The Colts' #3 Pick is Very Much in Play - Acquired by the NYJ

5 minutes ago, Nitro said:

Here is a scenario no one wants to see.  Cleveland takes Rosen at 1.  Bills trade with the Colts for 3 and NY Giants select Darnold then trade him to the NY Jets for a slew of picks in the draft.  

I would love to see the Jets waste a slew of high picks on that turnover machine from QB Bust University.  And I would love it if we got Allen or Mayfield.  

Oh, and we could then swap picks with the Browns so that they could pick Barkley, recouping another pick or two.

Edited by mannc

10 minutes ago, bkep32 said:

I think browns will go allen, giants take barkley, then we trade 12, 22 and next years 2nd to get to #3 and take darnold, colts have a lot of holes to fill, yes chubb sounds great but getting 2 in top 22 would be nice to start filling out their roster.  Dont be surprised of OBD gets this trade completed b4 the draft.

I absolutely think Barkley is going 1 or 2.  If we really are deep in talks with the Colts, it's because we know a player we are comfortable taking is going to be available, bottom line.  These supposed "what happens if, oh no!" scenarios are dumb and pointless.

8 minutes ago, Nitro said:

Here is a scenario no one wants to see.  Cleveland takes Rosen at 1.  Bills trade with the Colts for 3 and NY Giants select Darnold then trade him to the NY Jets for a slew of picks in the draft.  

I don't think we have to worry about Giants trading with Jets.  I think Giants want Barkley.  If Bills trade up to 3, it forces Cleveland to take a QB at 1 because Bills would still have enough draft picks to outbid Cleveland for Giants pick at 2.  

The Giants #2 pick should be the target. Go all in. Big game hunting.

We have more than enough ammo to get there and still have picks left over. Gettleman and Beane are buds.

Git r dun.

Browns would be nuts to pass on Barkley #1. Get your top talent, and they'll still get (at worst) the 3rd crack at QB.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Mike Rodak
The Bills now own the No. 12 and No. 22 picks in the first round, increasing the odds that they could make a move into the top five to take a QB.

There is reason to believe Buffalo could find trading partners in the New York Giants (No. 2 selection) or Indianapolis Colts (No. 3), both of which do not have immediate needs at quarterback and could value a volume of high-round picks from Buffalo. If the Browns draft a quarterback at No. 1, they could have incentive to deal with the Bills at No. 4 should a quarterback the Bills covet remain available.

30 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Not high enough.

Speaking of which... me neither, brb.

Why not high enough?  Not you, the pick.

You figure even either Cleveland or NYG is likely to take Barkley.  If Cleveland takes Barkley then I can imagine NYG might trade back and another team that wants one of the top 3 qb's will jump in to get him.

That being said, we still have 2 of the 3 top prospects to pick from which is pretty damn good.

41 minutes ago, BuffaloRebound said:

I don't think we have to worry about Giants trading with Jets.  I think Giants want Barkley.  If Bills trade up to 3, it forces Cleveland to take a QB at 1 because Bills would still have enough draft picks to outbid Cleveland for Giants pick at 2.  

Gettleman is key here. Perhaps he told Beane that if Cleveland goes QB, the Gmen are taking Barkley. This could be the Giants and Bills teaming up to get their guy. Giants want to maim Cleveland into taking a QB, Buffalo wants either Rosen or Darnold. But the key is Gettleman.

Edited by NewDayBills
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, Chuck Wagon said:

12 / 22 / 65 is worth more than 3 on the chart

If they want 53 instead of 65 so they really feel like they "win" , who cares (especially if we could get them to kick back 140 or 178 so we finish "down" 1 pick)

Just get it done without haggling over points value. 

2 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

You figure even either Cleveland or NYG is likely to take Barkley.  If Cleveland takes Barkley then I can imagine NYG might trade back and another team that wants one of the top 3 qb's will jump in to get him.

That being said, we still have 2 of the 3 top prospects to pick from which is pretty damn good.

I'm just done with this team kitty-footing around when it comes to getting their QB. They shouldve made the Texans an offer they couldnt refuse back in 2004. Just go up and make it a sure thing. I get your logic, I dont think youre wrong, just a different opinion on the approach.

15 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Just get it done without haggling over points value. 

They don't need to wait for the Glenn & Tyrod trades to be final, do they?  I know I read there's a pick that's been traded ~3 times this offseason, not sure if 12 and/or 65 are included they can move them now or not.

11 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

I'm just done with this team kitty-footing around when it comes to getting their QB. They shouldve made the Texans an offer they couldnt refuse back in 2004. Just go up and make it a sure thing. I get your logic, I dont think youre wrong, just a different opinion on the approach.

You also need to accept that 3 might be as high as they can get.

Edited by Chuck Wagon

3 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

I get it.  I agree.  But Beane has done anything but kitty-footing around when it comes to getting picks for picks/players.  If there's a deal worth it at 2, he'll make it.  Hell, I wouldn't doubt he's on the horn with Cleveland to see what the #1 would cost.

2 minutes ago, Chuck Wagon said:

You also need to accept that 3 might be as high as they can get.

I'll accept whatever they do, mostly because... what other choice do we have? haha.

Plus, Beane has already shown he's making moves, so even if nothing else happens, I'd believe they were TRYING in the background. I think that's pretty obvious.

That all said, packaging #12, #22, #56, and #96 should be enough to get us to #2 (assuming Giants are willing to trade out at all). We are more in control of our own destiny than this team has been in a very long time.

16 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

I know its been popular of late, but I can't get behind Cleveland passing on a QB at #1.  

Just now, stony said:

I know its been popular of late, but I can't get behind Cleveland passing on a QB at #1.  

I don't think they will either and I think the Giants are going to hold on to #2 for Barkley unless someone throws them a ludicrous deal at them (even then, Barkley isn't the type of player you trade out of picking).