Dan Patrick: Bills have called Browns about #1 pick

4 minutes ago, Chuck Wagon said:

It makes about as much sense as the Jets trading three 2nd rounders to live with potentially the 3rd QB available.

Maybe but you have to assume Jets are not completely out of their minds.  Desperate, yes.  Spending that kind of draft capital on a RB when McCown and Bridgewater are your QB's makes the Watkins trade-up look like a stroke of genius.  

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Just a gut feeling, but it’s possible that Gettleman asked for less or the same for #2 to 12 than the Colts did for 3 to 12, which is why Beane didn’t do the deal for 3. Now that the deal for 3 is done, it’s back to the negotiation table for Beane and Gettleman. 

I am also wondering if we talked to them about #4. I think making sure we give NYG a high enough #1 is extremely important in this trade...

If Beane determines that he should move up in the draft, He should go after Clevelands number 1,. Like I said in a post about a week ago. Things have changed since last week. He can offer the  two number i's,   a number 2 a number i from next year and a number 2 from next year and if that is not enough a number 3 from this year. Then Beane is in charge .That leaves the Bill's with a 2,3,4,5,5,6. this year and a top of number 3 next year, and a 100 million cap space.It also provides the Brown 's with some breathing room for their draft picks.

Its simple economics, really. Beane can set (or inflate) the price of the first overall pick. And the beauty of not trading for the 3rd overall pick with the colts is that the Jets just had to part with 3 potential starters to potentailly draft a qb that could have been there at 6 but now might not be there at 3.

Whomever goes to New York will be in a tough place, given their holes, as well.

8 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

So did they or didn't they? 

The other thread says the NFL said it never happened. 

Which story is Fake News?  

If I had to guess they did reach out. Why wouldn’t they? The Browns May have just said “not interested” and hung up. One side can interpret that as talking and the other as a no.