As of Now, Do You Have Your Own Perfect Spot In the Draft?

sven233

3 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Now that it's about 100% Darnold goes 1, I'd stay put at 12 and see who falls. Keep all your picks and if Allen or Mayfield are gone, Jackson will definitely be there. Sam is the only guy worth trading up.

did you feel that way when Josh Rosen was tearing things up his freshman year?  nobody had even heard of redshirt Sam Darnold back then.  he was only playing at USC because Rosen wanted to go to a good school so he turned them down

3 minutes ago, kdiggz said:

keep in mind he is a rookie at this.  i know people like to think he walks on water and can do no wrong but he is still trying to figure things out.  it's very likely that he underestimated the situation and now we are on the outside looking in

I agree with this thought 110% - what I don't get and will never get is why some people are willing to throw it all away for Darnold - that just ain't happening folks.  Not.  Gonna.  Happen.

My sweet spot is when "the guy" is there for the Bills Braintrust at whatever #.  So far they have done pretty well - not a fan of the Ivory deal - too much $$$ for a crappy 30 yo RB IMO - but all in all I think they have done a great job so far being rookies.  They most likely got snookered by the Jests - who knows tho, really who knows - only Beane and the FO know that - and that 6 pick is A LOT more attractive than the 12 pick tho so I am sure that had something going for it.

Bottom line I really hope they don't get stoopid desperate on Draft Day......IMO I do not see the value of these guys like some of your other folks here do.  My gawd some of you guys have MARRIED yourself to QB A or QB B.  Crazee........one thing for sure - gonna be a lot of posts between now and the draft and as someone said in another post the place will MELT the EFF down after the picks for the 1st round are in.  NUCLEAR.  MELT.  DOWN.

Go Bills!

35 minutes ago, kdiggz said:

trade up to 3.  oh wait...

but seriously, not sure how they let the Jets beat them to the punch.  12, 22, 53, 65, next year's 2nd is more than what the Jets offered and sounds agreeable to get the 2nd QB, a QB that in any other year would be #1.

Yup....I don't see how that was anything but a big !@#$ up. 

He who hesitates is lost.

6 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

Yup....I don't see how that was anything but a big !@#$ up. 

He who hesitates is lost.

We have no idea what happened. It’s not a !@#$ up if the Colts didn’t want to move to the 12th pick. For all we know the Colts pick up a haul of picks and still end up with the player they want.  You can’t force teams to make trades against their own interest. 

1 hour ago, Max Fischer said:

We have no idea what happened. It’s not a !@#$ up if the Colts didn’t want to move to the 12th pick. For all we know the Colts pick up a haul of picks and still end up with the player they want.  You can’t force teams to make trades against their own interest. 

Yup, that's true.  But if this is the year to grab a franchise QB and the Bills don't come away with one, that's a big step back.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Man, I've been telling everyone all along that the Giants will not be picking a QB with the #2 overall pick.  They need to fix their defense first.  I could definitely be wrong, cuz we all know that it's very difficult to predict the way the draft will actually turn out, but the Giants wanna win now and they know they can do that with Eli and a better defense.

2 hours ago, kdiggz said:

trade up to 3.  oh wait...

but seriously, not sure how they let the Jets beat them to the punch.  12, 22, 53, 65, next year's 2nd is more than what the Jets offered and sounds agreeable to get the 2nd QB, a QB that in any other year would be #1.

The Colts wanted to stay near the top if the draft

10 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

Yup, that's true.  But if this is the year to grab a franchise QB and the Bills don't come away with one, that's a big step back.

They'll draft a QB. But you can't assume it's a franchise guy regardless of where they pick.

Colts/Jets trade definitely burned us at the moment. 

But,.... Does anyone else think a "behind the scenes" deal was already in place? Getting a 3rd for Tyrod definitely had the feel of a pending future transaction with the Browns. Unfortunately the Jets screwed that up jumping to 3. Now the only game is with the Giants if they covet a particular. Hope the friendship between Gettleman and Beane is on good terms.