3-21: AJ McCarron on WGR

1 hour ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

We'll see. It's a pretty lucrative living as a abckup QB in the NFL. 

Oh no doubt about that. I bet there are few jobs out there better than a career backup QB....loads of $$ (compared to average working stiffs), Fans typically fawn over you when the team is doing bad, no pressure to win, etc.  BUT, I also imagine that for a guy who grew up  poor with nothing but being the best quarterback on his mind, A guy who won championships on every team he has ever played on ('cept Cincy), and who TRULY BELIEVES he is the best QB on the field at any given time, a guy like that might have too much pride to spend a career holding a clip board for some young whipper snapper.

I don't know how NFL retirement works, but I imagine he'll be ok after this contract...it doesn't take much to live comfortably in 'Bama...and he will likely never have to buy a drink or meal as long as he lives around here :)

6 hours ago, Moonzoo said:

OK, I realize this sounds like football = soap opera for men.

But I have bought into the Zay and AJ story lines, and will be deeply interested in seeing them both wildly succeed.

Don't get crazay on us now. 

7 hours ago, Dalton said:

The best case scenario:

1.  Bills draft a QB who has the potential to be the franchise QB.

2.  He sits out 2018 and develops

3.  AJ plays and plays lights out.

4.  Bills trade AJ for high draft pick to QB needy team in 2019

Best. we scenario: Bills win the Super Bowl.

11 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

And you saw this where his 2-2 record with Very Tyrod like games?

In four games he completed 86 out of 133 passes for a 64.7 completion percentage. He threw for 920 yards in those games. He threw six touchdowns and two interceptions. His quarterback reading was 93.6. So I ask you: 

In what universe does Taylor ever put up those numbers? This may not be a lot of data. But what is there is impressive. 

Forget trading up.  I say use the picks to improve the team.  There is buzz that this draft has around 70 starting quality players, and the Bills have a shot at 5 of them.  Use those to address holes (MLB, DL, OL, WR) and take a QB in the 3rd round to compete with AJM and NP. 

12 hours ago, ******* said:

Poor speaker in my opinion after listening to him

As long as he can communicate in the huddle WHO CARES that's what counts !!

I am so stoked can't wait to see him on the field this year !!

Edited by T master
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Hurricane Marv said:

Was half expecting a trainwreck from that one poster's comment but he's really not a bad speaker at all, he's just Southern.  He actually seems relatively bright and genuine.

He’s from Mobile. Some people are ignorant enough to believe that a southern accent equates to being stupid.

• Like (+1) 1