Flight Tracker SZN!

40 minutes ago, bobobonators said:

I wouldnt belive a single word from anyone in the Bills org at this time. 

I get that Beane has, in the past, commented on bldg the team through the draft. But the QB position is another animal in my opinion. You have zero guarantees you’ll get your guy on draft day. You dont have that kind of unilateral control. FA has to be plan A. And the draft has to be plan B. 

Correct.   I would include ALL teams "at this time".    

You need to build with a smart draft and FA.  Look how well the draft alone served Cleveland these past 2 seasons ... 

(yeah probably a poor example) 

2 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

When the option is "sign a big FA QB" vs trade up for a top guy in the draft, it's actually not inconsistent with what Beane has said - if you keep more of your draft picks because you signed 1 FA vs trading picks for a QB, you can build more of the team through the draft.

I will be stunned if the Bills do anything other than what you describe.  

If they're in the Cousins sweepstakes and get him then they might even postpone taking a QB.   If they don't get Cousins, they'll get one of the other vets, Keenum probably being the next best choice.   Then the Bills will use one of their picks on a rookie QB, maybe even trade up 10 spots or so if someone they really like is there.   

Although as you and others have pointed out, Beane's said a lot of things at different times, one thing he's consistent on - he plans to build through the draft.   He's said that's the best way to build because that's the cheapest talent out there.   They clearly believed that they can coach young players and make them useful in their first and second years in the league - Milano being one example.  He's already shown he'll spend a few million here or there to plug holes, which he's done with three free agents already, but he wants to build through the draft.   That also tells me that if the right QB is there in free agency, he'll be willing to write a big check, because he MUST get a good QB and he doesn't need cap room to plug holes because he intends to do that in the draft.  

The reason people are interested in the Pegula plane is because it's nearly certain that there is some big QB news coming in the next couple of days.   We will know the presumptive starter by the end of the week.   Only way that guy will not be the starter will be if (1) he gets injured or (2) some rookie really impresses through pre-season, like Wentz did.  

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Brees?  Hahahahahaha no.

Cousins, it wouldn't surprise me if the Bills make a play for him, but from the Cousins POV I would expect him to turn them down.

Keenum or Foles (not FA), maybe

Bradford or Bridgewater, Please No.  Please No.

TBH, I don't have a clue what McBeane will do.  I didn't think they'd trade Dareus mid-season, and I didn't think they'd trade TT until they had someone else on the roster.

Even Bradford or Bridgewater.   The Bills will go to camp with a veteran QB as the presumptive starter, someone who has had SOME measure of success.   Bradford and Bridgewater have their problems, for sure, but they've had actual success.   

In my mind, they won't get Cousins and Keenum has to be the guy they're targeting.   He's spent five years in the league, kicking around, learning the game.   Then last season he started 14 games and showed he can play well consistently.   Had some rough outings, but everyone has those.   Keenum is the kind of guy who will at least be fine for the next couple of years while the Bills find the right youngster to grow into the job, and Keenum might also grow up into a quality starter who gives you a 95+ passer rating every season, in which case you have your starter.   He's as good as Tyrod, for sure, and has better upside.  Decent size, savvy.   

Spotrac estimates his annual salary value around $21 million on a four-year deal.   I'd guess that's about right, and I'd guess you'd have to guarantee two years of that.    Not an unreasonable price to know you're starting 2018 with a decent starter.  

3 minutes ago, BadLandsMeanie said:

5 bucks says they will

Done.  

18 minutes ago, smuvtalker said:

A month ago Reed83HOF gets me....now you....damm u both and damm me for falling TWICE!!!   

I can't un-see that #%&$*# now...

I'm pretty happy I didn't get burned this time........Canadian Bills Fan saved me by tipping us off.

28 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

Even Bradford or Bridgewater.   The Bills will go to camp with a veteran QB as the presumptive starter, someone who has had SOME measure of success.   Bradford and Bridgewater have their problems, for sure, but they've had actual success.   

In my mind, they won't get Cousins and Keenum has to be the guy they're targeting.   He's spent five years in the league, kicking around, learning the game.   Then last season he started 14 games and showed he can play well consistently.   Had some rough outings, but everyone has those.   Keenum is the kind of guy who will at least be fine for the next couple of years while the Bills find the right youngster to grow into the job, and Keenum might also grow up into a quality starter who gives you a 95+ passer rating every season, in which case you have your starter.   He's as good as Tyrod, for sure, and has better upside.  Decent size, savvy.   

Spotrac estimates his annual salary value around $21 million on a four-year deal.   I'd guess that's about right, and I'd guess you'd have to guarantee two years of that.    Not an unreasonable price to know you're starting 2018 with a decent starter.  

I wouldn't mind this. But I personally think McD and Beane are too young for that. I think they will want the best guy they can get and if they see him, they will do whatever they can to get him

What I would love is to be in the mix of the deciders and to have all that film on all these guys and be watching every little detail of every frame of film. And then narrow it down and watch the top contenders again, both free agent and draft guys. 

Obviously this is all my BS but I think they may have a deal with the Browns to move to 4. I think that because I also think that the 65th pick for Tyrod was too much because it is also a "deposit" by the Browns to seal the draft day deal. Like when you put a deposit on a house or something to show you are serious before you come back with the real money. The Browns will get that pick back unless they back out of the deal in which case the Bills will have to find another deal but get extra value for Tyrod as compensation.

Or Im just nuts.

Looking at the QB prospects I think McD and Beane are guys who look at what you have done more so than what your potential could be. Like Tre White. He already did the work. He wasn't raw athletic talent. He was polished up because he got on Youtube or  got books or got extra coaching or whatever and did the work to get his technique to a pro level before he ever got here. That tells you something about a man especially if you are McD or Beane, I think.

One of the top prospects did that. One has studied the game and by reports is the most advanced with the mental aspect of it. And one has already taught himself professional level technique. That is Rosen. So I think they want Rosen.

But I am not sure Rosen is likely to be there #4 so there is where my elaborate hunch breaks down.

Done. 

You all heard him! Keep that 5 bucks  handy Shaw you might need it pretty soon!

Edited by BadLandsMeanie

2 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

That may be true, but they can agree in principal and do everything but put pen to paper until that point.  In fact I'm sure that teams and agents have been in contact since it became clear that the old team wasn't bringing them back.  If the Agents don't put feelers out on day 1 they aren't doing their jobs.

Just now, HiddenInLight said:

That may be true, but they can agree in principal and do everything but put pen to paper until that point.  In fact I'm sure that teams and agents have been in contact since it became clear that the old team wasn't bringing them back.  If the Agents don't put feelers out on day 1 they aren't doing their jobs.

Many of these deals are already in place, but just can't be made official. 

1 minute ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Many of these deals are already in place, but just can't be made official. 

Honestly I don't think teams treat this any different then making trades before the league new year.  They just don't make any noise about it in the event that a team gets salty that a player didn't want to stay in town and complains to the league, which is their right I guess.

5 hours ago, Like A Mofo said:

Tracking flight patterns. a Two Bills Drive tradition unlike any other

Who were the 2 posters that did all the "tracking"?

Those guys were great!

Are any of them on TSW?

3 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

Image result for rex ryan

I'll see your picture and raise you................

clown car.jpg

• Haha (+1) 1