DT Star Lotulelei to Bills!

4 hours ago, Jay_Fixit said:

I get it, but Lotulelei at 28, isn’t exactly new.

MD was 28 too. Im just excited to see Beane bring in someone that he knows. I think his work ethic comparable to MD’s is really going to produce results. They seem to get guys that really work hard and there results flashes it last year.

9 hours ago, WMDman said:

wonder how much

enough apparently. :P

I am a big fan of this.

Not because he is some glitzy killer NT. Because he fills a major hole ( pun intended ) Bills need a guy who takes two to block in the run game for McBeane 4-3

We did NOT have that last year.

Like mentioned low stats but can be very effective. Be fun to see how they rebuild the line. More coming i bet for front seven next

Go Bills

• Like (+1) 1

He def dropped off the past two seasons... Let's hope he was playing hurt or the departure of McDermott had something to do with that. In any case the guy has the talent to be one of the best at his position let's hope McDermott can get him back up to snuff. I'm glad they got a DT and that's 1 last big need now. I think him and Kyle will make for a nice duo.

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I really feel we are moving up and will have to package multiple picks to get to 2 or 3......which means a few less picks to fill needs.  This fills a major need.

I think the Bills actually like Adolphus Washington too.

So now we need a right tackle, MLB, speed WR and more depth on the oline.

And perhaps not. definitely need those positions filled you noted

3 hours ago, Turk71 said:

I take pff with a grain of salt. Hard to argue with their list of fa dts though and their run stop % is not subjective. They are not the only source who have seen a major decline in his play, I read about it before I checked pff. Here is from sb nation Panthers page. https://www.catscratchreader.com/2018/3/5/17075718/is-nfl-carolina-panthers-defensive-tackle-star-lotulelei-worth-4-years-40-million

since McDermott left you mean ?  lol/

1 minute ago, Royale with Cheese said:

When I said liked him, not as in they see him as the next great DT.  McDermott employs a heavy DT rotation and they like him enough to be one of the 4.  

He should be the early down DT as Kyle should  2-3rd generally speaking. That's another reason i like this pick up. Fits well into a strong rotation over 3 downs and run downs.

Sure he needs to get back to form, but who better to accomplish that than McD and Frazier

7 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

He should be the early down DT as Kyle should  2-3rd generally speaking. That's another reason i like this pick up. Fits well into a strong rotation over 3 downs and run downs.

Sure he needs to get back to form, but who better to accomplish that than McD and Frazier

He definitely fills a need and I hope McD brings out the best in him. I just thought he would be too high priced based on his draft pedigree and how he played his first couple seasons. So glad Kyle is coming back, he is still playing at a good level and means so much to the rest of the team. I think they definitely improved the position. I have a bad back right now and have been pretty cranky, so that may have played a part in my negative reaction. I am actually pretty excited about what they are doing and looking forward to what they do next.

Just now, Turk71 said:

He definitely fills a need and I hope McD brings out the best in him. I just thought he would be too high priced based on his draft pedigree and how he played his first couple seasons. So glad Kyle is coming back, he is still playing at a good level and means so much to the rest of the team. I think they definitely improved the position. I have a bad back right now and have been pretty cranky, so that may have played a part in my negative reaction. I am actually pretty excited about what they are doing and looking forward to what they do next.

I have a permanently bad back and am always cranky. :angry:
And even I am pretty stoked to watch the events unfold. :D

Go Bills! For Rell this Time 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, vincec said:

Still need to be looking at DL in round 1, IMO (assuming we still have another pick left after QB). DT or DE would both work.

They need a couple D so bpa might be best. 

Just now, GunnerBill said:

Has the contract come out yet? I don't think anyone should be surprised by this move  it isn't an exciting move either but he is a solid starter. The question with him is not talent it is desire. 

and we should trust the FO for now at least.

3 minutes ago, vincec said:

Still need to be looking at DL in round 1, IMO (assuming we still have another pick left after QB). DT or DE would both work.

1 minute ago, 3rdand12 said:

They need a couple D so bpa might be best. 

I think a great linebacker is the most glaring need on defense. They need their Luke Kuechly.

1 hour ago, GreggTX said:

For depth? I don't want him in the starting lineup. He's not very good. Solid backup, though. I just hope we didn't pay him starter money.

I would assume 5 year deals aren’t handed out to backups.

9 minutes ago, Turk71 said:

I think a great linebacker is the most glaring need on defense. They need their Luke Kuechly.

Agreed 110%

Can they acquire such a jewel this season? And what are they willing to sacrifice? Is that time his year?
But yes. The defense McD likes  /believes in is coming. Back to front. and maybe soon to fill middle bits.

I think  draft is where they want to look. Thoughts ?