Rumor: L.Jackson 2nd QB on Bills Board

16 minutes ago, H2o said:

I've seen him play....a lot. I don't agree with this assessment at all. 

thats the beauty of evaluating, we can all watch, a lot, and come to different conclusions at how they project at the next level. Time will tell. 

• Like (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

If Beane screws up this draft I will be so furious.

He is in near-prime position.  The Bills sort of lucked out with the draft capital they ended up with, considering what a player Tre White turned out to be.  Yes they should’ve taken a QB and yes they should’ve traded with Houston not KC, but to end up with an extra first AND a top-five (in retrospect) player, heading into a QB-stacked draft, is just amazing.

He HAS to move up and get his guy.  I don’t care what Elway is doing.  I don’t care what the Jets have going on.  THIS HAS TO BE THE YEAR - GO GET YOUR GUY BRANDON.

Staying at 21 or trading up for the sixth-best QB would be a disaster worth firing the GM for.

If they trade up for Jackson/Allen I will lose all confidence in what's going on at OBD. I'm trying to convince myself that Mayfield is the target. 

41 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

If Beane screws up this draft I will be so furious.

He is in near-prime position.  The Bills sort of lucked out with the draft capital they ended up with, considering what a player Tre White turned out to be.  Yes they should’ve taken a QB and yes they should’ve traded with Houston not KC, but to end up with an extra first AND a top-five (in retrospect) player, heading into a QB-stacked draft, is just amazing.

He HAS to move up and get his guy.  I don’t care what Elway is doing.  I don’t care what the Jets have going on.  THIS HAS TO BE THE YEAR - GO GET YOUR GUY BRANDON.

Staying at 21 or trading up for the sixth-best QB would be a disaster worth firing the GM for.

Explain how you know the sixth rated guy, at least in your opinion, will not be the best NFL QB and vice versa.  I am sure Beane would like to have your knowledge.

1 hour ago, Zerovotlz said:

....Uh.....IF the idea that Lamar Jacksons running plays were by design......and if he has been running a Bobby Petrino "Complex NFL offense"......then doesn't that just make his crap completion pct even more glaringly bad?  And wouldn't also stand to reason that if you have a QB who can run like Lamar can....and who isn't the most adept passer, you'd probably WOULD design run plays for him...lots of them.  

BUST.  Running backs don't play QB.......because they can't complete more than 60% of their passes too.  BUST.

If Louisville's WRs could catch footballs, nobody would be discussing Lamar's completion percentage. When accounting for all of the QBs dropped passes, Lamar's completion % is higher than Sam Darnold.

• Like (+1) 4

Guest K-GunJimKelly12
14 hours ago, 1billsfan said:

After the combine, I get the distinct feeling that Lamar Jackson will be going much higher than #21. IMO this will be the shocker of the night. I could see the Bills moving up to get him too.

I'm just not buying the national NFL media echo chamber of the pecking order of the QBs. I think that Jackson threw the ball well enough to settle any notion that he'd be any kind of a disaster passing the ball. The pundits picked him apart, but I saw real NFL throws with some zip on the ball. Then on top of that, you have the DeShean Watson elusiveness skills on steroids. Given a decent roster and a staff that will cater the offense to Jackson like the Texans did with Watson, I honestly do not see a better prospect than Lamar Jackson. Others throw the ball much better like Mayfield, but Jackson tops him with his crazy athletic elusive skills (rewatch the videos) and likability as a leader and the face of the franchise. I just think he will end up being better than Mayfield and all the others.

I disagree.  The guy had some nice throws against air.  If you actually watched the games, which 90%-95% of the people commenting on Jackson probably have not, he has a lot of trouble hitting open receivers, plain and simple.  A lot of Jackson defenders want to jump on people for saying isn't a good passer.  Yes, Jackson has read the field well in college and goes through his progressions like he should.  The problem is, when he decides to throw the ball he is flat out not accurate.  He is especially bad on out routes to the sideline and he will make his receivers break stride on short passes, that is one way he is very much like Tyrod.  He might have some success in the NFL, but I believe the people that think he is going to be consistently good as a passer and put up better than middle of the pack numbers as a passer are wrong.  I can see him being consistently in the bottom 3rd in passing yards as a starter.

6 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

If Louisville's WRs could catch footballs, nobody would be discussing Lamar's completion percentage. When accounting for all of the QBs dropped passes, Lamar's completion % is higher than Sam Darnold.

Watch the games.

