Nigel Bradham a FA target? (Update: Re-signs with Eagles)

Bradham was a key to Eagles D in 2017 - especially after Jordan Hicks got hurt as he wore radio headset and split time between SAM and Mike.  Appears he matured in his on the field responsibilities.

Wonder if his off-field has done the same.  Had a weed pullover stop in BUF and had a weapons issue in PHL tenure.

He fits the speedy body-rocker type McD's D demands.

3 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

.interesting.....hardly has been a "choir boy" and may not fit the McD mold.......

Not dispositive, but:

The Bills signed former Giants DE Owa Odighizuwa, who was suspended for the first four games of last season for violating the leads substance abuse policy.

11 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

.interesting.....hardly has been a "choir boy" and may not fit the McD mold.......

Agreed there.  I am a fan of Nigel's though.  I love his mean streak, but, it doesn't lead to undisciplined penalties.

If the price was right this could be a very good signing. Familiar with the city and is still fairly young (Will be 29 by seasons end) and only has 6 years experience in the league so for a typical 29 year old he has less wear and tear. The Bills need linebackers badly so any move to address that position is a good idea. 

8 minutes ago, JohnBonhamRocks said:

Not dispositive, but:

The Bills signed former Giants DE Owa Odighizuwa, who was suspended for the first four games of last season for violating the leads substance abuse policy.

Nice to know.  I was unaware.  That is interesting.  What was the substance?  Weed, performance enhancing drugs or other?

It would be interesting if we can tell and/or figrue out McBeane's general stance on substance abuse and if they differentiate between performance enhancing and extracurricular drugs? 

16 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

I’ve never thought McD was looking for choir boys. What he looks for is Football character. That means guys who know how to prepare during the week, are committed to the game, are not selfish when it comes to individual stats vs team accomplishments. 

Just now, Manther said:

Nice to know.  I was unaware.  That is interesting.  What was the substance?  Weed, performance enhancing drugs or other?

It would be interesting if we can tell and/or figrue out McBeane's general stance on substance abuse and if they differentiate between performance enhancing and extracurricular drugs? 

PEDs

Edited by YoloinOhio

1 minute ago, billsfan89 said:

If the price was right this could be a very good signing. Familiar with the city and is still fairly young (Will be 29 by seasons end) and only has 6 years experience in the league so for a typical 29 year old he has less wear and tear. The Bills need linebackers badly so any move to address that position is a good idea. 

I wonder what his price tag is.  Just spit balling and would think $6-$8 million a year.  If so, I think we are not interested.

3 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I’ve never thought McD was looking for choir boys. What he looks for is Football character. That means guys who know how to prepare during the week, are committed to the game, are not selfish when it comes to individual stats vs team accomplishments. 

PEDs

I agree he wants committed, smart football players FIRST.  I am also interested to see where their thresholds are.

EDIT: Henderson was weed for "pain killing" for his disease.  He was on the team last year and we were weak at RT.  Henderson never played unless of injury or using a 6th Olinemen.  I had a sneaky suspicion that Henderson was a year prove it to the Bills that you are have your priorities together.  Just a thought.

Edited by Manther

1 minute ago, Manther said:

I agree he wants committed, smart football players FIRST.  I am also interested to see where their thresholds are.

I’m not sure re: drugs but as far as arrests go, he signed Deonte Thompson and traded up for Dion Dawkins, who both had arrests in their background.