Well that Seals it Josh Allen # 1 over all

11 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I somewhat agree but Hack was a total statue and went into the fetal position when he felt pressure. He was limited to his big throws that i didn’t make often enough. Allen can move. 

Hackenberg was also a second round pick, a lot less risk.  Still a high price, but not crippling.  They don't need to get cute.  Too many holes on the team.  Build in the trenches and draft BPA.  Does this Bio look familiar:

Height: 6-3

Weight: 231lbs

PROS: Very strong arm that can make all the throws. Compact and quick throwing motion. Can really hurt a defense with his feet. Powerful runner who can break tackles outside the pocket. Ridiculously quick acceleration in a short area. Has good velocity on his deep outs, which is a staple NFL throw. Known as a team leader. Leads his receivers well on slants and routes that look for yards after the catch.  Fantastic on the run and passing on roll outs. Has ridiculous upside as an NFL quarterback. Nearly 2,000 rushing yards and 29 rushing TD’s in his career.

CONS: Actual on-field production leaves a lot to be desired, but played on a lot of bas Washington football teams. Has only been playing in a pro-style offense, previously played in the option in his first season. Still very raw as a pocket passer. Didn’t really improve much from junior to senior seasons like expected. Has had quite a few big-time stinker games. Has a career losing record, 16-25, at a position that’s directly tied to winning. Still needs working reading coverages and picking up blitzes.

Who do you think this is?  Hint a former #8 pick in another over hyped QB draft.

2 minutes ago, YodaMan79 said:

Hackenberg was also a second round pick, a lot less risk.  Still a high price, but not crippling.  They don't need to get cute.  Too many holes on the team.  Build in the trenches and draft BPA.  Does this Bio look familiar:

Height: 6-3

Weight: 231lbs

PROS: Very strong arm that can make all the throws. Compact and quick throwing motion. Can really hurt a defense with his feet. Powerful runner who can break tackles outside the pocket. Ridiculously quick acceleration in a short area. Has good velocity on his deep outs, which is a staple NFL throw. Known as a team leader. Leads his receivers well on slants and routes that look for yards after the catch.  Fantastic on the run and passing on roll outs. Has ridiculous upside as an NFL quarterback. Nearly 2,000 rushing yards and 29 rushing TD’s in his career.

CONS: Actual on-field production leaves a lot to be desired, but played on a lot of bas Washington football teams. Has only been playing in a pro-style offense, previously played in the option in his first season. Still very raw as a pocket passer. Didn’t really improve much from junior to senior seasons like expected. Has had quite a few big-time stinker games. Has a career losing record, 16-25, at a position that’s directly tied to winning. Still needs working reading coverages and picking up blitzes.

Who do you think this is?  Hint a former #8 pick in another over hyped QB draft.

Jake Locker. And also, Hack was surrounded by NFL talent, Allen has no one. Lamar Jackson actually had a putrid supporting cast as well. Half of Darnold's offense is going to get drafted, same goes for Rosen and Mayfield. 

2 hours ago, Misterbluesky said:

Peterman had 5 completions in the snow game¡!!!!?????????ALSO...Dan Marino struggled here for example.

Peterman looked quite well in that snow game given the circumstances, before he got KO'd

1 hour ago, gobills1212 said:

What scouts have been telling you he won't go in the 1st?? Yikes.. 

But thehardtruth is at the end of the day, he was still colt McCoy. Bbbiiiggggg difference between the 2!!

Not really. Inaccurate under pressure is inaccurate under pressure whether you have a cannon or a noodle arm. Still inaccurate. Not gonna cut it in the NFL. 

Great arm and great athlete. But why did he only complete 56% of his passes in the Mountain West? I really don't watch much college football, so this is just an honest question. 

Edited by holla83

2 hours ago, NewEraBills said:

Here's the thing.  I'm not saying he's a great prospect to be taking in the top 5.  I just think the desperation for QB's by

Cleveland

NYJ

Buff

Arizona

Miami

Possibly Denver

Possibly NYG

LA Chargers - life after Rivers

Steelers - Life after Ben

Saints - Life after Brees

You have teams trying to set up for the future and some teams just needing a QB really bad.  They are going to overdraft.  If you have not seen this pattern in the draft when it comes to QBs I have no idea what to say.  QB by far is the most overdrafted position where guys go well beyond what their tape indicates because GMs believe that its the most pivotal position in the game so they will be willing to overreach.

With that many teams looking at the QB position there is no way he doesn't get taken in the 1st round.  But the supply vs the demand at the top almost solidifies him as a top 10 pick.

I think Baltimore should be on the list too

22 minutes ago, THEHARDTRUTH said:

Not really. Inaccurate under pressure is inaccurate under pressure whether you have a cannon or a noodle arm. Still inaccurate. Not gonna cut it in the NFL. 

I dont even necessarily disagree...but not even close to what I was arguing. 

Edited by gobills1212

bills will end up with leftovers at qb.

Might as well start with the peterman vs mccarron arguments.

That should keep fans bickering for at least 2 seasons until next

regime steps in.

omg....this also means non stop should have kept tt posts everyday

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Edited by Kelly101
  • Haha (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

I wouldn’t be surprised if they take a QB, but I don’t think it’ll be in the first round

True, the 2nd tier guys in round 2-3.

7 minutes ago, NewEraBills said:

Good point.  They won't be in range for Allen but they are certainly going to take a QB at some point.  Falk is often talked about in relation to them as a day 2 guy they could target.

Here's one of the articles I read recently about NE and a QB pick.

https://www.boston.com/sports/new-england-patriots/2018/03/02/quarterbacks-patriots-could-draft-tom-brady-backup-2018

1 hour ago, frostbitmic said:

By he's clean, do you mean that nobody in division 1 college football had more fumbles and other assorted turnovers, or that NFL teams think he'll change and protect the football for the first time ever?

I hope his name is called before the Bills get on the clock.

Straight quotes I've seen from NFL scouts.