OPINION: We have a trade partner in place

McBean

19 hours ago, McBean said:

Or feel confident we have a veteran to sign after this move today.

No way McBean goes into next season with Peterman.

IMO, an announcement will be made soon about a trade into the top 10.

Totally agree. The Bills must have something in place.

They can't let free agency play out and then bank entirely on trading up for a QB with a gun to their head. They already have their plan in place to get a QB they want. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

18 hours ago, gonzo1105 said:

This is why I think the Bills are gonna supplement with the 2019 comp picks. They are going to move some 2019 picks in a deal

21,22, 53, 65, a 2019 2nd rounder, 2019 4th rounder gets it done. You can throw in Glenn to maybe save a pick or lower the round pick you have to give up 

Again this would leave Buffalo with 

4th

2 5th round picks

1st

3rd

4th

4th(Comp for Gaines)

5th

5th(Comp for Brown)

6th

6th(Comp for Matthews)

7th

if im not mistaken the Bills already have a second 4th and 7th in 2019 from trades this past year...

Edited by Tsaikotic

14 minutes ago, Tsaikotic said:

if im not mistaken the Bills already have a second 4th and 7th in 2019 from trades this past year...

I did forget the 7th we got for Seymour, but in my trade scenario we would give up a 4th rounder in 19 but still have KCs and the Comp Pick giving us 2 instead of 3

21 hours ago, Steptide said:

I say give the giants our first 3 picks for their 1st, we'd still have all our normal picks in place 

I don't think that is enough to get to #2

20 hours ago, Logic said:

I agree that the Bills have a trade-up in principle OR feel confident in signing one of the top FA QBs. As OP said, there's no way they make the Tyrod trade without having a concrete plan in place. 

With two 1sts, two 2nds, and two 3rds, not to mention their filling of roster holes before FA even starts...all signs point to a trade-up for a QB. If you STILL don't see these signs for what they are, I can't help you. It's gonna happen.

I think there is a plan in place.  But, without a plan you still trade TT as that is awesome value and there are better QB's in FA

19 hours ago, dezertbill said:

It's either/or.  If the Bills don't sign a veteran that can come in and start from week 1 then they have a partner in place for the draft to move up.

My favorites would be Giants (Gettlemen/Beane History) or Browns.  With Browns trading for Tyrod I don't see them taking a QB early first round.   You take a guy 4th overall he is going to start this year.  You don't trade a 3rd rounder for a guy you are going to sit.  This is good news for Bills fans. 

If Cousins goes to Jets or Broncos then the Bills may be able to move up top 6 and get there guy without giving up the house.

Although trading TT for a 3rd today screams piling up ammo for big move up.

I disagree.  I don't think TT to the Browns for a 3rd means anything in the Bills or Browns draft.  Browns have a QB to fall back to if their rookie isn't ready to start.  That's it.  

TT was not in the Bills plans and we got an asset for him.  Nothing changes in the Bills plans.

Browns have something like $100 million in cap room.  They gave us too much for TT, but, nothing suggests he is starting or not.  IMO he is just a back up plan and a 3rd round pick is too much for that.

Go Bills!

I think the Browns and Bills both take a QB in the 1st round.  I think the Bills sign a FA QB too.

In short, Browns have a back up QB that cost them a 3rd round pick.  Bills got a 3rd and will sign a better back up or semi starter in FA.

Big win for us!

16 hours ago, billspro said:

Would not be surprising if they knew Allen was going 1. Barkley will go either number 2 or number 3. That would leave either Rosen or Darnold at number 4. They could have a trade worked out with the Browns already. 

I would rather give up 21, 53, 65, next years 1st, and 2020 2nd.

Hopefully we can get our guy at #3 or #4. Pretty sure the Giants go with Barkley.

Sure, giving up picks two years down the road is good for us.  But, I don't think they want that!

6 hours ago, dave mcbride said:

My hunch is that the Giants are the partner (Gettleman and Beane worked together for years), and that the Bills now have the ammo to do it: 21, 22, 53, and 65. That is a HAUL, and yet it still leaves the Bills with a pick in every round. I think Darnold is the target, and I also think the Browns are taking Barkley at one. The trade for Taylor also suggests for me that they're taking a qb is going to sit for a year, and Josh Allen is the likely candidate there. He is clearly the most physically talented qb to come along in some time.  I am guessing he is there at 4.

I would lean towards we have a deal at #2 with the New York Football Giants too!  Good relationships and needs that mesh together.  If you are going to acquire something along the lines of 21, 22, 53 and 65 for #2..........if I am the Giants I want to know before hand to set up my draft board.  Big difference having #2 and having # 21, 22, 53 and 65.  Planning for the New York Football Giants would make the move have a better chance of success. 

