Why is Baker Mayfield getting the least amount of buzz?

1 hour ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Unprofessional, petty, distracted... and people bag on Rosen's attitude? Ryan Leaf couldnt ignore/process media BS properly either.

1 hour ago, Batman1876 said:

It’s an approach that has worked well for Trump and Brady. 

And there ya go....both posters here are correct. Some people are shrewd enough to use that type of thing as an advantage, and some just get consumed by it.

If they draft Mayfield, I hope they have a very long interview with him and are very secure in their analysis of his character.  That issue will make or break him.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, westside said:

Why do so many people have Allen rated so high? His completion % is low, nothing I I see in him tells me he's going to be successful in the NFL. But, what the hell do I know?

You know about the same as the rest of us which is only what we read.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Josh Allen sent e-mails to many college programs and never garnered any interest.  Both he and Mayfield are the fellas with an edge and chip on their shoulders.  Marry that to talent, and you can get good results.  I like them both and think either would fit well with McD, though Allen will need more time to develop.

Just now, Dr. Who said:

Josh Allen sent e-mails to many college programs and never garnered any interest.  Both he and Mayfield are the fellas with an edge and chip on their shoulders.  Marry that to talent, and you can get good results.  I like them both and think either would fit well with McD, though Allen will need more time to develop.

Sent emails? 

4 minutes ago, Blokestradamus said:

That motivation got him from being a walk-on at Texas Tech to being an almost-consensus top-10 pick in the draft.

Whatever makes him tick, it's clearly working.

Worked for Ryan Leaf too... oh wait...

19 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I actually think McD likes this about him. He really tried to play up the “underdog” vibe and “no one believes in us” culture with the team last year. He fits right in. 

Shady really got behind this. Saw it after the Atlanta game. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Luka said:

Worked for Ryan Leaf too... oh wait...

So now if you disagree with someone you can just compare them to an all time bust and case closed?

Alright well you’re basically the Jamarcus Russell of the boards. 

Checkmate. 

Edited by Bobby Hooks
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

Some show one ESPN highlighting draft prospects indicated he e-mailed lots of Div 1 College coaches hoping to get an offer to play qb for them.

Interesting - did it say whether he went to any camps? Can’t imagine getting an offer through just a email. HS coaches are the ones that send out the film.

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

Interesting - did it say whether he went to any camps? Can’t imagine getting an offer through just a email. HS coaches are the ones that send out the film.

Sorry, I don't recollect.  I read somewhere else a family friend helped him get a spot on a team, but I don't know if that was Wyoming or the small college he started at.

5 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

Sorry, I don't recollect.  I read somewhere else a family friend helped him get a spot on a team, but I don't know if that was Wyoming or the small college he started at.

Well, whatever he did it worked because he’s about to go top 10 in the draft. If he went to a big time program he could have been buried on the depth chart.

• Like (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, Dante said:

I like the desire to win. To prove people are wrong. 

People’s criticisms of him are often about his attitude and maturity. So then by keeping a list of his enemies, he’s kinda proving those people are right. 

Edited by jimmy10
  • Like (+1) 2