You're the GM, what do you offer Kyle Williams

On 3/1/2018 at 10:58 AM, TakeYouToTasker said:

Two years, AAV of 4-4.5m as a rotational DT.

The culture is still being established.  Need him there.

Not only that, but people are acting like we have better options. He is still significantly out-playing the younger, cheaper players Buffalo has brought in. It is not even close. Why do some fans always think they're smart by claiming the team should "move on" from an older, good player? Why not keep Kyle and fill all the glaring holes, in the mean time? A two year, above average, stopgap is what a smart football team would keep. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Paulus said:

Not only that, but people are acting like we have better options. He is still significantly out-playing the younger, cheaper players Buffalo has brought in. It is not even close. Why do some fans always think they're smart by claiming the team should "move on" from an older, good player? Why not keep Kyle and fill all the glaring holes, in the mean time? A two year, above average, stopgap is what a smart football team would keep. 

There are some young proven talents in fa, Daquan Jones from Titans for instance will probably get 4-6 per year. Stuffs the run and pressures the QB, athletic and versatile, has played nose and end in 3-4 and one tech in 4-3.

On 3/1/2018 at 4:10 PM, dpberr said:

This answer depends on how you felt seeing:

Bruce Smith and Andre Reed in Redskins uniforms and Thurman Thomas in a Dolphins uniform.

If those images made you cringe or physically feel ill, you have your answer as a fan.

The worst way to approach a possible new contract is to rely on emotion.  Reed and Thomas only played one more year and did next to nothing.  Bruce produced for the Redskins until he was 40, but wasn't the same player he was with us.

Having said that, Kyle Williams is our best DT (at the moment) and a great leader so it makes sense to sign him to a 1 year 5 or so million dollar deal to keep him here as a rotational DT.  Still need to address DT in free agency and the draft though.

On 3/1/2018 at 1:53 PM, BigBuff423 said:

I'm not going to be popular with this opinion, but I offer him: nothing. 

I've thanked him, there's a chance his name goes on the Wall of Fame at the stadium, would love to have him back as a coach....but I'm moving on. However, I'm also trading Shady and Hughes. So there's that....

Kyle is beloved for good reason, but this team just turned a tremendous corner and often it was in spite of several key factors: poor QB play (as a QB, not a runner), really bad run Defense (see Kyle, et. al.), poor WRs / passing game (see QB play), and lack of pass rush (see DEs, but also no push up the middle). Kyle is just one cog in this wheel that needs to be re-invented. Love the guy, I'm grateful for his dedicated years to Buffalo, but it's time to move on and find the younger, stronger, faster DT that can do what we need the middle of that D-line to do......

I know, I know....I'll be a pariah on this board, but someone had to say it. 

No I agree. I offer him 4 maybe 5 mil. I certainly don't think it's worth giving him 6 a year.