play keeping them on the bench. 

8 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

McCarron is a substantial downgrade from Taylor.  We are going from one of the top 32 QBs in the league - even if he was well into the 20s on that list - to a guy who is not an NFL starter. 

I beg to differ McCarron doesn't have to be great to be better then Tyrod.  Although Tyrod is in a much better situation in Cleveland with all those weapons now .

1 minute ago, NastyNateSoldiers said:

I beg to differ McCarron doesn't have to be great to be better then Tyrod.  Although Tyrod is in a much better situation in Cleveland with all those weapons now .

Have you seen McCarron play?  I have.  Again, we are going from a marginal starter at QB to a guy who shouldn’t be starting in the NFL.  

2 hours ago, Teddy KGB said:

Led ?      He didn’t lead anything.     He led as much as Jordan Mills did.  

2,799 yards and 14 tds ? ?????. 

Browns are a joke, as is Tyrod.   

I always took exception to posts about Taylor being a leader as there was never any evidence offered to back that up.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, BarleyNY said:

Have you seen McCarron play?  I have.  Again, we are going from a marginal starter at QB to a guy who shouldn’t be starting in the NFL.  

I've seen him play in college and the pros. He's a much better passer then Tyrod. I guess that's not saying much but he plays QB better in my opinion.  Tyrod is a gimmickback not a quarterback. 

The 2001 Patriots called and wanted to let you know sometimes the guy who never should have been a starter turns out okay.

6 minutes ago, NastyNateSoldiers said:

I've seen him play in college and the pros. He's a much better passer then Tyrod. I guess that's not saying much but he plays QB better in my opinion.  Tyrod is a gimmickback not a quarterback. 

I do not see an NFL arm on McCarron.  I can’t imagine how you do - other than wishful thinking.  If other NFL teams thought he had a chance to be anything then one would’ve been happy to pay him large.  Instead he signed a 2 year deal at $5M per season with a team in desperate need at QB.

6 minutes ago, /dev/null said:

The 2001 Patriots called and wanted to let you know sometimes the guy who never should have been a starter turns out okay.

Gosh, you’re right.  I totally missed that he’s probably another Tom Brady.  Well played.

2 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

I do not see an NFL arm on McCarron.  I can’t imagine how you do - other than wishful thinking.  If other NFL teams thought he had a chance to be anything then one would’ve been happy to pay him large.  Instead he signed a 2 year deal at $5M per season with a team in desperate need at QB.

Gosh, you’re right.  I totally missed that he’s probably another Tom Brady.  Well played.

You called Taylor a marginal starting QB when his first contract with the Bills was 3 years/$3.35 million.  He was a back up before coming here.  Why are/were you open on Taylor but completely shut the door on McCaron?  especially when their situations are basically the same....even down to the late rounds they were drafted in.

6 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

We need a drinking game for every time somone references the 199th pick in the 2000 draft as a reason for hope that a marginal prospect turns into gold. :lol:

5 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

Brady isn't the only nobody throw away draft pick project QB to make it as an NFL starter:

Kirk Cousins was a 4th round afterthought when the Redskins mortgaged their future for RGIII.  RGIII is out of the league and Cousins was the hottest QB Free Agent in years

Nick Foles was a 3rd rounder that had been traded and cut and contemplated retirement before accepting a backup job.  He is now the reigning Super Bowl MVP

Russell Wilson was a 3rd round project QB that has since won a Super Bowl

Dak Prescott was a 4th round project QB and is considered one of the up and coming talents

Case Keenum was an undrafted nobody

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

It’s very early to determine if McCaron is starting quality or not.

Why exactly is that?  Because he’s a Bill?  If he was just named starter of the Dolphins we’d all be laughing at them.

Thats not to say that I don’t understand the signing.  The Bills missed on the other QBs via FA and trade and it was imperative that they have somebody besides Peterman on the roster.  He was pretty much all that was left.  Fine.  But let’s not pretend it’s something more than that.  

Just now, BarleyNY said:

Why exactly is that?  Because he’s a Bill?  If he was just named starter of the Dolphins we’d all be laughing at them.

Thats not to say that I don’t understand the signing.  The Bills missed on the other QBs via FA and trade and it was imperative that they have somebody besides Peterman on the roster.  He was pretty much all that was left.  Fine.  But let’s not pretend it’s something more than that.  

I’m just curious if you didn’t like the signing of Taylor in 2015....who you called a marginal starter.

5 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

You called Taylor a marginal starting QB when his first contract with the Bills was 3 years/$3.35 million.  He was a back up before coming here.  Why are/were you open on Taylor but completely shut the door on McCaron?  especially when their situations are basically the same....even down to the late rounds they were drafted in.

Because they aren’t the same players and McCarron doesn’t have an NFL caliber arm.  I never saw Taylor as more than a marginal starter who could be a short term bridge QB.

4 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I’m just curious if you didn’t like the signing of Taylor in 2015....who you called a marginal starter.

I thought it was fine because he was supposed to be a backup QB.  If the Bills intent when signing McCarron was for him to be the backup, then that would have been fine with me.  But not to be the starter.

Because they aren’t the same players and McCarron doesn’t have an NFL caliber arm.  I never saw Taylor as more than a marginal starter who could be a short term bridge QB.

If he didn’t have an NFL caliber arm, he wouldn’t be in the NFL.  To argue if his arm strength prohibits him to be a higher level starter, yeah that can be argued.  Back up QB’s are a revolving door but yet McCarron has stuck around.  

I felt the same about Taylor.  He’s got deficiencies in his game as well that prevents him from being better....just like McCaron.  But McCarons deficiency is just way to much to overcome its seems because I guess arm strength is the most important trait in a QB?