MOCK 2.0

It's been awhile, decided to update my mock, here it goes.

1A. * TRADE  1(21) , 2 (56) , 5 (166) * TREMAINE EDWARDS, DE/LB, Virginia Tech ( I think he is the type of LB we need, big(tall) fast, good in coverage and good instincts)

1B. (22) VITA VEA, DL, Washington

2. (53) MASON RUDOLPH, QB, Oklahoma

3. (96) BILLY PRICE, OL, Ohio State

4. (121) DESMOND HARRISON, OT, West Georgia

5. (158) MICAH KISER, LB, Virginia

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I think there are 4 potential 1st round LB prospects in this draft. I would not be a fan of trading up for one. 

Why not draft Vander Esch with the 21st pick? He is a beast on tape as well and has equal measurables. I think they will have similar 40 times as well. 

Also it is not looking promising for Vea falling out of the top 15.

Edited by billspro

8 hours ago, KGun12TD said:

No way Price makes it to the 3rd round.

He tore his pectoral muscle doing the Bench Press at the  combine. He will for sure drop and. Most likely late 2nd round or 3 round. We have a chance to get him later than previous thought. 

12 minutes ago, wppete said:

He tore his pectoral muscle doing the Bench Press at the  combine. He will for sure drop and. Most likely late 2nd round or 3 round. We have a chance to get him later than previous thought. 

He's too good of a prospect to drop that far because of an injury that will not impact his career in the long term. 

11 hours ago, Gamache518 said:

1A. * TRADE  1(21) , 2 (56) , 5 (166) * TREMAINE EDWARDS, DE/LB, Virginia Tech ( I think he is the type of LB we need, big(tall) fast, good in coverage and good instincts)

WOW.  This would be amazing. 

Did you use Fanspeak?  I find them to be fun, but how on earth does Vea land at 22?  I'd perfer Mike White over Rudolph, but taking Rudolph in the 2nd seems correct.   Price in the 3rd is completely insane, but hey, take it if its there.  I think that's where we take a center who can play guard and end up with Ragnow or Bozeman.  Kiser is a guy I like, would be great depth in the 5th.  Know nothing about OT Harrison.  

10 hours ago, billspro said:

I think there are 4 potential 1st round LB prospects in this draft. I would not be a fan of trading up for one. 

Why not draft Vander Esch with the 21st pick? He is a beast on tape as well and has equal measurables. I think they will have similar 40 times as well. 

that's a good point.  I would keep that pick, and grab another LB/pass rusher with Vea (in this guys scenario where Vea makes it to us).  Then grab a RB like Freeman.  

Used First-Pick like these results MUCH better

Round 1 Pick 1 (CLE):  Rosen, Josh, QB, UCLA (A)
Round 2 Pick 21:  Phillips, Harrison, DT, Stanford (A)
Round 3 Pick 1 (CLE):  Chark, DJ, WR, LSU (A)
Round 3 Pick 32:  Jones, Jamarco, OT, Ohio State (A)
Round 4 Pick 21:  Warner, Fred, OLB, Brigham Young (A)
Round 5 Pick 21:  Hearn, Taylor, OG, Clemson (A+)
Round 5 Pick 29:  Kelly, Kameron, CB, San Diego State (A+)

to get first overall (gave up both 1st and a 2nd and a 2019 1st for 1st overall and a 2018 3rd)

Edited by MAJBobby
  • Like (+1) 1

The first priority for the Bills is to identify the top four qbs and then do everything possible to get one of them. After that is done then you follow your board. If your draft resources are used up to acquire your franchise qb, then so be it. Because where we sit in the draft there is no guarantee that we can swing a deal to get our most favored qb. If that can't materialize then go to your second or third or even fourth option. 

Last year, the Bills made deals in the draft to better position themselves in this draft where supposedly there were better and more prospects. That clearly was the strategy. Why shy away from it? There are no guarantees that the qb you select will turn out as expected. But if you want the odds to work out in your favor your chances for success are higher when you draft the higher rated qb. 

I don't care who the Bills draft. If a top tier qb prospect is not included in this year's draft I will consider it a significant organizational failure. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, wppete said:

We'd be lucky if he were there for one of our seconds -- and I'd run to the podium with the pick if he were.

16 hours ago, Gamache518 said:

With Glenn and Dawkins (right) slated to start..why a OT?  And we need a WR ..a burner..

17 hours ago, billspro said:

bryce paup?

18 hours ago, Gamache518 said:

i wouldn't trade up in the 1st for a lb.     vita vea/ davenport...or vea/payne.   imo i want 2 big nasties on that line....period...somehow, some way. that will make or break out next season. heck, we could win with nathan. if we get a good no. 2 rb and a couple of double team demanding killers on that line, we will be fine.

we could sure use billy price and i hope we get him and maybe a fa rt. we can find lb later. i would keep preston and use lorax as a pass rushing de.

as far as wr's go ..beyond clay and oleary, we have k.b, zay, thompson and maybe matttews. don't forget we could have hidden weapons like b. reilly and dupri. would like a speedster mid round or fa. good to go...