Time for Beane to Call Gettleman - Beane Says the Bills Have the Capital to Get to #2

8 minutes ago, PIZ said:

I'm following this guy too.  Is he a legit insider?

Probably not but he has been on wgr and he's slightly more reliable than the kid from cheektowaga whose boss is friends with Brandon

• Thank you (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, PIZ said:

I'm following this guy too.  Is he a legit insider?

He also posted that the Barkley stuff isn’t true and they have honed in on Quenton Nelson. Which would really be a great pick for them and fit with Gettleman’s hog Mollie thing. Anyway, he’s slotted right to go right  around 6-7. And then you have Ballard basically saying he’s ok to go to 12. I could see a trade to Colts sometime this week prior to the draft, and then up to 2 if their guy is there on draft night.

Edited by YoloinOhio

5 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I could see a trade to Colts sometime this week prior to the draft, and then up to 2 if their guy is there on draft night.

That would be awesome and would be a sign the agreement with Giants could be real.  Any idea what it would cost to go from 12 to 6?  Then 6 to 2?  Would the Bills have any picks left after 2 trade ups?

Where is all of this Dolphins looking to trade up with the Colts coming from?  Is there desird for a QB real?

1 minute ago, PIZ said:

That would be awesome and would be a sign the agreement with Giants could be real.  Any idea what it would cost to go from 12 to 6?  Then 6 to 2?  Would the Bills have any picks left after 2 trade ups?

It will be costly!

Trade to 6 might be: 12, 22, 65

Trade to 2 might be: 6, 53, next year's 1st

We are basically getting tag teamed by 2 teams knowing we are desperate to do the deal. We would be overpaying by a lot

29 minutes ago, kdiggz said:

It will be costly!

We are basically getting tag teamed by 2 teams knowing we are desperate to do the deal. We would be overpaying by a lot

According to " the chart" 12 to 5 is Bills pick at 12 +  2 second rounders . So 12, 53, 56 sounds about the right # of points. 

3 hours ago, Boatdrinks said:

According to " the chart" 12 to 5 is Bills pick at 12 +  2 second rounders . So 12, 53, 56 sounds about the right # of points. 

Doesn't work like that when it's for a QB unfortunately

7 hours ago, Boatdrinks said:

The colts have three seconds this year right? Do they really want 5? I’d say a second this year and one next year. 

2 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

The colts have three seconds this year right? Do they really want 5? I’d say a second this year and one next year. 

Take the 2 this year and start packaging them to move up back into the 1st.

• Like (+1) 1

IMO people are reading the Chad Forbes tweet wrong. He’s saying trade down, then back up. Ie Giants trade 2 to 12 then back to 6 or 7. 

I think that move would be a lot cheaper for them then us doing the work. Right now you’ve potentially got Miami / Buffalo / Arizona / etc jockeying for position on a QB. But if we go to 2, that could dry the QB market up for 6/7, giving a lot less competition on a trade package back up. 

• Like (+1) 3

31 minutes ago, Chuck Wagon said:

IMO people are reading the Chad Forbes tweet wrong. He’s saying trade down, then back up. Ie Giants trade 2 to 12 then back to 6 or 7. 

I think that move would be a lot cheaper for them then us doing the work. Right now you’ve potentially got Miami / Buffalo / Arizona / etc jockeying for position on a QB. But if we go to 2, that could dry the QB market up for 6/7, giving a lot less competition on a trade package back up. 

It all depends on who is motivated more to do the trades. If NYG and Colts really want to trade down because they want additional picks and have players identified they think will be there at those drop down spots, and the Bills can convince them they would be ok staying at 12 and aren’t desperate, they will get a better deal. If the other teams know the Bills are the most motivated party and they aren’t all that hell bent on getting more picks, it will take more to make it happen. 

Edited by YoloinOhio

The Giants don't seem to want to trade down unless they get an offer they can't refuse

Gettleman wasn't kidding when he said he expected to get a "gold jacket" player at No. 2, which is why he also said "you can't get too cute" at that spot. Passing on a potential Hall-of-Famer to accumulate a couple of extra second- or third-rounders would seem to be the definition of getting "too cute." So they probably won't. Asked about the possibility of a trade down, one team source said "Why would we do that and pass on either the best quarterback or best player on our board?" Good question. And if they do it, don't expect them to drop very far. Pick 6 or 7 would seem to be the floor. I'm doubtful they'd drop lower than 5.

I’m just pissed off that the Colts are willing to trade down again when we could have just gotten their pick to begin with.  I thought the whole point of them trading with the Jets was because they didn’t want to drop down too far.

Edited by JaCrispy
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

I’m just pissed off that the Colts are willing to trade down again when we could have just gotten their pick to begin with.  I thought the whole point of them trading with the Jets was because they didn’t want to drop down too far.

They may have thought they could double dip (they can)... and/or the  Bills may not have wanted to do a deal that early. 

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, kdiggz said:

It will be costly!

I keep seeing people (fans) say Bills are desperate to do a deal.  No they are not.  some fans are desperate to see them do a deal.  If Beane were that desperate he could have already given away all the picks necessary to make a deal long before now; the proverbial offer Gettleman can't refuse.  Nothing about Beane's M.O. suggests he operates out of desperation; that dude is cold blooded.

if he sat still and picked at 12 I wouldn't be surprised at all.

Edited by purple haze
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, purple haze said:

I keep seeing people (fans) say Bills are desperate to do a deal.  No they are not.  some fans are desperate to see them do a deal.  If Beane were that desperate he could have already given away all the picks necessary to make a deal long before now; the proverbial offer Gettleman can't refuse.  Nothing about Beane's M.O. suggests he operates out of desperation; that dude is cold blooded.

Bills are completely desperate. It's been reported they already offered 3 1st round picks for #2 and Giants turned it down. You can't trade up if you don't have a willing partner no matter how crazy the offer is

11 minutes ago, kdiggz said:

Bills are completely desperate. It's been reported they already offered 3 1st round picks for #2 and Giants turned it down. You can't trade up if you don't have a willing partner no matter how crazy the offer is

No.  Complete desperation is giving Gettleman what he wants.  Desperation is giving him the offer he can't refuse. Three 1s to go from 12 to 2 is fair enough when asking a team to go from a blue chip talent to a (perceived) lesser talent.   Teams picking higher than the Bills are now have given up more draft capital to jump up less spots.

Desperation would be offering 12, 22, 53, 65, a 2019 1st and 3rd and a 2020 3rd.   I bet Gettleman would not refuse that.  But that would be a bad deal.  Beane is no fool.  Not even for one of these QBs.  

But a willing trade partner is key is key and why I won't be surprised to see Beane keep all our picks and take the BPA.

Edited by purple haze
  • Like (+1) 1