5 hours ago, KelsaysLunchbox said:

Really, I think they have talked to several teams and know what it would take to get into draft positions 2-10ish. They will let the draft play out and pounce when they feel we can get the best player at the best value. Just my opinion, of course. But I feel like they have a plan and several fall back plans. Trading Tyrod now just tells me they are confident that everything is going to be ok.

That is a good plan.....usually.  I have a feeling we have so much draft capital and relationships with the FOs in the top 10 draft slots in the draft and timing along with timing and this is just setting up well for us!

I think we have our basis' covered and have some option/trades already in place.

1. Cleveland - Dorsey - good rapport (traded with for Mahomes last year)

2. New York Football Giants - Gettlemen from the Carolina Panthers with McBeane

3. Indianapolis - meh, Frank Reich (don't expect anything from it, but, maybe a tie breaker)

4. Cleveland - Dorsey - good rapport (traded with for Mahomes last year)

5. Denver

6. New York Jets

7. Tampa Bay

8. Chicago

9. San Franscisco

10. Oakland

21 hours ago, apuszczalowski said:

Probably need to give them both 1sts, 2nds, and 3rds. Everyone knows Buffalo is desperate now to get someone that's capable in starting next season right away.

I thinking more likely we hear they have a deal in place in a trade for a starting QB over one in place for a draft spot.

Desperate yes, but with the draft and free agency there are several options. IMO if the Bills went the free agent approach, free agents will listen, because they WILL be the starter. Any team trading a draft pick still has the upper hand in a big way, but i doubt there would be an outright fleece of Buffalo's draft picks  compared to other teams.

13 minutes ago, Manther said:

That is a good plan.....usually.  I have a feeling we have so much draft capital and relationships with the FOs in the top 10 draft slots in the draft and timing along with timing and this is just setting up well for us!

I think we have our basis' covered and have some option/trades already in place.

1. Cleveland - Dorsey - good rapport (traded with for Mahomes last year)

2. New York Football Giants - Gettlemen from the Carolina Panthers with McBeane

3. Indianapolis - meh, Frank Reich (don't expect anything from it, but, maybe a tie breaker)

4. Cleveland - Dorsey - good rapport (traded with for Mahomes last year)

5. Denver

6. New York Jets

7. Tampa Bay

8. Chicago

9. San Franscisco

10. Oakland

IMO Indianapolis might be the biggest wild card of them all. Not because Reich was a Bill, but because he is a new head coach.

31 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

Guys have got to have a plan in place 

Followed by multiple contingency plans. You take every possible outcome into consideration, then you pray a lot. 

22 hours ago, Steptide said:

I say give the giants our first 3 picks for their 1st, we'd still have all our normal picks in place 

22 hours ago, apuszczalowski said:

Probably need to give them both 1sts, 2nds, and 3rds. Everyone knows Buffalo is desperate now to get someone that's capable in starting next season right away.

I thinking more likely we hear they have a deal in place in a trade for a starting QB over one in place for a draft spot.

https://www.drafttek.com/NFL-Trade-Value-Chart.asp?RequestTeam=BUF

According to the draft value charts, the #2 overall pick is worth 2600.

The Bills two 1sts, two 2nds and two 3rds equals 2680. 

So my guess is that is the minimum it'll take. If other teams offer higher value, it could take even more. 

6 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

https://www.drafttek.com/NFL-Trade-Value-Chart.asp?RequestTeam=BUF

According to the draft value charts, the #2 overall pick is worth 2600.

The Bills two 1sts, two 2nds and two 3rds equals 2680. 

No way!!!   That's way too much to give up for any QB, let alone the guys in this draft class.    

I'll be breaking out my pitchfork and torch if Beane pulls a stunt like that....

Edited by Lurker

36 minutes ago, downunderbill said:

IMO Indianapolis might be the biggest wild card of them all. Not because Reich was a Bill, but because he is a new head coach.

But remember that Chris Ballard is a KC guy. He's basically John Dorsey's apprentice and therefore an Andy Reid guy ala Sean McDermott. I will say that the top three teams up there have strong ties to our franchise. 

You will not know until draft day what the Bill's are going to do. There are to many variables in place. The teams all have their own interests in mind and a lot can change between now and then.They can approach different teams with proposals tha,t are commensurate with both teams, if the draft falls a certain way. The Bill's know what the terms are and the other team the same. There may be " adjustments" at the 10 minutes they have to draft but the essentials are done.That means that if the Bill's are going to move up they will have "secret" scenarios with multiple teams  and depending on which scenarios works, they go for it. 

Edited by Wily Dog
context