Difference between Jackson and Taylor

So some are worried or scared that Lamar Jackson will turn out to be another Tyrod Taylor.. So i Thought I would post both stats and let you decide.

Tyrod Taylor

PASSING Stats
YEAR   CMP ATT PCT YDS AVG TD LNG INT RAT

72 134 53.7 927 6.9 5 59 3 119.7

99 173 57.2 1036 6.0 2 40 7 103.2

136 243 56.0 2311 9.5 13 81 5 149.4

188 315 59.7 2743 8.7 24 69 5 154.8
RUSHING Stats
YEAR   ATT YDS AVG LNG TD

102 420 4.1 52 6

147 738 5.0 73 7

106 370 3.5 46 5

146 659 4.5 72

Lamar Jackson 

PASSING Stats
YEAR   CMP ATT PCT YDS AVG TD LNG INT RAT

254 430 59.1 3660 8.5 27 78 10 146.6

230 409 56.2 3543 8.7 30 74 9 148.8

135 247 54.7 1840 7.4 12 56 8 126.8
RUSHING Stats
YEAR   ATT YDS AVG LNG TD

232 1601 6.9 75 18

260 1571 6.0 72 21

163 960 5.9 73

Notes

1. Jackson is coming out 1 year early but played as starting QB in college 1 year more so thus Jackson comes out more experienced.

2. Jackson best year Passing + Rushing yard total is 5,602 Yards total. Tyrods Total yards on his best year? 3,402 yards. Yes different conference different system but damn.

3. Taylor best year he threw the ball 315 times and 5 INT. Jackson best year threw the ball 430 times with 10 INT.

4. Taylor best year in TD's he had a total of 29 TD's. Jackson total TD's on his best year was 51.

5. Taylor was drafted in 6th round. Jackson is picked to be drafted in round 1 or 2.

So with this info in mind I ask you.. Is Lamar Jackson another Vic, Taylor? Or do you think he will be much better?

Thoughts

• Like (+1) 2

If we did draft Jackson, I'd want to take advantage of him as a runner, I think it'd be a mistake not to. Run option, spread offense and of course sprinkles of a pro style offense. I do think he'll be way better than Taylor, but I don't think he'll ever be a 4,000 yard passer, he may get you 4,000 yards rushing/passing combined, maybe he could grow as a passer as time goes on, but forcing him to be a pocket QB early in his career is a really bad idea.

55 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

Another Vick.     Might work, might not.  

That's what I am wondering.

50 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Not a sure thing, but who is? I'd take a shot at him in the right spot. To me, that's outside of the top 20. I'm pretty sure he's a LOT better than Taylor ever was. 

I agree its a crap shoot. What would be your "spot"

43 minutes ago, NewDayBills said:

If we did draft Jackson, I'd want to take advantage of him as a runner, I think it'd be a mistake not to. Run option, spread offense and of course sprinkles of a pro style offense. I do think he'll be way better than Taylor, but I don't think he'll ever be a 4,000 yard passer, he may get you 4,000 yards rushing/passing combined, maybe he could grow as a passer as time goes on, but forcing him to be a pocket QB early in his career is a really bad idea.

You mean like taking advantage of Tyrods running abilities? how that working out?

24 minutes ago, jmc12290 said:

TT threw less interceptions though!

Tyrod came out a bit more accurate yes.

7 minutes ago, jr1 said:

I like this clip because it shows his escapability and arm strength 

I can show you a few Tyrod whipped down field also. watch both.

I don't dislike Jackson, my view on him is the same as it is on Allen, Rudolph and to a lesser extent Darnold: there are a lot of things to like, but there are a bunch of issues that are directly related to how they play, be it inaccurate passing or a tendency to turn the ball over. IMO Rosen and Mayfield are a cut above the rest in terms of accuracy and have all the tools that translate to being a good QB in general. That said, Rosen's 2 concussions worry me and there's always the question of whether Mayfield's height will affect him at the next level. There's no surefire way to predict future success, the only thing you can do to maximize the chance you find a franchise QB is to pick someone with as little risk on the field as possible. For that reason and that reason only I think Rosen and Mayfield are the two best QBs in the draft. The other 4 could all be successful, but I would feel most comfortable with someone who I know can play the position at a high level and who I'm not depending on massive growth in order for them to be successful. I think those two have the highest floors. Unlike other years where the safer pick may not have the same ceiling as other QBs, I think Rosen and Mayfield have the same potential as the other four but with less risk. 

Edited by ndirish1978
  • Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, ndirish1978 said:

I don't dislike Jackson, my view on him is the same as it is on Allen, Rudolph and to a lesser extent Darnold: there are a lot of things to like, but there are a bunch of issues that are directly related to how they play, be it inaccurate passing or a tendency to turn the ball over. IMO Rosen and Mayfield are a cut above the rest in terms of accuracy and have all the tools that translate to being a good QB in general. That said, Rosen's 2 concussions worry me and there's always the question of whether Mayfield's height will affect him at the next level. There's no surefire way to predict future success, the only thing you can do to maximize the chance you find a franchise QB is to pick someone with as little risk on the field as possible. For that reason and that reason only I think Rosen and Mayfield are the two best QBs in the draft. The other 4 could all be successful, but I would feel most comfortable with someone who I know can play the position at a high level and who I'm not depending on massive growth in order for them to be successful. I think those two have the highest floors.    

Fair Observation

1 minute ago, #34fan said:

Call it a hunch, but the more I think about Jackson, the more I feel like he'll be wearing aqua and orange come May...

Miami huh? lol

1 hour ago, Teddy KGB said:

Another Vick.

This is such a lazy statement.  No he is not another Vick.  There was one Michael Vick.  Damn good quarterback who let his personal life kill any chance of sustained NFL success. Well that and playing for/in Atlanta

By all accounts Jackson seems to have some character to him.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, simool said:

This is such a lazy statement.  No he is not another Vick.  There was one Michael Vick.  Damn good quarterback who let his personal life kill any chance of sustained NFL success. Well that and playing for/in Atlanta

By all accounts Jackson seems to have some character to him.

so you know we are talking about on the field not off right?

1 minute ago, PrimeTime101 said:

so you know we are talking about on the field not off right?

I do. Still a lazy statement.  Thats like saying Allen is another Ryan Leaf.  You never hear that crap uttered about white qb's.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, simool said:

I do. Still a lazy statement.  Thats like saying Allen is another Ryan Leaf.  You never hear that crap uttered about white qb's.

I think you need to read up to op. Original Question is he another Tyrod/Vic or not? he said Vic. I think you need to skip the drama. he only answered my question and the question at hand was concerning ON field. Everyone knows he is not another Vic off the field. please skip the drama.

Edited by PrimeTime101

1 minute ago, PrimeTime101 said:

I think you need to read up to op. Original Question is he another Tyrod/Vic or not? he said Vic. I think you need to skip the drama. he only answered my question

So I quoted the wrong post.  You are the one with lazy correlations.  I think you need to skip the correlations ace. You suck at it.