I Do Believe Foles is the Target

H2o

The only way I want Foles is if the cost to acquire him is cheap, and the plan is to have him as a bridge QB. 

A 2nd is the absolute most Id give up for Foles and im not even crazy about that. 

I get why hes enticing to some. Id said myself that I'd love to have him after watching that SB performance. When he's playing well, he can look great. But the problem is that's he's been consistently up and down in his career, and when he's down he can look pretty bad.. Even during his career 2013 year he was kind of up and down. 

There is a reason that he hasn't ever been a full time starter for an entire season in his whole NFL career. It's not like he's all that young either. He's 29. So he probably is what he is at this point. 

Edited by BillsFan4
  • Like (+1) 1

anybody find it odd that Foles' fall from grace began when Chip Kelly started offloading receiving talent and continued at the Rams with Tavon Austin as the #1? Yet he finds success tossing jump balls to Alshon Jeffrey for 50 yard TD chunks, finds Agholor on the slant, and has a good offensive line? I don't. THESE OTHER COMPONENTS MATTER PEOPLE.

27 minutes ago, BuffaloBillsGospel said:

2nd year QB Jared Goff had no problem throwing to the dumpster fire, it was virtually the same team with Watkins inserted was it not? And isn't the QB supposed to make the WR around him better not the other way around? And KC had such a great starter in Alex Smith that they shipped him off to Washington in favor of a guy who had 1 career start. My guess is if they would have saw anything in Foles as a potential starter they would have kept him in KC regardless of how well Smith was playing, Reid knows how to handle the situation. Foles looked like the next great QB in the playoffs, unfortunately from game to game that isn't the Foles you'll be getting imo.

The dumpster fire had nothing to do with the receivers, and everything to do with coaching/scheme fit. Goff did not look good under the previous regime, neither did Case Keenum. Two QB's performing well after getting away from the Jeff Fisher regime could be a coincidence, 3 is not. And no... It was not the same team at all.... The three top receivers on the depth chart were all new, the LT was new, and most of all, the coaching was new. 

I can't actually answer the Alex Smith portion of your response because if you actually believe what you typed, there isn't anything I can say to show you how wrong you are.

As for what KC did or did not see in Foles, there's a big difference between a QB who is the backup, and a guy who just showed up on the two biggest stages in the NFL... I don't know what Foles will look like in the future, but neither do you. 

Edited by whatdrought

Would be an upgrade over Tyrod in the same offense. Would have been great under Roman. I hope this happens but only if they run the offense they started to run at the midpoint last year. Foles is basically Cam Newton.

Edited by CuddyDark

29 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Is he bringing the coaching staff and personnel with him to the Bills?  Nope.  He's already shown what kind of QB he is outside of a Chip Kelly styled offense that features RPOs with a strong supporting cast and it hasn't been very good.  No thanks for me.   I want a QB who can elevate a team that's around him and that's not the guy under discussion. 

or you can look at the Rams for the shite show that they were at the time.  

31 minutes ago, BuffaloBillsGospel said:

2nd year QB Jared Goff had no problem throwing to the dumpster fire, it was virtually the same team with Watkins inserted was it not? And isn't the QB supposed to make the WR around him better not the other way around? And KC had such a great starter in Alex Smith that they shipped him off to Washington in favor of a guy who had 1 career start. My guess is if they would have saw anything in Foles as a potential starter they would have kept him in KC regardless of how well Smith was playing, Reid knows how to handle the situation. Foles looked like the next great QB in the playoffs, unfortunately from game to game that isn't the Foles you'll be getting imo.

No, no it wasn't. This past year 3 of their top 4 receivers were in their 1st year with the team (Kupp - rookie, Woods & Watkins from Buffalo) and the 4th was their RB.

2 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

How about no. Not worth it. 

Yeah. I posted it would be stupid in the last post in the thread. I should have deleted it. But I do like Foles. I think he's Cam Newton in a RPO offense. Bills would be instantly better if they run the same offense they had at the end of 2017.

Edited by CuddyDark
  • Like (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, BuffaloBillsGospel said:

This "virtually the same team" narrative is just false.

Entirely new WR corps 1-3: Woods, Watkins, and Cupp. That, along with a new, innovative, spread-out offensive coach/scheme, equals a very different team. Come on, message board people.

I think, whether it was the Bills or another team, they were inquiring about Foles to gauge interest and start formulating plans/backup plans in case FA and or the draft doesnt go the way they want it to. Similar to the Ivory signing, its doing due diligence and having flexibility. It's SMART!

I don't think Foles is really that good though. I think he was put in the perfect situation in Philly with a damn good team, damn good coaches and play caller. To me he is more of an average QB who could play good, but could also play really bad. Would I give up ONLY a second (the rumored offer) for him to be our starting QB? I lean towards no but if thats all it took and the Process thought it was the correct move and they could get the most out of Foles, then I would reluctantly be on board. 

I would doubt Foles is option A. 

As far as the rumors the Eagles want more than the 1st and 4th they got for Bradford, well DUH, what else would the Eagles say...."we would actually settle for a couple mid round picks for Foles, honestly" LOL 

It does amaze me that people know so much about what a coach entering his second draft and GM entering his first are looking for.

my hope is that there are one or two that they like/target and we get that guy. I can’t pretend to know what such an unproven staff, especially when you include Dabol, will do.

1 hour ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

That's because Foles was stinking it up during the regular season before the playoffs began.  No more Fool's Gold retreads!

Don't get me wrong, my guy I want us to get is Mayfield. But the more I think about this, the more it seems like a Beane\McDermott move. Not sure I would be elated or anything, but I would be more happy than if we ended up with Rudolph or Jackson.

If we were signing him as a FA (like if this year was next year for example) I think he would be an OK bridge if he could execute Daboll's offence and wasnt too expensive. But you get your long term starter in the draft. Hopefully this year. Foles is worth a lot more to the Eagles than he is to us.