2 minutes ago, K-GunJimKelly12 said:

I disagree.  The guy had some nice throws against air.  If you actually watched the games, which 90%-95% of the people commenting on Jackson probably have not, he has a lot of trouble hitting open receivers, plain and simple.  A lot of Jackson defenders want to jump on people for saying isn't a good passer.  Yes, Jackson has read the field well in college and goes through his progressions like he should.  The problem is, when he decides to throw the ball he is flat out not accurate.  He is especially bad on out routes to the sideline and he will make his receivers break stride on short passes, that is one way he is very much like Tyrod.  He might have some success in the NFL, but I believe the people that think he is going to be consistently good as a passer and put up better than middle of the pack numbers as a passer are wrong.  I can see him being consistently in the bottom 3rd in passing yards as a starter.

Watch the games.

I do watch/rewatched the games and the notion that he is inaccurate is just so false... Jackson is a better prospect in my opinion than Vick was 

1 hour ago, PaattMaann said:

I think, because it is the NFL and the bodies are bigger/faster/stronger, it would be an insane idea to have the boatload of designed runs for Jackson that he saw in college. Not if you want your QB to stay healthy....now with that said, he has done a great job (similar to Shady) of avoiding the big hits. His legs are a part of his game, no doubt, that can really help an offense. I would guess he would put on bulk, you would still have plays that get him in space (some RPO, roll outs, naked bootlegs)...

My main point was, people need to not view Jackson as a running QB that can pass, but rather a fully capable pocket passer. Take his legs completely out of the game and hes still a good QB.

......appreciate your assessment....thanks.........

• Like (+1) 1

53 minutes ago, Tatonka68 said:

Are you talking about Jackson? You are right, Jackson will be the biggest bust in the draft.

No, talking about the lazy comparison. But I'm glad your crystal ball can predict the future. What's the numbers for the Power Ball mate, since you see the future so clearly.

If Lamar Jackson is the target I'm thinking we should try to trade with Green Bay from 21 up to 14. That would put us 1 pick ahead of Arizona who might want Jackson for themselves. I'm thinking a 2nd round pick could make that happen (Rams gave us a 2nd to jump from 16 to 8). Then we could take Jackson and still have a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd round pick to build the team around him a little. What team other than the Browns could come out of the draft with a better haul than that? This is exactly how I would approach the draft if I was Beane.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

If Lamar Jackson is the target I'm thinking we should try to trade with Green Bay from 21 up to 14. That would put us 1 pick ahead of Arizona who might want Jackson for themselves. I'm thinking a 2nd round pick could make that happen (Rams gave us a 2nd to jump from 16 to 8). Then we could take Jackson and still have a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd round pick to build the team around him a little. What team other than the Browns could come out of the draft with a better haul than that? This is exactly how I would approach the draft if I was Beane.

If they not only lock in on Jackson, but TRADE UP for Jackson then THAT would lead me to believe this FO is more stupid than the last few regimes. 

2 hours ago, KelsaysLunchbox said:

No, talking about the lazy comparison. But I'm glad your crystal ball can predict the future. What's the numbers for the Power Ball mate, since you see the future so clearly.

Even a caveman can see Jackson is nothing more than a CFL 2nd string QB.

3 hours ago, DCOrange said:

Do you have a link for that? Not disputing, but really interested in those stats. 

7 hours ago, K-GunJimKelly12 said:

Watch the games.

I've watched almost every Louisville game from the last two years.

4 hours ago, JohnBonhamRocks said:

Do you have a link for that? Not disputing, but really interested in those stats. 

You can see it in one of the charts at the link below. Edit: It should be noted that these numbers have slightly moved around since I originally posted it; I think I threw those charts together prior to the bowl games.

https://www.buffalorumblings.com/2017/12/14/16776108/more-ncaa-qb-charts

Edited by DCOrange
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 hours ago, K-GunJimKelly12 said:

Watch the games.

I've watched almost every Louisville game from the last two years.

4 hours ago, JohnBonhamRocks said:

You can see it in one of the charts at the link below. Edit: It should be noted that these numbers have slightly moved around since I originally posted it; I think I threw those charts together prior to the bowl games.

https://www.buffalorumblings.com/2017/12/14/16776108/more-ncaa-qb-charts

Edited 9 minutes ago by DCOrange

Top notch work, It does help illustrate the stats & completely cloud the decision on who is best fit for our Bills.. Mayfield looks great here though. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, JohnBonhamRocks said:

^Mayfield FTW

^Allen FTL

Yikes, that looks awful. But, you know, he has a big arm..... ^_^

Rudolph looks better there than I would have guessed.